Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 129
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And by "defend" you mean "point out that coincidences happen and you have no evidence for the claims you're making"?
    I know that the timing of this is fishy at best, that the US government has covered up plenty of things before, and has been working furiously to conceal details of this attack since the news of it came out. You can think this is a coincidence if you want, but I think that view is badly misguided. I know you are skewed to demand hard evidence due to your obsession with science, but often in matters like this there isn't necessarily ever going to be hard evidence to go on. The government isn't likely to let that type of stuff get out, if it exists.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I know that the timing of this is fishy at best, that the US government has covered up plenty of things before, and has been working furiously to conceal details of this attack since the news of it came out. You can think this is a coincidence if you want, but I think that view is badly misguided. I know you are skewed to demand hard evidence due to your obsession with science, but often in matters like this there isn't necessarily ever going to be hard evidence to go on. The government isn't likely to let that type of stuff get out, if it exists.
    No, the timing of it is a coincidence at best.

    Oh me and my obsession with evidence.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    No, the timing of it is a coincidence at best.

    Oh me and my obsession with evidence.
    You leave no room for gray area in anything you ever assess. Something either has to be true or untrue. Rarely are things that simple in the area of US politics and history, but I wouldn't expect someone obsessed with science to realize that. I don't really care though, you can continue to ignore the history of this government and country in order to call it coincidence.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    You leave no room for gray area in anything you ever assess. Something either has to be true or untrue. Rarely are things that simple in the area of US politics and history, but I wouldn't expect someone obsessed with science to realize that. I don't really care though, you can continue to ignore the history of this government and country in order to call it coincidence.
    That is not a fair criticism of natepro. He does not need 100% evidence, but enough evidence to extrapolate a reasoned answer.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    That is not a fair criticism of natepro. He does not need 100% evidence, but enough evidence to extrapolate a reasoned answer.
    I respect your opinion, but I'll have to disagree with you.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    You leave no room for gray area in anything you ever assess. Something either has to be true or untrue. Rarely are things that simple in the area of US politics and history, but I wouldn't expect someone obsessed with science to realize that. I don't really care though, you can continue to ignore the history of this government and country in order to call it coincidence.
    The problem is, when you say "history" you mean "Gulf of Tonkin," and that's pretty much it. Maybe you'll throw in the False Flag proposal to spice things up a little, but look at how many times the words Gulf of Tonkin appear in this thread alone. When that's all you mean by history, and when you take that to mean that the Gulf of Tonkin incident happened so anything is possible, as you've clearly done, then you've left the rails.

    Something is either true or untrue. Either you're going to read this post, or you're not. Either you're going to respond, or you're not. Either you're one person using that username, or you're not. Of course, the more factors involved in something the greater the chances that one piece can be true while another not.

    And speaking of true or untrue, did you ever question whether that woman's comments were simply not true? At any point, did you stop and say, Hm, perhaps she's mistaken/wrong/lying? It doesn't seem like it. What she said, and what you and others have extrapolated from it, fits quite nicely into the government-is-out-to-get-us-all narrative, and so you happily and uncritically and wholly accept it. Where the grey area you apparently accept is in that, I have no idea.

    But please, keep saying I'm "obsessed with science" like it's a negative.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    vCash
    1500
    The problem exists only in your sources of Information Homestar.
    You are listening to "entertainers" that sell conspiracies,...hate and anger and intolerance are the recipe for big ratings.
    Sure the Government does some shady things....does Iran/contra ring a bell?
    Here you had Reagan and ollie North selling arms to IRAN, and sending money to south american rebels...both illegal activities.
    We then armed the Iraqies as well and for the last 20 years they have been using our own arms to kill us and each other...and your worried about 4 guys in Libya?

    You need to accept the fact that you are being played.Many people like myself used to vote R. But the "news" sources that push a conservative Ideology find it easier to come up with nonsense conspiracies then to explain what RIGHT with their ideas.
    Birth Certificates, Terrorist fist Bumping,Socialist Kenyans in the white house..Black Panthers,acorn...its ridiculous and this is just another Joke being played on you for ratings.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,012
    vCash
    1500
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

    This case is looking more and more like something out of The Young and The Restless.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,459
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndrew25 View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

    This case is looking more and more like something out of The Young and The Restless.
    This is the first part of the case that actually makes sense, at least to me. Good to know the FBI doesn't have The Machine from 'Person of Interest' watching FBI emails. and the FBI doesn't have agents reporting security risks to the House Majority Leader. Nice to know it's a very normal boy/girl jealousy thing instead. That is actually pretty comforting.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    vCash
    1500
    and pretty obvious as well....

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndrew25 View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

    This case is looking more and more like something out of The Young and The Restless.
    Some critics pointed to Ms. Broadwell's remarks in Denver as an indication that she may have been passing on classified information, leading to speculation that Mr. Petraeus may have been the source. Based on descriptions by U.S. officials, the romantic relationship had ended by then.

    In addition, the source of her comment may not have been intelligence information, but news reports. Earlier in her address, she cited findings of a report that day by Fox News. Immediately after, she mentioned the possibility that the CIA had held militants at the site, which the Fox report also mentioned.

    The Sept. 11 consulate attack resulted in the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans. One person briefed on U.S. intelligence said that reports focused on two main motives for the attack: inspiration from the violent protest that day at the U.S. embassy in Cairo, and the exhortation of al Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri to avenge the death of his second in command. The possibility of attackers trying to free detainees never came up, this person said.
    I assume this is all just part of the conspiracy, too, right?


    Edit: I'm not saying this to you, SA25, just quoting you because you're the one that posted the link that was taken from. Just wanted to clear that up.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    31,480
    vCash
    5862
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It is hard to remember the last time a coincidence happened in life. They're so rare...
    This. Some peoples kids, I tell ya.


    If this is what he says it is, then I commend him for his decision. Sadly, you never know with certainty when it comes to the politics involved with high positions of power in the government.

    Jumping to conspiracy conclusions is also laughable. Sure conspiracies happen all the time, so do coincidences and flat out resignations, as well as infidelity, and honest admittance of wrong doing.

    The real point here is this isn't even a political story to being with, and the fact that it was shared here only provokes the irrational and ignorant comments commonly found in this thread.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,012
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/us...candal.html?hp

    PERTH, Australia — Gen. John Allen, the top American and NATO commander in Afghanistan, is under investigation for what a senior defense official said early Tuesday was “inappropriate communication” with Jill Kelley, the woman in Tampa, Florida who was seen as a rival for David H. Petraeus’s attentions by Paula Broadwell, who had an extramarital affair with Mr. Petraeus.

    In a statement released to reporters on his plane en route to Australia early Tuesday, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said that the F.B.I. on Sunday had referred “a matter involving” General Allen to the Pentagon.

    Mr. Panetta turned the matter over to the Pentagon’s inspector general to conduct an investigation into what the defense official said were 20,000 to 30,000 pages of documents, many of them e-mails between General Allen and Ms. Kelley, who is married with children and lives in Tampa, Fla.

    Asked if the F.B.I. had determined that there was criminal action involved, the defense official replied, “That is for the F.B.I. to discuss.” The official, who briefed reporters on Mr. Panetta’s plane, said that “there is the distinct possibility'’ that the e-mails were connected to an ongoing F.B.I. investigation into Mr. Petraeus and Ms. Broadwell.

    The defense official said that General Allen, who is also married, told Pentagon officials he had done nothing wrong. Neither he nor Ms. Kelley could be reached for comment early Tuesday. Mr. Panetta’s statement praised General Allen for his leadership in Afghanistan and said that “he is entitled to due process in this matter.'’

    But the Pentagon inspector general’s investigation opens up what could be a widening scandal into two of the most prominent generals of their generation — Mr. Petraeus, who was the top commander in Iraq and Afghanistan before he retired from the military and became director of the C.I.A., only to resign on Friday because of the affair, and General Allen, who also served in Iraq and now commands 68,000 American troops in Afghanistan.

    Although General Allen will remain the commander in Afghanistan, Mr. Panetta said that he had asked President Obama to put on hold General Allen’s nomination to be the commander of American forces in Europe and the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, two positions he was to move into after what was expected to be easy confirmation by the Senate. Mr. Panetta said in his statement that Mr. Obama agreed with his decision.

    Gen. Joseph A. Dunford, the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps who was nominated last month by Mr. Obama to succeed General Allen in Afghanistan, will proceed as planned with his confirmation hearing. In his statement, Mr. Panetta urged the Senate to act promptly on his nomination.

    The defense official said that the e-mails between Ms. Kelley and General Allen spanned the years 2010 to 2012. The official could not explain why there were so many pages of e-mails and did not specify their content. The official said he could not explain how the e-mails between Ms. Kelley and General Allen were related to the e-mails between Mr. Petraeus and Ms. Broadwell and e-mails between Ms. Broadwell and Ms. Kelley.

    In what is known so far, Ms. Kelley went to the F.B.I. last summer after she was disturbed by harassing e-mails. The F.B.I. began an investigation and learned that the e-mails were from Ms. Broadwell. In the course of looking into Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails, the F.B.I. discovered e-mails between Ms. Broadwell and Mr. Petraeus that indicated they were having an extramarital affair. Ms. Broadwell, officials say, saw Ms. Kelley as a rival for her affections with Mr. Petraeus.

    The defense official said he did not know how General Allen and Ms. Kelley knew each other. General Allen has been in Afghanistan as the top American commander since July 2011, although before that he lived in Tampa as the deputy commander for Central Command, which oversees American military operations in the Middle East.

    The defense official said that the Pentagon had received the 20,000 to 30,000 pages of documents from the F.B.I. and was currently reviewing them.

    The defense official said that at 5 p.m. Washington time on Sunday Mr. Panetta was informed by the Pentagon’s general counsel that the F. B. I. had the thousands of pages of e-mails between General Allen and Ms. Kelley. Mr. Panetta was at the time on his plane en route from San Francisco to Honolulu, his first stop on a weeklong trip to the Pacific and Asia. Mr. Panetta notified the White House and then the leaders of the Senate and House Armed Services Committee.

    General Allen is now in Washington for what was to be his confirmation hearing as commander in Europe. That hearing, the official said, will now be delayed.

    Mr. Panetta and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton met later with Prime Minister Julia Gillard of Australia in Perth, where they had traveled for a United States-Australian security and diplomatic conference. Asked by a reporter while pausing for photos with Mrs. Clinton and Ms. Gillard if General Allen could remain an effective commander while under investigation, Mr. Panetta said nothing.

    This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

    Correction: November 13, 2012

    An earlier version of this article misstated the surname of the general now in Washington for what was to be his confirmation hearing as commander in Europe. He is General Allen, not General Kelley.

    You have to be ****ing ******** me at this point.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,946
    vCash
    1500
    I have an answer for this problem. Everyone needs to get laid in this country. And not just laid, laid is some freeky-style way. Multiple times. Make this country so sick of scandalous sex that we STOP OBBSSESSING OVER IT. Jesus christ people... the more I hear about this story the more I am just sad that our country is so sex deprived.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I have an answer for this problem. Everyone needs to get laid in this country. And not just laid, laid is some freeky-style way. Multiple times. Make this country so sick of scandalous sex that we STOP OBBSSESSING OVER IT. Jesus christ people... the more I hear about this story the more I am just sad that our country is so sex deprived.
    This argument especially applies to the Muslim world. They're more deprived than anybody.

    This whole thing is just so ridiculous. I agree we are certainly obsessed with stories like this, it makes us regress to our high school days where we can gossip about all the "tidbits" about peoples' sex lives.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •