Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Vikings dont believe in Joe Webb

Report: Vikings don't believe in QB Webb

Joe Webb | MIN (November 9, 2012 10:59 AM EST) According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, "no one who matters at Winter Park" believes backup Joe Webb has a chance to be the long-term solution at quarterback.

There's no chance that Webb will be given a look in the short-term, either, as the move would crush Christian Ponder's confidence and raise questions about his future. "We have (made changes) and we're hoping for immediate results," OC Bill Musgrave said of his struggling passing attack. "We really are. This has been a good process for us to go through as coaches and players because we all take accountability."

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 11-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Ponder will and needs to be our qb until the end of the season, and into next years season. There will be nothing gained from benching Ponder. Ponder won't learn anything from watching Webb. Ponder needs to go out there and learn on the job. Give the guy some control over the offense. Let's see if he can handle audibles, and no huddle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Report: Vikings don't believe in QB Webb

Joe Webb | MIN (November 9, 2012 10:59 AM EST) According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, "no one who matters at Winter Park" believes backup Joe Webb has a chance to be the long-term solution at quarterback.

There's no chance that Webb will be given a look in the short-term, either, as the move would crush Christian Ponder's confidence and raise questions about his future. "We have (made changes) and we're hoping for immediate results," OC Bill Musgrave said of his struggling passing attack. "We really are. This has been a good process for us to go through as coaches and players because we all take accountability."
    I'm liking more and more what these guys are saying. This is literally going to make or break Ponder, but sometimes that's what it comes down to, this is where the rubber meets the road.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I think it has been pretty evident that they don't believe in Webb.

vCash
    if they dont believe in webb than they shouldve moved him to receiver, they are wasting his talent, and as for musgrave if ponder plays terrible again and if rudolph doesnt have a catch and if we only get field goals in the red zone than musgrave needs to go during the bye week.

vCash
    and i highly doubt if ponder continues his horrific play throughout the remainder of the season there should and will be no way that he starts for us next year unless he actually has competition because they are in a no win situation because of the draft class for qbs unless they want to trade or lose every game to get matt barkley. but im hearing mixeed reviews on him so its basically a no win situation for us. he either plays better or continues his downward spiral and for us to all endure.

vCash
    Is there really anyone here on this site that believe Webb can be a starting caliber QB? I like Webb as an athlete but no way as my starting QB.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Is there really anyone here on this site that believe Webb can be a starting caliber QB? I like Webb as an athlete but no way as my starting QB.
    I do remember a certain monday night game where he lit it up and looked great. Preseason he had not line play and the recievers on the second team had no clue what they were doing.

I'll be the island and say Let Webb give it a shot, we all know ponder is toast right now - looks like a lost puppy! We still have an outside shot at the playoffs and Ponder is not getting it done. If he is so fragile that he can't handle it do we really want him as our longterm solution?

Any way Ponder is due his yearly injury so we will get to see someone else there soon.

vCash
    not as a starting qb but i really wish they wouldve done something to move him into wide receiver this year and help him groom that position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    not as a starting qb but i really wish they wouldve done something to move him into wide receiver this year and help him groom that position.
    They think he is better at QB, which doesn't really speak very well for how good they think he'd play at WR. I was all for trying to develop him at QB after what he'd done in spot duty but this year it became very evident that Webb had not progressed or improved one bit when he could not complete very simple, easy passes in the pre-season. Webb should not be our backup QB.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Ponder is a bum. Start Ragnar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Ponder is a bum. Start Ragnar
    I wanna see Mcloud!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I wanna see Mcloud!
    No, no you don't. That won't be pretty at all.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I'm liking more and more what these guys are saying. This is literally going to make or break Ponder, but sometimes that's what it comes down to, this is where the rubber meets the road.
    I do like it as well.....especially that they have changed things up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I wanna see Mcloud!
    I would only go for that if we are in the last game or two of the year and tanking it/giving up hope. It would be cool to be able to chant "MBT, MBT"

vCash
    Please Jesus,,,I pray to you that you MAKE our Coaching staff just put Webb in at WR for a couple deep routs down the sideline, and actually give him the ball...After his second catch we wont have threads like this again or glaring questions at WR anymore.....We need to no longer keep on of our most athletic specimens on the bench anymore.....and for early Christmas could you please send me some Webb Wildcat to keep the D honest please.....

Thanks,
    Josh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast