Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    we are trying to be better so why sign these ****** pitchers
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Wacv
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    No one from this board with be waking you up. I can promise you that.

vCash
    the more i keep looking into this guy the more i dont want him...his stats are blehhh all over the place

guess hope lightning in bottle and switch to national might help him again blehhhh

vCash
    Please NO!!! He's a bum! Cant's get anybody out.....high WHIP.........high ERA........low IP. Yuck!!!!!!!! I thought we were supposed to avoid guys like that.

vCash
    I don't mind it. We have money to spend and he won't be a long term commitment. If they can get him right he can be the best guy on the staff. Admittedly it's not likely to happen, but I think he's worth taking a chance on considering where this team is at

vCash
    Not a huge fan or Liriano's. He was good years ago, but really had not done much for several years. I would rather get McCarthy, Marcum and even Villanueva than Liriano.

vCash
    Years ago is only two years ago, and it was ace level good. If he's half that as a Cubs....hell if he's 42% of that then the Cubs are probably doing alright.

vCash
    And what if he's as good as he was last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    And what if he's as good as he was last year?
    Can't be worse than Volstad, Germano, etc right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Years ago is only two years ago, and it was ace level good. If he's half that as a Cubs....hell if he's 42% of that then the Cubs are probably doing alright.
    He was good in 2010. I stand corrected. Not sure about ace level good, but I would take a year like 2010. However, this will be 2013 and he was awful the last 2 years.
    Not sure what all that other nonsense means. What is half as good as he was in 2010? And what is 42% as good.

vCash
    liriano as the 5th starter is a no brainer.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    liriano as the 5th starter is a no brainer.
    Not so sure about that. If he's walking 5 BB/9, which is what his average has been over his last 280 IP, then honestly, he's not a "no brainer". He's a mediocre option on a one year deal, but he needs a lot of fixin', too.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    He was good in 2010. I stand corrected. Not sure about ace level good, but I would take a year like 2010. However, this will be 2013 and he was awful the last 2 years.
    Not sure what all that other nonsense means. What is half as good as he was in 2010? And what is 42% as good.

42% would be 2.5 fWAR. Half would be 3 fWAR. Math isn't nonsense.

As far as the quality - it was a high K, solid BB/9, low HR/9, groundball getting season. Not CC Sabathia level, but one of the 30 best SPs (way up on that list) in baseball good. Hell, even in the last two years he's been about a 1.5 fWAR guy with DIPs numbers a half run or more better than his ERA, and he'd be coming to the best defensive infield he's played in front of since that 2010 Twins team. I would hope the FO is looking a little deeper into the basic numbers of the past two years, **** I could do that.

He's a mediocre option on a one year deal, but he needs a lot of fixin', too.
    Chris Volstad was a mediocre option. Liriano is a late 20's fixer upper who's actually had flashes of dominance. That's far more appealing to the Cubs in the position they are in.

Maybe it's just me, but aren't the Cubs supposed to be in on buy low candidates like this? If the only options are guys with ideal FanGraphs pages then this FO is just a waste of money.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    Villanueva is more of a long reliever than a starter. I dont get the love for him over Liriano...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast