Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    look at his turnover rate, foul draw rate, etc. He is not able to replace Granger. West is their #1 option so far.

And yes, Hibbert has played very poorly to start the year. Augustine won't rip us up like Collison did, and Indy's bench has been bad, something we should have an advantage with tonight.
    By no means am I saying that he has come close to filling in for Granger. I am simply saying that I find his matchup with AK intriguing because of the way they both can fill up the boxscore and play defense.

I definitely understood why Bird called it quits with the way they took a step back with this team (losing Collison and Jones for Mahimi? drafting Plumlee?). They really should have been more invested in finding a PF of the future as well because West is 1. Just okay and 2. Only signed through this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    By no means am I saying that he has come close to filling in for Granger. I am simply saying that I find his matchup with AK intriguing because of the way they both can fill up the boxscore and play defense.

I definitely understood why Bird called it quits with the way they took a step back with this team (losing Collison and Jones for Mahimi? drafting Plumlee?). They really should have been more invested in finding a PF of the future as well because West is 1. Just okay and 2. Only signed through this season.
    This Indiana team is nowhere near as good as last year, especially with Granger gone, and Hibbert not playing well. Their PG situation is no good. But they are still a team one year removed from pushing the champs to 7 games, with some player movement, so we will be underdogs in this game tonight for sure.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    as far as the AK/George thing, AK is so much more efficient its crazy. George may not have the high ceiling you thought he did, but its early, I will reserve my judgement until later in the year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    JJ Bumblebee gets a double double. Points/fouls drawn.

vCash
    The Wolves are picked to win by 2 according the the odd makers.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Worried about this game, but if we can win tonight that would be big going into Chicago tomorrow night, keep the momentum going.

Is it sad that I like watching our 2nd unit more than our 1st?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnokOut View Post
    Worried about this game, but if we can win tonight that would be big going into Chicago tomorrow night, keep the momentum going.

Is it sad that I like watching our 2nd unit more than our 1st?
    I think it's safe to say a lot of us do.

vCash
    as far as the AK/George thing, AK is so much more efficient its crazy. George may not have the high ceiling you thought he did, but its early, I will reserve my judgement until later in the year.
    He may not and I will readily admit that, but it's still early in his career; and, as you said, early in the year. I'd still say he's top five in that draft though: Cousins/Monroe/Wall/Favors/George.

Your guy Greg Monroe looks like he's just starting to get it going (with an impressive 21-12-11), but he needs some help!

vCash
    Not sure if this is bold but: Pek wil get Hibbert to foul out
    I was thinking the opposite, haha.

vCash
    This Indiana team is nowhere near as good as last year, especially with Granger gone, and Hibbert not playing well. Their PG situation is no good. But they are still a team one year removed from pushing the champs to 7 games, with some player movement, so we will be underdogs in this game tonight for sure.
    I do worry about the matchup especially at PF (I can see williams getting killed by West). The Hibbert-Pek matchup could come down to who draws the first foul. Hill has an advantage on our PGs, you never know what George's activity is going to produce and some hot shooting or poor passing could leave us burried.

vCash
    I want to see Shved go off

I really really like Shveds playmaking ability. He reminds me a lot of Rubio with better scoring ability and he's a player that could drop 25 once he gets more comfortable in his role. I think we are going to see a lot of him tonight at the point since Barea is going to be out right? Or was that foot sprain not that bad?

vCash
    He may not and I will readily admit that, but it's still early in his career; and, as you said, early in the year. I'd still say he's top five in that draft though: Cousins/Monroe/Wall/Favors/George.

Your guy Greg Monroe looks like he's just starting to get it going (with an impressive 21-12-11), but he needs some help!
    He needs help, and to play some defense. The Knight pick was a waste, but I do like that PF they took this year down the line.

vCash
    I do worry about the matchup especially at PF (I can see williams getting killed by West). The Hibbert-Pek matchup could come down to who draws the first foul. Hill has an advantage on our PGs, you never know what George's activity is going to produce and some hot shooting or poor passing could leave us burried.
    Our bench will need another big game.

Anyone know Barea's status with the foot sprain?

vCash

Not yet. Recent news was that they'll test him before the game.

vCash

Barea is listed as "questionable." I can only assume he tries to play (though that may turn out quite badly).

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast