Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    If it is true that Romney got a higher percentage of college educated people than Obama did....wow. That adds an extra layer of dickishness to that chart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...00775260_o.jpg

Taken from Neil deGrasse Tyson's Facebook page, left here without commentary.
    I wonder how different the list would be if you used the states with the best economies.

vCash
    I'm bored, so I'll do that with CNBC's best/worst states for business:

Best (1-10):
    Texas - Romney
    Utah - Romney
    Virginia - Obama
    North Carolina - Romney
    North Dakota - Romney
    Nebraska - Romney
    South Dakota - Romney
    Colorado - Obama
    Georgia - Romney
    Wyoming - Romney

Worst (41-50):
    New Jersey - Obama
    Louisiana - Romney
    Delaware - Obama
    Connecticut - Obama
    Nevada - Obama
    Mississippi - Romney
    Alaska - Romney
    West Virginia - Romney
    Hawaii - Obama
    Rhode Island - Obama

Not really much you can say about states with poorer business standings in terms of preference. Those with a stronger business presence as determined by CNBC voted in favor of Romney. That, however, shouldn't really be much of a surprise considering the two candidates' economic policies.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Okay, flips.

I guess at least you didn't call me a dick and tell me to go **** myself a couple more times, eh?
    Sorry if I said something that made you sensitive Nate. You know I like talking to you.... I thought You would understand I'm being melodramatic. Sorry. And while I may have been insulting towards you in another thread this is clearly an honest question.

Please tell me how this is an accurate description of the education voting association, when college grads voted more for Romney?
    Last edited by flips333; 11-10-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: ?????

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    .......silence?

vCash
    Holy Cow, Indiana is only .7% ahead of Alabama. That is really sad. Especially given the money and time spent the last 8 years reforming education. Whatever we are doing doesn't appear to be working. :cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Holy Cow, Indiana is only .7% ahead of Alabama. That is really sad. Especially given the money and time spent the last 8 years reforming education. Whatever we are doing doesn't appear to be working. :cry:
    . If you are reforming primary education it's at least 4-8 years before you would see improvement for college education rates. Probably won't see a change for 12-16.

Plus people from Indiana may be leaving for other parts of the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll:24269766
    .......silence?
    Yup.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    New Jersey is one of the tops.... WTF
    You realize that the Jersey Shore is just a TV show and isn't what New Jersey is actually like in any way whatsoever, right?
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-11-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Sorry if I said something that made you sensitive Nate. You know I like talking to you.... I thought You would understand I'm being melodramatic. Sorry. And while I may have been insulting towards you in another thread this is clearly an honest question.

Please tell me how this is an accurate description of the education voting association, when college grads voted more for Romney?
    Can someone also explain to me how having a college degree means you're smarter than someone else?

It took me 5 years to get a degree and I hated every second of school but I went through it because there's this ridiculous notion that you're not smart if you don't have a bachelor's degree. Unless you've been through 4 years of some stupid ******** busy work, where you memorized answers and slapped them on a test sheet, then somehow your opinion isn't as valid as another's?

Some of the stupidest people I know have college degrees... a lot of them are jersey shore girls who got through college because it's a total joke and now i'm supposed to respect their ******** opinions over someone who is brilliant but couldn't afford to drop 100k on a lousy piece of paper?

I could just as easily say the states with the best "education" went Obama because the educational system is run by a bunch of people who have never worked in the private sector, got teaching degrees through largely liberal schools, and don't know the first thing about conservatism or free markets.

This entire thing is totally relative and absolutely childish.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    Can someone also explain to me how having a college degree means you're smarter than someone else?

It took me 5 years to get a degree and I hated every second of school but I went through it because there's this ridiculous notion that you're not smart if you don't have a bachelor's degree. Unless you've been through 4 years of some stupid ******** busy work, where you memorized answers and slapped them on a test sheet, then somehow your opinion isn't as valid as another's?

Some of the stupidest people I know have college degrees... a lot of them are jersey shore girls who got through college because it's a total joke and now i'm supposed to respect their ******** opinions over someone who is brilliant but couldn't afford to drop 100k on a lousy piece of paper?

I could just as easily say the states with the best "education" went Obama because the educational system is run by a bunch of people who have never worked in the private sector, got teaching degrees through largely liberal schools, and don't know the first thing about conservatism or free markets.

This entire thing is totally relative and absolutely childish.
    On average people who have a college education are smarter then people who have just a high school diploma. People who have a high school diploma on average are going to be smarter than people who dropped out. People who get advanced degrees are on average smarter than those who don't. I'm sorry but just cause you know some dumb people with college educations doesn't mean education ceases to have value.

Less education is not a cause of poor intelligence. Anyone who tells you so doesn't understand the measurement of intelligence. Measuring intelligence is by no means a perfect science. But intelligence exists and it is highly correlated with education.

By the way is someone who is brilliant code for believes what I do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't think there's necessarily much of a correlation between higher education and general intelligence. Some correlation probably, but not a massive amount by any means.
    no there is. around .5 Which is huge for psychology.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    On average people who have a college education are smarter then people who have just a high school diploma. People who have a high school diploma on average are going to be smarter than people who dropped out. People who get advanced degrees are on average smarter than those who don't. I'm sorry but just cause you know some dumb people with college educations doesn't mean education ceases to have value.

Less education is not a cause of poor intelligence. Anyone who tells you so doesn't understand the measurement of intelligence. Measuring intelligence is by no means a perfect science. But intelligence exists and it is highly correlated with education.

By the way is someone who is brilliant code for believes what I do?
    No, i've got a friend who is a sort of savant when it comes to mathematics but can't find a job because he doesn't have a degree. It's not his fault he didn't have the money.

Meanwhile I have jersey shore friends who have degrees and are dumber than a pile of bricks.

The entire system of college disgusts me in this regard... I understand the importance but I do not understand how employers won't even TALK to non-college grads when they may be better future employees and can be paid less.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    The chart is clearly foolish statistical manipulation, but I'll draw a positive from the fact that South Carolina is not in the bottom 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    No, i've got a friend who is a sort of savant when it comes to mathematics but can't find a job because he doesn't have a degree. It's not his fault he didn't have the money.

Meanwhile I have jersey shore friends who have degrees and are dumber than a pile of bricks.

The entire system of college disgusts me in this regard... I understand the importance but I do not understand how employers won't even TALK to non-college grads when they may be better future employees and can be paid less.
    Because you have to have some standards... If you refuse to do what it takes to get the job, an employer is left to think that you will refuse to do what it takes to do the job. That is how I think of it when I get under qualified resumes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast