Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Love Mike Singletary but can't see him coming to Nashville...

vCash
    Just a question for you guys. What do you think Mike Munchak is doing on the bye week to prepare this team for the rest of the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Just a question for you guys. What do you think Mike Munchak is doing on the bye week to prepare this team for the rest of the season?
    I think he's definitely got to be working with the coordinators on their schemes, their tackling and their offensive playcalling. Defensively, this team has to find a way to provide a more consistent pass rush. Whether it's playing some guys at different positions, using some different looks or stunting more or just flat out blitzing. And on offense, they have to find ways to make the game easier for Locker. They need to implement more bootleg passing situations and more opportunities to get him easy passes on short-intermediate routes.

I'm hoping that we'll see some improvements in these areas from now till the end of the season. If by the end of the year, they're still struggling mightily to get sacks and they still have no idea how good Locker is, then I'll be really worried about this team moving forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think he's definitely got to be working with the coordinators on their schemes, their tackling and their offensive playcalling. Defensively, this team has to find a way to provide a more consistent pass rush. Whether it's playing some guys at different positions, using some different looks or stunting more or just flat out blitzing. And on offense, they have to find ways to make the game easier for Locker. They need to implement more bootleg passing situations and more opportunities to get him easy passes on short-intermediate routes.

I'm hoping that we'll see some improvements in these areas from now till the end of the season. If by the end of the year, they're still struggling mightily to get sacks and they still have no idea how good Locker is, then I'll be really worried about this team moving forward.
    From what Clay Travis said apparently he was on vacation in Florida several days ago.

vCash
    Well to kinda summarize the whole ordeal... If Munch hasn't made some changes or is making them, the change that will be made is him.

It's hard to believe that with the way the season has gone that we are (statistically speaking only) still alive for a playoff spot. I do believe that the majority of the coaching staff will be gone next year but Munch is still coaching for his job. Bottom line for me though is that I'm already looking at mock drafts. I think Te'o would look good in Titan blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    Well to kinda summarize the whole ordeal... If Munch hasn't made some changes or is making them, the change that will be made is him.

It's hard to believe that with the way the season has gone that we are (statistically speaking only) still alive for a playoff spot. I do believe that the majority of the coaching staff will be gone next year but Munch is still coaching for his job. Bottom line for me though is that I'm already looking at mock drafts. I think Te'o would look good in Titan blue.
    I think that even if they keep Much, Gray should still be gone and Palmer should probably be gone as well. There are just too many mistakes on both sides of the ball week in and week out for those guys to keep their jobs.

As for the draft, I'm definitely a Te'o fan, but I'd much rather they go after a defensive lineman. The young talent is there at linebacker with McCarthy and Ayers, but it's a dominant d-lineman that they really lack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think that even if they keep Much, Gray should still be gone and Palmer should probably be gone as well. There are just too many mistakes on both sides of the ball week in and week out for those guys to keep their jobs.

As for the draft, I'm definitely a Te'o fan, but I'd much rather they go after a defensive lineman. The young talent is there at linebacker with McCarthy and Ayers, but it's a dominant d-lineman that they really lack.

McCarthy and Ayers are both very good but where I am forced to disagree is that a D-lineman will solve a great deal of their woes onthat side of the ball. I feel that what is needed on defense is a leader. Te'o is drawing some comparisons to some very good LB's (Derrick Brooks) and I don't see any "can't miss" DL prospects in this years class. I may not be looking as hard as some people but thats just how I see it.

As I said in my earlier post though, I have seen a mock draft that has us taking a CB in the first (DeMarcus Milliner) and then they changed it to a DE (Sam Montgomery). I also think that crossing our fingers for Te'o to fall to us is just plain dumb as well. Far and away the best player in a weak draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    McCarthy and Ayers are both very good but where I am forced to disagree is that a D-lineman will solve a great deal of their woes onthat side of the ball. I feel that what is needed on defense is a leader. Te'o is drawing some comparisons to some very good LB's (Derrick Brooks) and I don't see any "can't miss" DL prospects in this years class. I may not be looking as hard as some people but thats just how I see it.
    Yeah, dude, you're not looking very hard. Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei and Demontre Moore have been top 5 picks in a lot of mock drafts I've seen. And Bjoern Werner, Barkevious Mingon , Johnathan Hankins and Sam Montgomery are almost always top 10-15 in most mocks I've seen. If ever there was a draft to get an impact d-linemen in the first round, this is that draft.

As I said in my earlier post though, I have seen a mock draft that has us taking a CB in the first (DeMarcus Milliner) and then they changed it to a DE (Sam Montgomery). I also think that crossing our fingers for Te'o to fall to us is just plain dumb as well. Far and away the best player in a weak draft.
    Te'o is a great player, but I hardly think he's "far and away" the best player. There are a ton of really talented offensive and defensive linemen in this draft that I think you're seriously underrating. And I haven't seen Te'o go higher than third in any mock I've seen.

vCash
    Probably half the picks in the 1st round will be defensive linemen....

vCash
    Gg guys

vCash
    We should just hire Dave Biggs for every single position there is. He, with his infinite knowledge and wisdom will get us going in the right direction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123