Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Top 10 Best (and Worst) Educated States and How They Voted

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...00775260_o.jpg

Taken from Neil deGrasse Tyson's Facebook page, left here without commentary.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    The Yuppie class votes Democrat.

That has been known for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Despite the graph, I don't think there is much correlation between one's intelligence and who they vote for. If one was to take the graph at face value though, it'd be easy to say that people with a college degree are more likely to be a Democrat. Not buying that either; there's plenty of intelligent (and not so intelligent) people on both sides of the equation.
    The question isn't that one side has it and one doesn't; its who has more.

Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The Yuppie class votes Democrat.

That has been known for a while.
    I don't think you mean yuppies. Yuppies are well-off young business guys, typically conservative Trump wannabes. Wall Street possession obsessed folk. Like Alex P Keaton.

vCash

For instance, look at the 10 wealthiest counties in America -- eight of them voted for Mr. Obama. And while Mr. Romney won college graduates (51 percent to 47 percent), Mr. Obama actually won those who had done post-graduate work (55 percent to 42 percent).

An I wonder if you cut out the people over oh say 50. If obama didnt win both big? Just saying.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    this is the politics of *******s. Yeah... lets refer to the other side as uneducated. this is productive. I'm starting to think Tyson is not that bright.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The question isn't that one side has it and one doesn't; its who has more.

I don't think you mean yuppies. Yuppies are well-off young business guys, typically conservative Trump wannabes. Wall Street possession obsessed folk. Like Alex P Keaton.
    I use the term for the upper class types.

Democrats don't do well with working class types.

So, it's not really a surprise that the more college educated crowd is a bit more Democratic.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go to college. That isn't a knock on their character.

vCash
    Despite the graph, I don't think there is much correlation between one's intelligence and who they vote for. If one was to take the graph at face value though, it'd be easy to say that people with a college degree are more likely to be a Democrat. Not buying that either; there's plenty of intelligent (and not so intelligent) people on both sides of the equation.
    I agree 100%, there are intelligent arguments to be made for both sides IMO. All that matters is what's important to you as a voter
    Proud to be PSD's Danny Woodhead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    this is the politics of *******s. Yeah... lets refer to the other side as uneducated. this is productive. I'm starting to think Tyson is not that bright.
    He's not saying that the other side isn't educated (or saying anything at all). It's simply a presentation of statistics. What about the middle 30 states? There are plenty of places to point to educated Republicans or uneducated Democrats.

****, he used Fox Business as the source (or whoever compiled the data did).

vCash
    New Jersey is one of the tops.... WTF
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    He's not saying that the other side isn't educated (or saying anything at all). It's simply a presentation of statistics. What about the middle 30 states? There are plenty of places to point to educated Republicans or uneducated Democrats.

****, he used Fox Business as the source (or whoever compiled the data did).
    It's a misrepresentation designed to make Republicans look stupid. Nothing more. It's essentially on par with what Howard Stern was doing earlier in the election cycle. I expect more from a genius Columbia Doctor of Physics.

from PBS:
    Mr. Romney won college graduates (51 percent to 47 percent), Mr. Obama actually won those who had done post-graduate work (55 percent to 42 percent).
    So instead of looking at the association with education with voting patterns itself this genius points to a correlation of a correlation? Sorry I'm tired of the people standing on the left with me antagonizing the opposition needlessly to feel superior. I don't need any of that ********. I know I'm superior. And not because I am on the left, because I have two ears and occasionally bother to use them.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-09-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Who else thinks I'm really pissy tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333:24258610
    I have to assume this is sarcasm.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    No it's not. I've seen this post on facebook pages... It's real deep and provides a solid scientific assessment of the effect of education on the election.

That's sarcasm.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333:24260201
    No it's not. I've seen this post on facebook pages... It's real deep and provides a solid scientific assessment of the effect of education on the election.

That's sarcasm.
    Oh. Well then that's just laughable.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Oh. Well then that's just laughable.
    Please tell me how this isn't a misrepresentation of the association of education and voting if college grads voted more for Romney? It's divisive and childish.

vCash
    Okay, flips.

I guess at least you didn't call me a dick and tell me to go **** myself a couple more times, eh?
    Visit my Blog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast