Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I agree, there has to be some amount of time that someone can deal with a health issue and hold their seat. I think Americans do not want to kick a Giffords out of congress... but being able to remove people with the level of ethics issues this guy has should be doable
    Even with Giffords, I think it's reasonable to replace her (if she hasn't been?...I haven't followed that story in a while). It's sad that she was incapacitated, but at some point, someone needs to be able to do the job she needed to do for the people she represents. If her seat isn't filled (or anyone's for that matter), a literal and metaphorical voice of some people in the nation is lost. To me, that does a great disservice to our political system.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    he he he he he he he he he he he he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee haw hee haw hee haw hee haw hee haw.
    hmm im unfamiliar with that term,
    we must have studied at differnt schools(lol)

The word FRAUD come to mind.

vCash
    wow, this took me about 15 seconds to find almost the exact thing I claimed that you just tryed to laugh about:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...bSH_tmoZETzX5g

Your either the WORST phd in Psychology Ive ever met or....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    Ive studied Mental health for about 20 years....
    why do people insist on acting as if they know things they dont?
    I don't know.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Even with Giffords, I think it's reasonable to replace her (if she hasn't been?...I haven't followed that story in a while). It's sad that she was incapacitated, but at some point, someone needs to be able to do the job she needed to do for the people she represents. If her seat isn't filled (or anyone's for that matter), a literal and metaphorical voice of some people in the nation is lost. To me, that does a great disservice to our political system.
    Yeah but you can't throw someone out of their job just cause they got sick... there has to be a reasonable amount of time for someone to get better ... + if you have a Dem or republican elected by the people, but the person who would pick the replacement will pick the opposite... you are doing a disservice to the people by putting someone in who wouldn't represent the wishes of their constituents (I believe this would have happened for Giffords, but obviously not Jackson)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Yeah but you can't throw someone out of their job just cause they got sick... there has to be a reasonable amount of time... + if you have a Dem or republican elected by the people, but the person who would pick the replacement will pick the opposite you are doing a disservice to the people by putting someone in who wouldn't represent their constituents (I believe this would have happened for Giffords, but obviously not Jackson)
    I didn't mean to imply that you'd throw someone out just because they're ill. Cases such as Jackson and Giffords are the extreme, and that's what I meant with my post.

It's a touchy subject, but I think there does need to be some kind of universal system in place to ensure that not only can the person who was elected perform the duties of the job but also can satisfy the needs of their base...which in and of itself is tricky to pin down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    wow, this took me about 15 seconds to find almost the exact thing I claimed that you just tryed to laugh about:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...bSH_tmoZETzX5g

Your either the WORST phd in Psychology Ive ever met or....
    Read the DSM and not a website that was written in 1996 when (if I'm not mistaken) bipolar disorder may have been classified differently.

vCash
    well youd be a wonderful candidate to explain it...
    Like using wikipedia to support a debate(lol) or not even vetting the source to make sure it supported what you were claiming ,like when you said there was a consensus among economists that the Free market was the way to go...and then one sentence latter it retratcted that claim by admitting the consensus was amongst 85(lol) economist that bothered to answer the authors questionaire, and that there was a equally robust group that disclaimed that consensus...LOLOLOLOL.

vCash
    I didn't mean to imply that you'd throw someone out just because they're ill. Cases such as Jackson and Giffords are the extreme, and that's what I meant with my post.

It's a touchy subject, but I think there does need to be some kind of universal system in place to ensure that not only can the person who was elected perform the duties of the job but also can satisfy the needs of their base...which in and of itself is tricky to pin down.
    Yeah that's tricky... maybe have politicians name successors when they are elected?

vCash
    The portion to which i referd was in direct contexst to the notion of pronounced halucenatory,or delusional episodes associated with manic depressives.

Any one who has spent any time honestly studying the behaviours of people suffering from Bipolar Knows that they are NOT prone to the same psychotic breaks associated with Schizophrenics.
    The do not "see" things. they do not "hear" things, that is exactly what the "doctor" implied.(lol)

vCash
    Yeah that's tricky... maybe have politicians name successors when they are elected?
    Convoluted, but I'm not opposed to something like that. I'm partial to a true special election, but I doubt that that's something everyone would agree to, and it'd be advantageous for the person who lost, probably, in such a scenario given their name value.

vCash
    Convoluted, but I'm not opposed to something like that. I'm partial to a true special election, but I doubt that that's something everyone would agree to, and it'd be advantageous for the person who lost, probably, in such a scenario given their name value.
    it's also expensive. It makes sense for the senate, but not so much for the House of reps (well maybe in jacksons case as he's been reelected and not able to show up so iot would be for two whole years)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    Any one who has spent any time honestly studying the behaviours of people suffering from Bipolar Knows that they are NOT prone to the same psychotic breaks associated with Schizophrenics.
    The do not "see" things. they do not "hear" things, that is exactly what the "doctor" implied.(lol)
    Dude. Read your own link.

Likewise, any psychotic symptoms associated with bipolar disorder should occur within the context of a manic or a depressive state - delusions of grandeur and hallucinations may be either wildly optimistic and grandiose, or completely disastrous and guilt-ridden.

vCash
    You again? I thought I fixed your issue...you are still dealing with comprehension issues Gcoll.
    please research the definition of halucenation...You again seem to be struggling with grasping some concepts.

In the context of the description, "halucentation" is used in a more figuartive way,
    "wildly optimistic" meaning...Im going to train to run the NY marathon in world record time, even though Ive never run before and I smoke a pack a day.

completely disaterous and guilt ridden meaning: I took a picture of my ex girlfrined down from the wall and she wound up killing herself an hour later.

what Guilt ridden halucentaion are YOU suggesting?(lol)
    Anything that involves a complete psychotic break is defined in the realm of psychzophrenia

vCash
    Hey everybody... Please leave this one alone... I know better I shouldn't have gotten into it... This thread is getting way off the political topic where it started can we please get back to mr Jackson's ethical issues, illness, and lack of showing up to congress?
    Last edited by flips333; 11-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast