Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    You again? I thought I fixed your issue...you are still dealing with comprehension issues Gcoll.
    please research the definition of halucenation...You again seem to be struggling with grasping some concepts.
    This one looks good:

a perception of something (as a visual image or a sound) with no external cause usually arising from a disorder of the nervous system (as in delirium tremens or in functional psychosis without known neurological disease) or in response to drugs (as LSD)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hallucination

In the context of the description, "halucentation" is used in a more figuartive way, "wildly optimistic" meaning...Im going to train to run the NY marathon in world record time, even though Ive never run before and I smoke a pack a day.
    No. That would be a delusion.

a false belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that persists despite the facts and occurs in some psychotic states

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/delusion

what Guilt ridden halucentaion are YOU suggesting?(lol)
    Like if your dog tells you to stop masturbating so much.
    Last edited by gcoll; 11-18-2012 at 12:30 AM.

vCash
    a great example is the behaviour of meth/crack users,

the peeking through the blinds, or intently listening for the approach of some unknown stalker,
    Shhh, what was that?
    the overload of dopamine caused by cocaine tends to create a form of psychosis closely resembling schizophrenia, in this state, people do infact suffer intense halucenations from bugs on the skin, to hearing and seeing things that arent there.

that is not what they are talking about in reference to manic Depressives.

I have volunteered in the service of hundreds of Vets, Ptsd,drug addiction, Anxiety related, Bi polar, about the only thinh they will not allow any contact with is schizophrenics/psychotics.

I have never heard a single patient diagnosed with Bipolar indicate a psychotic break.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-18-2012 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    I have never heard a single patient diagnosed with Bipolar indicate a psychotic break.
    Well, that's probably because you aren't a psychologist and do not study bipolar disorder.

"hundreds of vets" is not a very large sample size.
    Last edited by gcoll; 11-18-2012 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    fair enough....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345