Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Why is it if anyone does something, It's a conspiracy theory?
    Seriously, you of all people (given your expertise) are asking that question. I actually ask you that question, because of your expertise. I would seriously like a good technical understanding. I can explain it in laypersons point of view, but I defer to you.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83712.html

For those of you wondering why he would "take a bullet for Obama," well, that is certainly better than ending up dead in some kind of mysterious and tragic way in a few months...

Petraeus was never going to run for president anyways, and he's serving under Obama to boot. So just because he's been talked about by Republicans doesn't mean much.
    There aren't even words.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There aren't even words.
    Yes there are! I just choose to not express them.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Seriously, you of all people (given your expertise) are asking that question. I actually ask you that question, because of your expertise. I would seriously like a good technical understanding. I can explain it in laypersons point of view, but I defer to you.
    I don't have his expertise, obviously, but... people are hardwired to see agency where there is none. Instead of coincidences, we see people in control behind the scenes, pulling strings, making things happen. It also gives people a sense that they're "in the know" and aware of things other people can't or won't accept.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Yes there are! I just choose to not express them.
    Well... yeah.

Pathetic, sad, ridiculous, absurd, unfortunate, and illogical all come to mind.
    Visit my Blog.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Kudos to you for taking a Dickish post by me and turn it around on me.
    I have to admit I actually have no clue. Psychology often seeks to examine the commonality of behavior, or that which is clinically relevant. This is neither.

I would imagine it has more to do with identity than anything else. People for whom their identity is wrapped up with being truthful and persecuted. Having something to rail against. But it's just as much conjecture as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    I don't have his expertise, obviously, but... people are hardwired to see agency where there is none. Instead of coincidences, we see people in control behind the scenes, pulling strings, making things happen. It also gives people a sense that they're "in the know" and aware of things other people can't or won't accept.
    That's not the explanation I expected. I know some people are like that, but in this case, it seems more of a fairy tale being told by Fox News and the GOP. They think they have some political advantage to be gained here and are willing to do so. Trying to take advantage of the continuing narrative that Obama is somehow un-american.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    That's not the explanation I expected. I know some people are like that, but in this case, it seems more of a fairy tale being told by Fox News and the GOP. They think they have some political advantage to be gained here and are willing to do so. Trying to take advantage of the continuing narrative that Obama is somehow un-american.
    In the end, it's hard to see this as any different than 9/11 Truthers or people who think we didn't land on the moon. Evidence against the conspiracy will become evidence for it, and no amount of logic or reason or evidence will change their minds, because they know what's going on here.

Like five posts ago, someone seriously predicted, out of thin air, with nothing to support his assertion, that the choice Patreus made was resign or be killed. That's amazing.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Even Donald ****ing Trump doesn't think there's anything more to this. If even his little conspiracy-filled brain isn't suspicious, well, yeah...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Sounds like you're just part of the anti-conspiracy conspiracy. I know who you work for.....

vCash
    Just read on the trailer on CNN that the House Majority Leader knew of the Petreus investigation in October.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Sounds like you're just part of the anti-conspiracy conspiracy. I know who you work for.....
    I work for Monsanto, Big Pharma, Big Farm, Big Aerospace, and Big Lots (the others don't actually pay all that well, unfortunately).
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    As someone who has met patreus a few times I am not surprised he did quit for breaking the rules. He really is a stand up guy from the times I spoke with him in the military.
    You mean other than when he lost over $55 million while the HMFIC at MNSTC-I?
    I don't know how or why this resignation was prompted, or why, but it sure will be interesting to follow.

vCash
    this is a result of the demagogurey used to discredit both sides when caught engaging in behaviours that are inherent to the human condition.

Men cheat on their wives?.....REALLY!!!
    holy crap..alert the media!!!
    WHAT a SCANDAL!!!
    this has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!!(well before two seconds ago).

This is one of the favorite tactics of the GOP coming back and biting one of their Own.
    Homestarrunner continues to amaze.
    You are an intelligent guy, who has had his rational mind,overloaded with irrational thoughts.

You might enjoy the short story "the ballad of the flexible Bullet"
    Patreus and Obama very much dislike each other, and his appointment as cia director was "keeping your enemies closer".

Sadly, when you establish untenable guidlines to destroy political opponents, you wind up taking out your own people with friendly fire.

Well Done Rs, for sending a highly effective patriot into retirement.
    He was transforming the CIA into the most modern and socially penetrative agency the world has ever known.
    Insiders were somewhat humbled by how quickly he turned criticism of his tenure into admiration for his insite and direction.
    Now hes gone because.......news flash....men are cheaters.

Well done.

vCash
    I don't really know what Republicans have to do with him leaving his position. I'd think any CIA Director that was found to be having an affair, and thus opening himself up to blackmail, would be forced out.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast