Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    I honestly don't care who they get to pitch this year. 2014 I care about so if it's one year or it doesn't hurt our flexibility then I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not so sure about that. If he's walking 5 BB/9, which is what his average has been over his last 280 IP, then honestly, he's not a "no brainer". He's a mediocre option on a one year deal, but he needs a lot of fixin', too.
    I think if we got him in chicago he would be dominant...granted he is a shell of himself but I think he has shown some flashes. I think he will be a far better option than what we have been running out of the 5th spot the past few seasons.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    Villanueva is more of a long reliever than a starter. I dont get the love for him over Liriano...
    It ain't youth, so I'll guess it's that he's yet to field expectations and fail (mostly because nobody expects anything of Carlos Villanueva, rightfully so).

vCash
    I guess the positive here is he hasn't lost anything stuff-wise since 2010. He has legitimate upside, don't think anyone can deny that, but I think he's probably done as an effective starter. Whether it's mechanics or mental, he needs to fix a lot. I can't complain if it's a one year deal though.
    Last edited by RedHeadsRule; 11-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    It ain't youth, so I'll guess it's that he's yet to field expectations and fail (mostly because nobody expects anything of Carlos Villanueva, rightfully so).
    So much anger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    So much anger
    To be fair, I don't think any of us would be discussing Villanueva if he hadn't been mentioned earlier in the off-season by ABTY7, and again more recently.

I also don't see it as much as love for Carlos as it is we just so happen to be connected to the guy.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 11-13-2012 at 05:37 PM.

vCash

Ill take it

Anythings better than volstad was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908ndcounting View Post
    Anythings better than volstad was
    Nice name ...welcome aboard!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234