Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Wow, your absolutely wrong, Bipolar disorder is defined under the classification of anxiety disorders

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...mQZr4nGL7Fb_Vw

Ive studied Mental health for about 20 years....
    why do people insist on acting as if they know things they dont?

Almost ALL anxiety disorders are based on compulsion,They are rooted in what is known as automatic thought which is in and of itself cumpulsive in nature....
    Go back to school flip.
    Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - 4 - TR is what is used to diagnose illnesses. Not the website you sent me. Bipolar is a mood disorder. Bipolar disorder can come with Anxiety symptoms. Did you even read what was on the website you sent. From the second paragraph in the link you sent me
    These people may be suffering from an anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, or both.
    I'm pretty sure that implies that an anxiety disorder and bipolar disorder are separate things.

Anxiety is correlated with almost all mental illnesses, but that is far different that anxiety disorder. Depressed moods are also associated with almost all mental illnesses, but this is not the same as depression.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-17-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: patsfan, gcoll... you happy ... now I'm doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Ive often refered to this document actually:
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...d9E1SlWdXhBkvw

and the PHDs ive cited are well known in the field.

anxiety is far different from an anxiety disorder....Funny, that really is a senseless statement.
    we arnt discussing whether or not a check will bounce or not, we are duiscussing issues which have a negative impact into the lives of individuals.

vCash
    curious how you edited out your PHd...I wonder what could possibly have inspired that correction?....
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-17-2012 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    curious how you edited out your PHd...I wonder what could possibly have inspired that correction?....
    I didn't feel like it lent to the argument... and it doesn't matter. The people on here who know me know my credentials.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-17-2012 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Ive often refered to this document actually:
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...d9E1SlWdXhBkvw

and the PHDs ive cited are well known in the field.

anxiety is far different from an anxiety disorder....Funny, that really is a senseless statement.
    we arnt discussing whether or not a check will bounce or not, we are duiscussing issues which have a negative impact into the lives of individuals.
    Do you work in europe? Cause unless you do... you shouldn't be using the WHO manual. And in the WHO manual you will find bipolar disorder also listen under mood disorder. Because it's a mood disorder.

"F06.3 Organic mood [affective] disorder"
    ".30 Organic manic disorder"
    ".31 Organic bipolar disorder"
    ".32 Organic depressive disorder"
    ".33 Organic mixed affective disorder"
    Last edited by flips333; 11-17-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    so then to further clarify the point I was making,
    It is a well understood fact that under duress we tend to make poor judegements/ bad decisions, right?

When you negotiate pricing, several sales tactics are designed to cause confusion for the purpose of illicting an emotional response.
    Making you wait, passing the sale to some one else, scribbling and then strickening figures on a sheet of paper. The Goal isnt the confusion itself, the goal is that in the confusion we are prone to making poor decisions..."lets just get it over with" "its not that much more then I wanted","im frustrated".
    The same holds true( as ive been educated) whit people in a constant state of Vigilance/anger/depression/mania/...
    there is an propensity for a quick overload....they are near "redline" all the time so it doesnt take much to push them into irrational behaviour, so once again I would ask how much of anything he has done can fairly be attributed to his imbalance.

Im not claiming he or anyone else should be forgiven or allowed to do whatever they want because they are struggling, I just have a level of compassion that I find strangley missing in the comments of the posters on here, when they in all likelihood have a very poor understanding as to what a "mental illness" actually means.

vCash
    well I dont claim to be a Phd, ive just spent a great deal of time researching and reading and taking classes in the field.
    'I have several friends that are Phds ,and maybe its just for the purpose of treatment(IDK) they have described it as under the umbrellas of Anxiety related disorders.

They have also Indicated that depression, although not regarded as being directly attributed to anxiety as opposed to feelings of loss, is also considered in the family of anxiety related disorders.

, what I do know is that many many of the decisions people attribute to others based on simply being a "bad" person are infact the result of being affected by a myriad of mental imbalances that result in excessive emotional aggitation.

vCash
    If you mean me lacking compassion, I willing to take the hit. I just don't think he is ill for reasons I stated earlier. The Jacksons family have alway being more about power grabbing and status then serving. Whether it his father with remarks about Obama and Colreta Scott King opinion of him or Jesse Jr tring to buy a senator seat. I admitt their past deeds may color my opinion, but if Jesse is sick, his family should let him leave politic with grace and help him recover.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-17-2012 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    ^ in that regard i would suggest his issues might be family/childhood related(lol).

vCash
    here is another source which uses the model suggesting manic depresive disorder as being intimately associated with anxiety related disorders and suggests a direct correlation between the two.

But, i guess I dont know what im talking about....

"it is not uncommon for someone with anxiety disorder to suffer from Bipolar disorder.many people with Bipolar disorder will suffer from at least one anxiety disorder at some point in their lives".

In addition my specific claim was that there is a component of compulsivity of thought at the root of both issues whether you want to classify them seperately or not.

i have been volunteering at a VA medical Center for about 10 years now working closely with doctors facilitating group sessions in Drug addiction, depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other issues, so If you have a specific concern for any of the thoughts ive offered on the subject, outside of "classifications" Id be happy to listen.....
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-17-2012 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    here is another source which uses the model suggesting manic depresive disorder as being intimately associated with anxiety related disorders and suggests a direct correlation between the two.

But, i guess I dont know what in talking about....
    yes you don't don't know what you're talking about, cause that's the exact same link as before, so even if you were right... you would be wrong it's not "another" source... It's the same source. see:

Wow, your absolutely wrong, Bipolar disorder is defined under the classification of anxiety disorders

Ive studied Mental health for about 20 years....
    why do people insist on acting as if they know things they dont?

Almost ALL anxiety disorders are based on compulsion,They are rooted in what is known as automatic thought which is in and of itself cumpulsive in nature....
    Go back to school flip.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-17-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: because I was being overly douchey

vCash
    OH, and BTW, the occurence of actual halucenatory or delusional incidence in Manic depressives is wildly exagerrated, and most commonly is attributibal to delusions of granduer or the ability to achieve unrealistic goals or feats.
    nothing that is dramatically associative with a more pschizophrenic break like you seemed to be suggesting in your previous post.

so since the extent of your lesson seems to be splitting hairs regarding classifying a condition,and nothing to support your inappropriate comment Ill wish you a Good night.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    OH, and BTW, the occurence of actual halucenatory or delusional incidence in Manic depressives is wildly exagerrated, and most commonly is attributibal to delusions of granduer or the ability to achieve unrealistic goals or feats.
    nothing that is dramatically associative with a more pschizophrenic break like you seemed to be suggesting in your previous post.

so since the extent of your lesson seems to be splitting hairs regarding classifying a condition,and nothing to support your inappropriate comment Ill wish you a Good night.
    he he he he he he he he he he he he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee haw hee haw hee haw hee haw hee haw.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-17-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: ha

vCash
    In this thread:

A professional in the field of mental health services/psychology (I presume) ***** alllllll over someone who cites one google link.

Back to JesseJ, it's sad that he's still a member of congress. Not due to the illness he has but rather due to his inability to do his job while collecting a fat paycheck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    In this thread:

A professional in the field of mental health services/psychology (I presume) ***** alllllll over someone who cites one google link.

Back to JesseJ, it's sad that he's still a member of congress. Not due to the illness he has but rather due to his inability to do his job while collecting a fat paycheck.
    I agree, there has to be some amount of time that someone can deal with a health issue and hold their seat. I think Americans do not want to kick a Giffords out of congress... but being able to remove people with the level of ethics issues this guy has should be doable

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast