Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It seems were going to get the same Deron we've had one thats on the decline and has lost a step. The guy is too injury prone now and doesn't seem to give 100% every game at all. It took him getting destroyed by Lin last year to go out there and give 100% effort I dont like his style at all. I think Reggie Evans will start over Humphries soon the guy is so useless its ridiculous. Sucks offensively and defensively cant wait for next year to see what we do with his expiring contract.

vCash
    The starting five maybe needs some time to gel. Okay I don't expect the opposing team to get down by double digits in the 1st quarter but both games that we won our second unit did just that in the second quarter. Avery's got some work to do, that's not supposed to happen. It's a good thing, but the 1st unit has to perform better than the 2nd. I'm starting to buy the "give it time" argument, I think its wise to wait till the All-Star break to make drastic adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Watched the game twice, ( as basketball coach can't help myself)

Lopez only had one defensive breakdown the whole game, if he plays with that energy every night, would be great.

Hump on the other hand makes so many mistakes, I really believe we need to upgrade at PF. I love his hustle but he just not a heady ball player.

I hope Deron's ok, sometimes he disappears, doesn't even try to penetrate.

He was good in the 3rd though.
    Watch the game a third time "coach"

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    The starting five maybe needs some time to gel. Okay I don't expect the opposing team to get down by double digits in the 1st quarter but both games that we won our second unit did just that in the second quarter. Avery's got some work to do, that's not supposed to happen. It's a good thing, but the 1st unit has to perform better than the 2nd. I'm starting to buy the "give it time" argument, I think its wise to wait till the All-Star break to make drastic adjustments.
    You have to.

Anyone that has ever played organized basketball will tell you how hard it is to run the offense when you do not know the system. Basketball is an instinctive game. When you spend the game thinking about the plays and figuring things out, it makes you a step slower than the guys that have all the chemistry.

On defense is where i want to see improvement from everyone particularly our bigs.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Sorry chill ill trust my own judgement over yours.

vCash
    I just watched the first half of the game but couldn't watch the rest because the stream stopped working. Anyway if you dont think Brook played good defensively at least in the first half then you must have been watching a different game than I was. He wasn't playing like Dwight, he's not Dwight and never will be. But he did play solid defensively. I know there were a few plays were he made mistakes but you can't expect Brook to stop Afflalo when he's driving at him. Also Big Baby made some ridiculous shots where Brook defended him well and he just flicked it up and it went in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Sorry chill ill trust my own judgement over yours.
    You do that sir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf975 View Post
    I just watched the first half of the game but couldn't watch the rest because the stream stopped working. Anyway if you dont think Brook played good defensively at least in the first half then you must have been watching a different game than I was. He wasn't playing like Dwight, he's not Dwight and never will be. But he did play solid defensively. I know there were a few plays were he made mistakes but you can't expect Brook to stop Afflalo when he's driving at him. Also Big Baby made some ridiculous shots where Brook defended him well and he just flicked it up and it went in.
    The Magic literally have NOBODY that could hurt us inside. How do you gather Brook being good defensively from this game?

In fact how can anyone make any judgment on the defense from this game? So we ignore the league worst defense and pathetic defense against a team that matters in the Heat but we blow out a team we are SUPPOSED ti blow out and it means we are good?

Perimeter D looked great and the interior D looked as bad as usual. However this is a poor measuring stick. We will know against CLE

vCash
    The Magic literally have NOBODY that could hurt us inside. How do you gather Brook being good defensively from this game?

In fact how can anyone make any judgment on the defense from this game? So we ignore the league worst defense and pathetic defense against a team that matters in the Heat but we blow out a team we are SUPPOSED ti blow out and it means we are good?

Perimeter D looked great and the interior D looked as bad as usual. However this is a poor measuring stick. We will know against CLE
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3200/glen-davis

I'm not saying Glen Davis is anything better than average. But saying that they have nobody that can hurt us inside ins't true. And the interior defense was not bad. Look if you hold an NBA team, idc who they are, to 68 points you played well defensively on all facets.

Edit: Oh and I just remembered also before the game you said something like Big Baby's gonna go off tonight.
    Last edited by chrisf975; 11-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    lopez played great defense on big baby and blocking a few shots, made him take tough shots

vCash

Clueless

vCash
    glen davis is a beast inside!

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash

Nobody is saying Lopez is a great defensive player, but he did have a good game last night. Doesn't matter who it was against, it was a start.
    If you're going to rip on him on his bad nights, like Miami, and Minnesota, lets give him credit when he plays well.
    He played with energy all night, he needs to do that more often, he can be a decent defender.

I agree though, lets see how we do against the better teams before judging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf975 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3200/glen-davis

I'm not saying Glen Davis is anything better than average. But saying that they have nobody that can hurt us inside ins't true. And the interior defense was not bad. Look if you hold an NBA team, idc who they are, to 68 points you played well defensively on all facets.

Edit: Oh and I just remembered also before the game you said something like Big Baby's gonna go off tonight.
    Sarcasm. I was implying that a scrub was going to destroy us. Davis is trash. Those stats mean nothing.

Holding a team that was missing their key players and has nobody that could score to 68 when your bench does as well as ours did.. is not an indicator of great interior D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    lopez played great defense on big baby and blocking a few shots, made him take tough shots
    lol Big Baby is trash

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast