Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

CIA Director Patreus is quiting, citing personal reasons, a government source says

Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus has resigned, citing "extremely poor judgment" for having an extra-marital affair, NBC News reported.

"Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position," Petraeus said in his resignation letter. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

"This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation," Petraeus said in the letter.

Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a long time CIA officer, will likely be offered the job as acting director, multiple sources told NBC News.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/natio...178159541.html

Refresh for more updates to this breaking story.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 11-09-2012 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    It was reported by Andrea Mitchell that it was an affair
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Edit: Wrong thread.
    Last edited by ManRamForPrez24; 11-09-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: .

vCash
    Benghazi cover up getting worse and worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Convenient that the Director of the CIA resigns the week before the Benghazi hearings begin again in Congress over something that had zero effect on his ability to do his job, don't you think?

vCash
    Convenient that the Director of the CIA resigns the week before the Benghazi hearings begin again in Congress over something that had zero effect on his ability to do his job, don't you think?
    I'm sure he cheated on his wife the SECOND the hearing date was set.

And since when do people not think affairs effect a person's job integrity? Seems to be a running theme for decades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I'm sure he cheated on his wife the SECOND the hearing date was set.

And since when do people not think affairs effect a person's job integrity? Seems to be a running theme for decades.
    I'm not sure he really cheated on his wife. Secondly, it isn't about when he cheated, it's about when he resigned. Sure was convenient to do it at the 11th hour before these hearings resume.

Since ever. People still love slobbing over Clinton's knob after Lewinsky did the same.

vCash
    It is hard to remember the last time a coincidence happened in life. They're so rare...
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It is hard to remember the last time a coincidence happened in life. They're so rare...
    This. Some peoples kids, I tell ya.

If this is what he says it is, then I commend him for his decision. Sadly, you never know with certainty when it comes to the politics involved with high positions of power in the government.

Jumping to conspiracy conclusions is also laughable. Sure conspiracies happen all the time, so do coincidences and flat out resignations, as well as infidelity, and honest admittance of wrong doing.

The real point here is this isn't even a political story to being with, and the fact that it was shared here only provokes the irrational and ignorant comments commonly found in this thread.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    conspiracies getting worse and worse

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    conspiracies getting worse and worse

Nate Silver for Director of CIA
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Im glad it only took 4 posts for someone to realize this...

The top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee said Sunday that the length of the FBI's investigation into David Petraeus' extramarital affair raises serious questions about the government's response to potentially comprised intelligence.

Rep. Peter King, who made the remarks on CNN's "State of the Union," joined Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, in expressing concern over how the FBI and other federal agencies handled the investigation into the former CIA director’s affair, and specifically why members of Congress with oversight over intelligence and homeland security weren't briefed on the discoveries.

"I have questions about the whole matter," Rep. Peter King told CNN chief political correspondent Candy Crowley, pointing to reports that the White House first learned of the affair in a phone call from the FBI to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper at 5 p.m. on election night.

The FBI discovered Petraeus' affair during an investigation into a complaint that his biographer, Paula Broadwell, was sending harassing e-mails to another woman close to the retired four-star general, a U.S. official said Saturday.

During the investigation, other communications surfaced between Petraeus and Broadwell, a married mother of two, according to the official.

On Saturday, questions arose about why congressional leaders were not informed of the investigation immediately.

According to a congressional aide familiar with the matter, the House and Senate intelligence committees weren't informed that there was an FBI investigation into Petraeus until Friday.

Feinstein said on “Fox News Sunday” she wished intelligence officials had briefed her and other members of her committee earlier in their investigation.

“We received no advanced notice. It was like a lightning bolt,” Feinstein said, adding she thought the Petraeus affair was “something that could have had an effect on national security.”

“I think we should have been told,” the California Democrat said.

"It just doesn't add up," King, R-New York, said on CNN. "You have this type of investigation. The FBI investigating e-mails, the e-mails leading to the CIA director, and taking four months to find out that the CIA director was involved. I have real questions about this. I think a timeline has to be looked at and analyzed to see what happened."

The president should have been alerted far sooner if sensitive information had been compromised, King said, particularly since the investigation involved the nation's top intelligence chief.

"Obviously this was a matter involving a potential compromise of security, and the president should have been told about it at the earliest state. That's really all I'm saying."

The resignation also comes days before Petraeus was slated to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee about the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The attack, in which four Americans were killed, became a point of contention during the presidential campaign.

On Friday, King said on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront" that Petraeus is "an absolutely essential witness, maybe more than anybody else."

"David Petraeus testifying has nothing to do with whether or not he's still the CIA director, and I don't see how the CIA can say he's not going to testify," King said.

Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey, dismissed any questions about the government's investigation into Petraeus' e-mails, saying he didn't "see a conspiracy behind every curtain."

"It seems that the chain of events is pretty clear," Menendez said on "State of the Union."
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-page-5/

This also begs the more obvious question of why he can't still testify and how this can be used as a legitimate reason for him not to answer any questions... it looks like they just made the entire thing up to get him out of answering questions.

The US Government let their ambassador get raped and murdered while drones and troops were right over head... this was either gross incompetence or a gulf of token incident gone horribly awry.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 11-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout the TWTW!

vCash
    homie is on to something. Drudge has affair in quotes in their headline!
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Well I guess we can cross one name off the 2016 Republican list. Not that you heard much about him any more, but you used to.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast