Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    How is it Gabby Giffords could retire and not worry about losing her healthcare?
    I honestly don't understand what your point is. Not an argument. I honestly don't get it.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Not brilliant, but following past incidents of politicans who had mental illness or major brain tramua. They all left offices and their family gather around them to help them get well. The burning spotlight of the political arena isn't a good place to be if you trying to get well. You can't deal with the stress of the offices. You can't make rational decision for the welfare of your ward, state or country. The one thing missing from the Jesse Jackson Jr. picture that has been in all the incidents of this type of aliment is where is his family? They all are carring on as before. His wife is running his offices, his father and mother aren't around him it seems. No one is speaking for him or seem to change their lifes to help him. There isn't a sense of ralling the family around a down family member that I have seen in the past. If you suffered a mental illness, your family would try to shelter you from the stress of the outside world, you would withdrawn from your job to focus on getting well. Hell, your wife might even quit her job to help you. People have done this for members who had a major illness. They don't want their family member to suffer alone, and focus all their energy on them getting well You don't see this with the Jackson clan. They are well off money wise, so it isn't like they have to work.

    None of his co-workers or fellow politicans havn't step up in his defense, it seems they are staying as far away from him as possible. Investigations are still on going. I hope you have caught up on the news of his wife's problems. She definitly is about business as normal. The Jesse Jacksons Jr's mental illness picture just don't look right to me, so I calling him on it.

    I admitt, I could be wrong, but I would bet doughnuts to dollars that it is a ploy. Criminal have use mental instable pretense before in the past, when facing criminal charges. It not about his rational or irrational actions, but of those around him and how these mental ill politicans had acted in the past.

    Google jesse jacksons jr scandals.
    So now it's the smell test. Again no evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    How is it Gabby Giffords could retire and not worry about losing her healthcare?
    Husband is a retired astronaut... I'm just guessing that the US government provides health care for the family of astronauts.

    I think we should be able to remove forcibly mentally ill politicians who can not fill their own seat for an extended (let's say 3 months) time. I also think that we should provide medical insurance to such people. I don't deny that it is likely that Jr. is a crooked politician and he should be removed from office. I also think he should be treated for whatever he has with whatever insurance is provided by the government for congressmen. His worry about his income is not a concern for me... This is what our safety net is for. Welcome to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,137
    vCash
    1400
    50 bucks says political contributions paid for Junior's wife's nose.

    I can only imagine who would be leading the uproar if a white congressman whose district included parts of the southside of Chicago and south suburbs went into hiding and refused to represent his/her constituents.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    So now it's the smell test. Again no evidence.
    I was going to defend my position more on this, but I will quit. So I will just ask you a question, if you were in a political position ,and heaven forbid you came down with a mental illness, how would you handle the problem? How would your family react about it or co-workers?
    Last edited by WES445; 11-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,809
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I honestly don't understand what your point is. Not an argument. I honestly don't get it.
    JJJ is refusing to get out until he gets his disability. I'm asking if Gaby Giffords recieved it or how it is that she wasn't concerned with that.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I was going to defend my position more on this, but I will quit. So I will just ask you a question, if you were in a political position ,and heaven forbid you came down with a mental illness, how would you handle the problem? How would your family react about it or co-workers?
    Depends on the illlness. Bipolar disorder is not just about mania and depression, it is also often accompanied by hallucinations and paranoid delusions. So if I had that, there is no way of knowing how I would react... as I would be delusional.

    My issue with your assessment is simply making a diagnosis with no facts of the individual case. I'm not going to claim that anyone is malingering mental illness based on anything I read in the newspaper, or see on the news unless it is a doctor who worked directly with the patient making the diagnosis of malingering.

    I think where we agree is that the guy is likely a crook and shouldn't be in congress, regardless of his illness. Whether he has bipolar disorder, or cancer, or hell, gout... is inconsequential to evidence of wrongdoing. There is no evidence to accuse him of malingering on top of what he is already accused of.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-16-2012 at 01:39 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,315
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    JJJ is refusing to get out until he gets his disability. I'm asking if Gaby Giffords recieved it or how it is that she wasn't concerned with that.
    Thanks for the response.

    I don't have any knowledge about Gaby Giffords motivation, but, if it were a concern, in her case, it would not be at issue. The cause and effect of her disability is well documented.

    I know that mental illness is not as clear cut in practice. I do not know the specifics of congressional disability insurance, so I have no professional comment about the specifics.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Depends on the illlness. Bipolar disorder is not just about mania and depression, it is also often accompanied by hallucinations and paranoid delusions. So if I had that, there is no way of knowing how I would react... as I would be delusional.

    My issue with your assessment is simply making a diagnosis with no facts of the individual case. I'm not going to claim that anyone is malingering mental illness based on anything I read in the newspaper, or see on the news unless it is a doctor who worked directly with the patient making the diagnosis of malingering.

    I think where we agree is that the guy is likely a crook and shouldn't be in congress, regardless of his illness. Whether he has bipolar disorder, or cancer, or hell, gout... is inconsequential to evidence of wrongdoing. There is no evidence to accuse him of malingering on top of what he is already accused of.
    Well we are different on how much infro we need to make a decision on something. I raise a possiblity on observing those around him,his character, and those who had similar condition as Jesse. I won't argue a possiblilty with you because it just a hunch on my part. Much respect for your stand on not judging untill all the facts are in. I am poker player, so I am use to playing hunchs, observing, following trends and acting on limited infromantion. Still willing to bet you a doughnut to a dollar that it's a ploy.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-16-2012 at 10:10 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well we are different on how much infro we need to make a decision on something. I raise a possiblity on observing those around him,his character, and those who had similar condition as Jesse. I won't argue a possiblilty with you because it just a hunch on my part. Much respect for your stand on not judging untill all the facts are in. I am poker player, so I am use to playing hunchs, observing, following trends and acting on limited infromantion. Still willing to bet you a doughnut to a dollar that it's a ploy.
    I don't care for doughnuts.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I don't care for doughnuts.
    cool by me, bro

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Depends on the illlness. Bipolar disorder is not just about mania and depression, it is also often accompanied by hallucinations and paranoid delusions. So if I had that, there is no way of knowing how I would react... as I would be delusional.

    My issue with your assessment is simply making a diagnosis with no facts of the individual case. I'm not going to claim that anyone is malingering mental illness based on anything I read in the newspaper, or see on the news unless it is a doctor who worked directly with the patient making the diagnosis of malingering.

    I think where we agree is that the guy is likely a crook and shouldn't be in congress, regardless of his illness. Whether he has bipolar disorder, or cancer, or hell, gout... is inconsequential to evidence of wrongdoing. There is no evidence to accuse him of malingering on top of what he is already accused of.
    ahhh, but that then begs the question how much his condition affected his judgement..
    I cannot stand labels....they are based in a Judeo-christian need to assess punishment.

    Often with Anxiety related illnesses there is a compulsion that drives people forward into reckless acts,these conditions are often associated with irrational fears of unidentifiable consequence for failing to be driven along by the obsessive behaviour.

    We should all just thank god for our fortunes....If he needs to be removed, can we just do it without the stone throwing?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    ahhh, but that then begs the question how much his condition affected his judgement..
    I cannot stand labels....they are based in a Judeo-christian need to assess punishment.

    Often with Anxiety related illnesses there is a compulsion that drives people forward into reckless acts,these conditions are often associated with irrational fears of unidentifiable consequence for failing to be driven along by the obsessive behaviour.

    We should all just thank god for our fortunes....If he needs to be removed, can we just do it without the stone throwing?
    Really if the guy spent thousands of dollars illegally he committed a crime. I'm not stoning him.

    You cannot stand labels? What Like illnesses have labels. You can't have it both ways. If you want mental illness to be treated with a medical model... illnesses are going to have names. Could you imagine if we couldn't call heart disease or cancer heart disease or cancer?

    And FYI Bipolar isn't an anxiety disorder. Compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder, but many many anxiety disorders do not come with compulsive behavior. You don't really know what you are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    Wow, your absolutely wrong, Bipolar disorder is defined under the classification of anxiety disorders

    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...mQZr4nGL7Fb_Vw

    Ive studied Mental health for about 20 years....
    why do people insist on acting as if they know things they dont?

    Almost ALL anxiety disorders are based on compulsion,They are rooted in what is known as automatic thought which is in and of itself cumpulsive in nature....
    Go back to school flip.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    BTW, depression, ocd,dependent personality disorder,borderline personality disorder are also clinically speaking classified under the Umbrella of Anxiety related disorders.

    the theme of anxious people is danger.Depressed people focus on the past and obsess about a theme of loss, in addition to focusing on their own failings and flaws. Angry people, repeat automatic thoughts about the hurtful and deliberate behaviours of others, what we find in association between these and all other Anxiety related disorders ia a component of compulisivity of thought which drives an emotional response that is agregate in nature and can escalet to the point of incapacitation.


    That is from the case studies of Dr Mathew Mckay,Dr.Martha Davis, and dr.Patrick fanning.. maybe brush up on it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •