Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Indiana @ Minnesota, 11/9

8 PM EST

If someone wants to tell me how to do the graphic things for these threads then I can start doing that!

Also I think this should be a good game. As long as we hang tough defensively we will have a good shot to win, especially being at home.

Good chance to push our record to 4-1.

BY THE WAY, everyone start making a bold prediction in the game threads before each game.

I think Roy goes off for 16+ points tonight.

vCash
    Not sure if this is bold but: Pek wil get Hibbert to foul out

vCash
    I'm really excited to see Paul George versus AK47.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    We lucked out that Granger is out.

I've never been that high on him in the first place but he can score the rock so with AK putting his focus on George hopefully we can take him out of the game and then that leaves the rest of their decent team. Hibbert can do some work but Pek should stand his ground. Other than that I think we are pretty evenly matched outside of George Hill who gets the edge over Ridnour.

vCash
    Should be a good game to watch. Would be nice to keep momentum going.

vCash
    George hasn't stepped up with Granger out at all. AK should be able to handle him.

Watch him have a breakout game now...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    We lucked out that Granger is out.

I've never been that high on him in the first place but he can score the rock so with AK putting his focus on George hopefully we can take him out of the game and then that leaves the rest of their decent team. Hibbert can do some work but Pek should stand his ground. Other than that I think we are pretty evenly matched outside of George Hill who gets the edge over Ridnour.
    Every team we face until January, and ESPECIALLY until late November, lucked out....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Every team we face until January, and ESPECIALLY until late November, lucked out....
    Haha this is true.

vCash
    George has been playing pretty well against us, so I expect him to have a big game. The key is going to be efficiency in this game. Indiana is not a team that is going to give you many second chance points, like we got the last game, so we need to take the advantage of every possession. While they are not the same offensive juggernaut without Granger, they are by far the best defense we have seen so far this season and probably in the top 5-7 in the league, especially on the perimeter so we need our interior players to step up big time, especially at the SF, PF position. Hopefully Hilbbert will be cancelled out by Pek's prowess down low and will not have the impact on the inside he usually has on both ends of the floor. This is not really a team that you can rally back on so starting off strong will be key IMO.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    George hasn't stepped up with Granger out at all. AK should be able to handle him.

Watch him have a breakout game now...
    George's offensive game is still developing, but I think his stat line has been fairly impressive and AK-ish: 13.8PTS 9.8REB 3.4AST 1.6BLK 1.6STL

His percentages are down, but he's having to play nearly 40 minutes a game and Hibbert is having perhaps the worst year production-wise since his rookie campaign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    George has been playing pretty well against us, so I expect him to have a big game. The key is going to be efficiency in this game. Indiana is not a team that is going to give you many second chance points, like we got the last game, so we need to take the advantage of every possession. While they are not the same offensive juggernaut without Granger, they are by far the best defense we have seen so far this season and probably in the top 5-7 in the league, especially on the perimeter so we need our interior players to step up big time, especially at the SF, PF position. Hopefully Hilbbert will be cancelled out by Pek's prowess down low and will not have the impact on the inside he usually has on both ends of the floor. This is not really a team that you can rally back on so starting off strong will be key IMO.
    I don't think they ever were. They were sort of a classic East team with a fairly strong defense and a balanced offense. They were 13th in PPG last year and 10th in Opponent PPG.

The issue is that they weren't a team that could get by without one of their key components in the first place because they are a score-by-committee team and they seriously down-graded at backup PG and cut some wing defense in the Dallas trade.

vCash
    How do you guys feel about OUR defense? We are currently ranked 4th in the league in PPG allowed and its been a huge surprise so far. Obviously I don't think we are going to keep that up but do you guys think we can maintain a top 10 defense in terms of PPG allowed?

vCash
    How do you guys feel about OUR defense? We are currently ranked 4th in the league in PPG allowed and its been a huge surprise so far. Obviously I don't think we are going to keep that up but do you guys think we can maintain a top 10 defense in terms of PPG allowed?
    With Rubio in the lineup - possibly, without him - not a chance. Don't forget that we have played 4 games total, 2 against bottom dwellers and two against bottom tear playoff teams in the East, one of which we lost and allowed over 100 ppg.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    George's offensive game is still developing, but I think his stat line has been fairly impressive and AK-ish: 13.8PTS 9.8REB 3.4AST 1.6BLK 1.6STL

His percentages are down, but he's having to play nearly 40 minutes a game and Hibbert is having perhaps the worst year production-wise since his rookie campaign.
    look at his turnover rate, foul draw rate, etc. He is not able to replace Granger. West is their #1 option so far. He also gets plays run for him, AK gets his in the flow, meaning he doesn't waste possessions like George does.

And yes, Hibbert has played very poorly to start the year. Augustine won't rip us up like Collison did, and Indy's bench has been bad, something we should have an advantage with tonight.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 11-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    We may end up top 10 defensively by years end if Kirilenko, Rubio, Cunningham, and Stiemsma all stay healthy.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast