Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
    1. I start by replacing the whole staff with more of a pit bull coach. I like Munchak but these kids need someone to growl at them when they do stupid things on the field. Munchak just smiles like a clown and never shows any emotion.

2.Chris Palmer is so predictable that teams were teeing off on us by just watching which TE was in the game. If Cook was in it was a pass play if it was Stevens then run. The offense is vanilla and I would love to see what a talented and creative OC would do with these guys.

3. Jerry Gray I had very high hopes for but he seems to be lost. There always seems to be a soft spot in the middle of our defense. I have never seen us get killed by the run game so much right up the middle.

As far as players go I start with getting some damn pass rushing DES in here and I do it quickly. QBS have way to much time against us and our secondary gets strung out. I would be happy with a whole new defensive line. Hey Jerry Gray where the Hell is Karl Klug? Next I would get some interior oline that are actually better then average, Our interior oline is average at best and we could really improve here. We need a stud at FS because we are stuck with Griffin and somebody has to cover his shortcomings. I tink we also need one more good linebacker to go with McArthy and Ayers. This team desperately lacks leadership on defense and it shows. I think McCarthy could eventually fill that role but a veteran presence would be a great thing for this defense.
    They talked about that last week and said that Martin had outplayed him in practice and at 270 they didn't want him in there on running downs anyways. And this season the Titans haven't made teams get to passing situations on 3rd down.

vCash
    Mighty boss stone, don't make me point out your mistakes. Just curious, how many times did you have to revise your statement? Twice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Biggs View Post
    Mighty boss stone, don't make me point out your mistakes. Just curious, how many times did you have to revise your statement? Twice?
    Obvious troll is obvious. If you aren't going to talk about football, either quit posting or take your trolling elsewhere. Otherwise, I'm going to report you and get you banned for good.

vCash
    1. I start by replacing the whole staff with more of a pit bull coach. I like Munchak but these kids need someone to growl at them when they do stupid things on the field. Munchak just smiles like a clown and never shows any emotion.

2.Chris Palmer is so predictable that teams were teeing off on us by just watching which TE was in the game. If Cook was in it was a pass play if it was Stevens then run. The offense is vanilla and I would love to see what a talented and creative OC would do with these guys.

3. Jerry Gray I had very high hopes for but he seems to be lost. There always seems to be a soft spot in the middle of our defense. I have never seen us get killed by the run game so much right up the middle.

As far as players go I start with getting some damn pass rushing DES in here and I do it quickly. QBS have way to much time against us and our secondary gets strung out. I would be happy with a whole new defensive line. Hey Jerry Gray where the Hell is Karl Klug? Next I would get some interior oline that are actually better then average, Our interior oline is average at best and we could really improve here. We need a stud at FS because we are stuck with Griffin and somebody has to cover his shortcomings. I think we also need one more good linebacker to go with McArthy and Ayers. This team desperately lacks leadership on defense and it shows. I think McCarthy could eventually fill that role but a veteran presence would be a great thing for this defense.
    Zack Brown has all the potential to develop into that guy, but it might take a year or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    Zack Brown has all the potential to develop into that guy, but it might take a year or two.
    I like Zack but speed is supposed to be his thing and he got ran down by the QB sunday. Lol. I think he will be good though. I just want a leader somewhere on this defense. I think it's critical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious. If you aren't going to talk about football, either quit posting or take your trolling elsewhere. Otherwise, I'm going to report you and get you banned for good.
    I just put him on my ignore list so that his posts don't even show up.

vCash
    I like Zack but speed is supposed to be his thing and he got ran down by the QB sunday. Lol. I think he will be good though. I just want a leader somewhere on this defense. I think it's critical
    I definitely think McCarthy has the potential to be that guy, but I don't think its lack of leadership that is holding the Titans back. I think it's poor defensive scheming and lack of elite players on the line. I do think the Titans have some talented defensive linemen, mainly Casey, Martin and Wimbley. But I see all of those guys as average starters. The Titans need that one dominant, pro-bowl caliber player who requires double teams. They need a Haloti Ngata, a JJ Watt or a Justin Smith caliber guy. And I think that's why they need to seriously invest in their defense in the next draft. I don't care what happens with this team between today and the end of the season. The first round pick in next year's draft HAS to be a defensive linemen, IMO.

vCash
    I definitely think McCarthy has the potential to be that guy, but I don't think its lack of leadership that is holding the Titans back. I think it's poor defensive scheming and lack of elite players on the line. I do think the Titans have some talented defensive linemen, mainly Casey, Martin and Wimbley. But I see all of those guys as average starters. The Titans need that one dominant, pro-bowl caliber player who requires double teams. They need a Haloti Ngata, a JJ Watt or a Justin Smith caliber guy. And I think that's why they need to seriously invest in their defense in the next draft. I don't care what happens with this team between today and the end of the season. The first round pick in next year's draft HAS to be a defensive linemen, IMO.
    Agreed.

An elite defensive lineman will make everybody on that defense better by association. He will command more attention and free up the others on the line to have better matchups. He will take blockers away from the linebackers. He will give the secondary a better chance by giving the Quarterback less time and making them rush throws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Agreed.

An elite defensive lineman will make everybody on that defense better by association. He will command more attention and free up the others on the line to have better matchups. He will take blockers away from the linebackers. He will give the secondary a better chance by giving the Quarterback less time and making them rush throws.
    This is why I'd almost rather see this team tank the rest of the season than improve. I know it sounds awful to say you'd rather see your team lose than win, but look at the talent at the top of the draft in terms of defensive linemen. Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Barkevious Mingo and that Werner kid out of Florida State could step in tomorrow and immediately be the Titans best pass rusher. And that Utah DT looks like he's going to be an absolute monster NT at the NFL level.

There are still a LOT of talented D-linemen in this draft (this is probably the most talented D-Line draft I've ever seen), but if you're the Titans, you need an impact guy on the line and you want to get the best available player. If the season ended tomorrow, the Titans would draft 11th, but there are a crapload of teams hovering right below .500 and if Tennessee keeps winning games, they could fall into that 15-18 range where the best guys will be gone already.

Unfortunately, with the whole coaching staff on the hot seat, this team will probably try to win as many games as they can, finish 7-9 or 8-8 and screw themselves out of a top 10 pick.

vCash
    This is why I'd almost rather see this team tank the rest of the season than improve. I know it sounds awful to say you'd rather see your team lose than win, but look at the talent at the top of the draft in terms of defensive linemen. Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Barkevious Mingo and that Werner kid out of Florida State could step in tomorrow and immediately be the Titans best pass rusher. And that Utah DT looks like he's going to be an absolute monster NT at the NFL level.

There are still a LOT of talented D-linemen in this draft (this is probably the most talented D-Line draft I've ever seen), but if you're the Titans, you need an impact guy on the line and you want to get the best available player. If the season ended tomorrow, the Titans would draft 11th, but there are a crapload of teams hovering right below .500 and if Tennessee keeps winning games, they could fall into that 15-18 range where the best guys will be gone already.

Unfortunately, with the whole coaching staff on the hot seat, this team will probably try to win as many games as they can, finish 7-9 or 8-8 and screw themselves out of a top 10 pick.
    That is the guy I would want Star Lotulelei. But he will be a top 5 pick.

vCash
    4 words to cure all our defensive problems...

Defensive Coordinator - Mike Singletary

I was going to say Lawrence Taylor but I ain't sure how the league would respond to us paying him in cocaine and prostitutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    That is the guy I would want Star Lotulelei. But he will be a top 5 pick.
    Exactly. Guys like him, Jarvis Jones and Damontre Moore will be top 5-7 picks, and I think the Titans are going to play themselves well out of that range of talent. I hate the idea of teams tanking for higher draft picks, but I do think it's a reality at times. A .500 Titans team doesn't help the team in the long run more than a 6-10 Titans team does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    4 words to cure all our defensive problems...

Defensive Coordinator - Mike Singletary

I was going to say Lawrence Taylor but I ain't sure how the league would respond to us paying him in cocaine and prostitutes.
    I wonder how Singletary would don in a 3-4 defense, though, because that's the scheme he coached in San Francisco. And I'm pretty sure that nobody would be crazy enough to higher LT as a coach.

vCash
    That was called a joke Mighty one... lighten up brother. LOL

All joking aside, I don't see any names like Cowher, Dungy or Gruden coming down from on high of broadcast journalism (and getting paid buttloads for giving their opinion) to taking control of this dumpster fire we cheer every week. The Singletary line wasn't so much of a joke due to two main reasons.

1. Changing schemes may not hurt this team because the norm is NOT working at all and most of the pieces we have in place are young and can adjust.

2. Singletary will light a fire under these guys (or kick them off the planet). That man is all business all the time and the "hold hands and skip" to get a tackle approach ain't cutting it.

I would love to see a Billick type wearing a headset on Sunday but we are not getting that. Rob Ryan in Dallas, Dick LeBeau or recently fired Juan Castillo is where we are headed if any changes are even made. Opposite side of the coin would be a Mike Martz to try and get the offense off life support. Whoever it is needs to make sure they can teach or bring someone to teach these guys to tackle.

As far as team changes go, it's hard to say what these guys are capableof because a lot of problems stem fromscheme and coaching. There are some talented players on this team and some need to give money back for playing the way they do. Most of us were spoiled by the late 90's Titans and want this team back to that point. Well, they had McNair... they don't have that player or anything like that anymore. Somebody in that locker room needs to stand up and take charge. We need an Urlacher or a Ray Lewis to get these guys going and if need be, drag them kicking and screaming to excellence.

Plenty of change needs to be made but it starts in the office.

And bringing up McNair gives me an idea, they should play his game footage on a loop in the locker room pregame to get everybody fired up. That dude was a full on beast when he was in the zone.
    Last edited by bullTitan; 11-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    That was called a joke Mighty one... lighten up brother. LOL
    I figured as much, but you can never be too sure on PSD, dude.

All joking aside, I don't see any names like Cowher, Dungy or Gruden coming down from on high of broadcast journalism (and getting paid buttloads for giving their opinion) to taking control of this dumpster fire we cheer every week. The Singletary line wasn't so much of a joke due to two main reasons.

1. Changing schemes may not hurt this team because the norm is NOT working at all and most of the pieces we have in place are young and can adjust.

2. Singletary will light a fire under these guys (or kick them off the planet). That man is all business all the time and the "hold hands and skip" to get a tackle approach ain't cutting it.
    I do think Singletary would be a great addition who would get the most out of these players. My biggest concern would be whether or not some of these guys could fit into different roles. For example, we all know that Kamerion Wimbley can play a 3-4 OLB position, but do the Titans have another legit 3-4 OLB? Morgan seems too big and slow for the position and might have to play 3-4 DE. I could see Jurell Casey or Mike Martin as potential 3-4 DE candidates, but I'm not sure either could play 3-4 NT.

Regardless, if they could bring in someone to make the Titans' defense better in the long run and who could help make better personnel decisions, I don't care what scheme they're running or what players they have to get rid of.

I would love to see a Billick type wearing a headset on Sunday but we are not getting that. Rob Ryan in Dallas, Dick LeBeau or recently fired Juan Castillo is where we are headed if any changes are even made. Opposite side of the coin would be a Mike Martz to try and get the offense off life support. Whoever it is needs to make sure they can teach or bring someone to teach these guys to tackle.
    I'd be pretty pleased with most of those guys, although I think LeBeau is a tad old at 75. And Ryan would not be my first pick for defensive coordinator.

Well, they had McNair... they don't have that player or anything like that anymore. Somebody in that locker room needs to stand up and take charge. We need an Urlacher or a Ray Lewis to get these guys going and if need be, drag them kicking and screaming to excellence.
    Again, I don't think leadership this team is playing like crap. I think part of it is personnel, part of it is scheming and part of it is coaching. But there are a lot of teams in this league that don't have an Urlacher or Ray Lewis type leader but are still successful.

I do think that Jake Locker needs to be the face of this franchise. And based on the leadership skills he showed at Washington, he'd be an ideal pick to be a leader on this team. But for him to become that kind of leader, he has to become a better player, and I think that will take a few significant changes offensively.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast