Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Umm...

"I wanted him to continue," she said. "He was good, he loved the work, and he had a command of intelligence issues second to none." Feinstein added that Petraeus will no longer be required to testify at hearings next week related to the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya Sept. 11.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/natio...178159541.html
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 11-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.

vCash
    If it's not what they're saying, it is likely the case that he was fired by Obama and for PR reasons resigned. I was always unsure as to how effective he'd be as CIA director since it's a drastically different skillset one needs from being a modern General.

vCash
    Breaking News‏@BreakingNews

FBI investigating Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell for improperly trying to access his email, officials tell @NBCNews
    Gonna be a bumpy ride

vCash
    the person he was having an affair with was trying to access his email?

vCash
    I'm not usually a conspiricy guy, but if this does in fact get him out of testifying, then this smells.

vCash
    As someone who has met patreus a few times I am not surprised he did quit for breaking the rules. He really is a stand up guy from the times I spoke with him in the military.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I'm not usually a conspiricy guy, but if this does in fact get him out of testifying, then this smells.
    Dude...congress can compel anyone to testify at any time.
    If he has been excused from testifying "next week" because they wanted to speak to CIA bigwhigs, there is nothing preventing them from scheduling a hearing to speak with him directly.
    Come on, you gotta know that.

vCash
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...0fWvFB4QUc5pQA

once again knowing things sometimes helps.....

vCash
    It's really nice of the guy that had been talked about running for President for the Republicans to destroy his career and take this bullet for Obama, don't you all think?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It's really nice of the guy that had been talked about running for President for the Republicans to destroy his career and take this bullet for Obama, don't you all think?

vCash
    So wait, there are people out there who think that we should have left a guy in charge of the CIA who was having an affair and could have been blackmailed into doing who knows what?

There are also people out there who think that he is taking a bullet for Obama? I'm sure Romney was taking a bullet for Obama too when he dropped out of the election just like McCain did four years ago.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    We cannot have such dishonest moral practices in such a transparent and moral organization like the CIA

vCash
    His comments came as news reports surfaced indicating that the Federal Bureau of Investigation knew about Petraeus’s extramarital affair, and the circumstances surrounding it, months ago.
    Hayden said he understands why some members of Congress — especially those on the intelligence committees — are expressing concern over not being informed sooner. Petraeus was slated to testify this week before the Senate Intelligence Committee on the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, but now is not expected to do so.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83712.html

For those of you wondering why he would "take a bullet for Obama," well, that is certainly better than ending up dead in some kind of mysterious and tragic way in a few months...

Petraeus was never going to run for president anyways, and he's serving under Obama to boot. So just because he's been talked about by Republicans doesn't mean much.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Benghazi cover up getting worse and worse.
    Im glad it only took 4 posts for someone to realize this...

The top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee said Sunday that the length of the FBI's investigation into David Petraeus' extramarital affair raises serious questions about the government's response to potentially comprised intelligence.

Rep. Peter King, who made the remarks on CNN's "State of the Union," joined Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, in expressing concern over how the FBI and other federal agencies handled the investigation into the former CIA director’s affair, and specifically why members of Congress with oversight over intelligence and homeland security weren't briefed on the discoveries.

"I have questions about the whole matter," Rep. Peter King told CNN chief political correspondent Candy Crowley, pointing to reports that the White House first learned of the affair in a phone call from the FBI to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper at 5 p.m. on election night.

The FBI discovered Petraeus' affair during an investigation into a complaint that his biographer, Paula Broadwell, was sending harassing e-mails to another woman close to the retired four-star general, a U.S. official said Saturday.

During the investigation, other communications surfaced between Petraeus and Broadwell, a married mother of two, according to the official.

On Saturday, questions arose about why congressional leaders were not informed of the investigation immediately.

According to a congressional aide familiar with the matter, the House and Senate intelligence committees weren't informed that there was an FBI investigation into Petraeus until Friday.

Feinstein said on “Fox News Sunday” she wished intelligence officials had briefed her and other members of her committee earlier in their investigation.

“We received no advanced notice. It was like a lightning bolt,” Feinstein said, adding she thought the Petraeus affair was “something that could have had an effect on national security.”

“I think we should have been told,” the California Democrat said.

"It just doesn't add up," King, R-New York, said on CNN. "You have this type of investigation. The FBI investigating e-mails, the e-mails leading to the CIA director, and taking four months to find out that the CIA director was involved. I have real questions about this. I think a timeline has to be looked at and analyzed to see what happened."

The president should have been alerted far sooner if sensitive information had been compromised, King said, particularly since the investigation involved the nation's top intelligence chief.

"Obviously this was a matter involving a potential compromise of security, and the president should have been told about it at the earliest state. That's really all I'm saying."

The resignation also comes days before Petraeus was slated to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee about the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The attack, in which four Americans were killed, became a point of contention during the presidential campaign.

On Friday, King said on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront" that Petraeus is "an absolutely essential witness, maybe more than anybody else."

"David Petraeus testifying has nothing to do with whether or not he's still the CIA director, and I don't see how the CIA can say he's not going to testify," King said.

Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey, dismissed any questions about the government's investigation into Petraeus' e-mails, saying he didn't "see a conspiracy behind every curtain."

"It seems that the chain of events is pretty clear," Menendez said on "State of the Union."
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-page-5/

This also begs the more obvious question of why he can't still testify and how this can be used as a legitimate reason for him not to answer any questions... it looks like they just made the entire thing up to get him out of answering questions.

The US Government let their ambassador get raped and murdered while drones and troops were right over head... this was either gross incompetence or a gulf of token incident gone horribly awry.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 11-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Why is it if anyone does something, It's a conspiracy theory?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast