Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,932
    vCash
    54192

    Bulls' 2012-13 Season Stats Thread

    Let's bring all of the statistical analysis, statistical comparisons, and anything in between here. This goes for the Bulls' team as a whole in comparison to previous years, to other teams from this season, and the Bulls' players individually this year compared to last year and so on.



    Bulls' stats through 5 games:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2013.html

    21st in PPG
    5th in OPP PPG
    15th in Pace
    19th in ORtg
    4th in DRtg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    25,691
    vCash
    1500
    30th in 3 point shooting

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,932
    vCash
    54192
    we're actually 28th in 3pt%, but we're also 27th in number of attempts so it's not like we're taking a lot and missing a lot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    25,691
    vCash
    1500
    Lu 4-17 is awful

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaptrikz View Post
    Lu 4-17 is awful
    Wow thats really bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    we're actually 28th in 3pt%, but we're also 27th in number of attempts so it's not like we're taking a lot and missing a lot
    No but the ones you are taking you are making low %...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,755
    vCash
    1500
    So.... Whats OPP PPG, ORtg, DRtg?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,932
    vCash
    54192
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    Wow thats really bad



    No but the ones you are taking you are making low %...
    well duh lol, that's why they're ranked 28th in 3pt% so far

    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    So.... Whats OPP PPG, ORtg, DRtg?
    OPP PPG = opponent's points per game

    ORtg = Offensive Rating, which means an estimate of points scored per 100 possessions

    DRtg = Defensive Rating, which means an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    25,691
    vCash
    1500
    OT when you go on that website, click on the red tag on top of every category at it will tell you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaptrikz View Post
    OT when you go on that website, click on the red tag on top of every category at it will tell you


    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    well duh lol, that's why they're ranked 28th in 3pt% so far

    OPP PPG = opponent's points per game

    ORtg = Offensive Rating, which means an estimate of points scored per 100 possessions

    DRtg = Defensive Rating, which means an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions
    I thought you justified the 28th in 3pt% by the low amount of shoots and i was saying that % has nothing to do with amount. You could make only 4 shoots the entire season and hit just one and your % would be 25% (probably 30th).

    And thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,932
    vCash
    54192
    Quote Originally Posted by O_T-1 View Post
    I thought you justified the 28th in 3pt% by the low amount of shoots and i was saying that % has nothing to do with amount. You could make only 4 shoots the entire season and hit just one and your % would be 25% (probably 30th).
    That's exactly what i did. Their awful percentage is somewhat justified with the very small sample size. Percentage definitely has something to do with the amount take, but if the amount you take is small then the percentage's magnitude is diminished.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    That's exactly what i did. Their awful percentage is somewhat justified with the very small sample size. Percentage definitely has something to do with the amount take, but if the amount you take is small then the percentage's magnitude is diminished.
    Agreed ... bellineli .375% from 3pt. To low for a specialist

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,932
    vCash
    54192
    But the guy's only taken 8 attempts so far, so it really means nothing yet. If he ends up taking 200 at the end of the year and is still at that 37-38% range, then yeah it wasn't good enough.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    67,734
    vCash
    1500
    Here's a stat: Nate has 8 packs per ab... or something

    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...o4lno1_500.jpg
    Last edited by kingbrentg; 11-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,685
    vCash
    1500
    We are top 5 in the PF position per this website.. http://www.hoopsstats.com/ Their stat is "difference in efficiency" We were the top team there the other day but now were are number 8

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,932
    vCash
    54192
    Through 8 games:

    Bulls are 5-3. They are 23rd in Pace, 7th in DRtg at 99.5 and 12th in ORtg at 104.2 (17th in PPG at 96.8 and 7th in OPPG at 92.4). They are 12th in SRS.

    Joakim Noah
    6/13 from 16-23 feet. Posting career highs in ast%, usg%, points/assists/steals/blocks/fouls per 36 are all career bests. Also playing a career high in MPG at 39.8mpg


    Luol Deng
    Playing a career high in minutes at 41.0mpg (leads the league). Has a career high 56.7ts% and 52.5efg%

    Carlos Boozer
    career lows in 48.3ts% 43.9efg% and 97 ORtg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •