Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Hey, Mizzou beat Uk. So you got that. Or at least HAD that.

Rumors have it around here that UK's going for broke on their coach. We might not be the doormat any longer.
    With the doors being opened as far as recruiting goes, moving to the SEC, I expect MIZZOU to really start doing things in another year or 2.

I'm not diehard with them as much as I am Eagles/Cubs, but I do like what their basketball team is doing.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Hey, Mizzou beat Uk. So you got that. Or at least HAD that.

Rumors have it around here that UK's going for broke on their coach. We might not be the doormat any longer.
    Andy Reid?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Andy Reid?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they call. They've supposedly already put a call into Rex Ryan, Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher if you believe the scuttlebutt around here.

None of them will actually come here, but it's nice to see them try for once.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    My opinion of you just plummeted. You're probably someone who watched the show once...it's legitimately one of the best written shows on tv, and on many different levels. It's not even similar to Franklin and bash...thinking so indicates you clearly haven't watched the show
    lol.

I watched the first season of Suits until I couldn't take it anymore. My biggest complaint with Suits was I've had too many friends refer to Suits as a "serious lawyer show"... It couldn't be closer to the truth.

For instance, one piece of crapola that comes to mind, the young hot chick on Suits was complaining because she only got a 161 on the LSAT and she was acting as if she had failed it... A 161 is still better than most people receive on the LSAT. Next, she stated that she had taken the LSAT several times... Well, what happens is after you take the LSAT (I think it's twice) is they start to accrue your score (total score gets rounded by attempts). So... logically speaking her situation made 0 sense whatsoever. In addition, as a female, so long as her GPA wasn't absolute garbage, she'd have still gotten into several top 30 law schools with a 161. At the minimum, she was almost guaranteed admission to Tier 1 law schools, regardless of her GPA, and receiving a 161 certainly wouldn't have stood in the way of her being hired by a top law firm - as she implied. Even if she had done poorly, as in worse than a 161 lol, she could have still gone to a lower tier school - finished in the top 10% of her class - and then have been capable of transferring out to an elite school.

Lastly, their attitudes towards the LSAT as if it really truly a good indication of her ability to be a lawyer were even more laughable...

The rest of the story line isn't much better. It's filled with inconsistency and impracticality.
    Last edited by Crusader; 11-12-2012 at 10:48 PM.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Nothing compares to "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo".

vCash
    Suits wants to be both Mad Men and Entourage, and it nails neither.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    I thought to myself MNF or Starship Troopers.

Couple of amazing lines into the movie and I knew which route I was taking.
    Ricos rough riders!
    Plus...dude....NPH. I'm a big NPH fan.
    Who isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Nothing compares to "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo".
    You're a moron

vCash
    Starship Troopers is a classic. I snuck into the theatre to see it when it came out and saw a good chunk before an usher showed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    lol.

I watched the first season of Suits until I couldn't take it anymore. My biggest complaint with Suits was I've had too many friends refer to Suits as a "serious lawyer show"... It couldn't be closer to the truth.

For instance, one piece of crapola that comes to mind, the young hot chick on Suits was complaining because she only got a 161 on the LSAT and she was acting as if she had failed it... A 161 is still better than most people receive on the LSAT. Next, she stated that she had taken the LSAT several times... Well, what happens is after you take the LSAT (I think it's twice) is they start to accrue your score (total score gets rounded by attempts). So... logically speaking her situation made 0 sense whatsoever. In addition, as a female, so long as her GPA wasn't absolute garbage, she'd have still gotten into several top 30 law schools with a 161. At the minimum, she was almost guaranteed admission to Tier 1 law schools, regardless of her GPA, and receiving a 161 certainly wouldn't have stood in the way of her being hired by a top law firm - as she implied. Even if she had done poorly, as in worse than a 161 lol, she could have still gone to a lower tier school - finished in the top 10% of her class - and then have been capable of transferring out to an elite school.

Lastly, their attitudes towards the LSAT as if it really truly a good indication of her ability to be a lawyer were even more laughable...

The rest of the story line isn't much better. It's filled with inconsistency and impracticality.
    Sorry a mistake about the LSAT (which to anybody that isn't a lawyer makes no difference) isn't enough to make a great show bad.

Its not so much about the law, that it is about Mike Ross and Harvey Specter being complete bosses. Its a fun show and easily the best show on right now outside of Breaking Bad (even though this past BB season was bad compared to the usual standards).

Although if Last Resort keeps bringing it and doesn't get cancelled then its up there along with Homeland.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    lol.

I thought she wanted to get into Harvard?

Also, I think they stopped always taking the average

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/...le-LSAT-scores
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I don't think the person said it was bad, merely unrealistic

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Neither show is awesome but at they end of the day they're both entertaining. Suits > Franklin and bash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Sorry a mistake about the LSAT (which to anybody that isn't a lawyer makes no difference) isn't enough to make a great show bad.

Its not so much about the law, that it is about Mike Ross and Harvey Specter being complete bosses. Its a fun show and easily the best show on right now outside of Breaking Bad (even though this past BB season was bad compared to the usual standards).

Although if Last Resort keeps bringing it and doesn't get cancelled then its up there along with Homeland.

As for Last Resort--worth watching? Putting it up with Homeland is bold, so I'm definitely intrigued
    Last edited by cubsbullsbears2; 11-13-2012 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    I had a dream that I met Darwin Barney in a rural Kansas ice cream store. Billy Butler was sitting on a nearby stool and eating a sundae. Then I went to see Jed Hoyer give a PowerPoint presentation. Hoyer made Dan Vogelbach vacuum the infield because he wouldn't stop talking. Cubs prospects then had to present their science fair experiments.

Jennifer Love Hewitt also bought me a dinner of macaroni and cheese and braised short ribs after I rescued her and a golden retriever puppy from a runaway paddle boat.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    That is a vivid dream
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast