Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cigars and lotto tickets are on me today boys.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Cigars and lotto tickets are on me today boys.
    Child please.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I'll take a cigar

vCash
    I'll take a male companion.

vCash
    So all of this time I've thought Elisabeth Hasselbeck was with the other Hasselbeck brother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    I'll take a cigar
    You deserve one. Nice work picking up the black hottie! Very proud!

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

vCash
    Hey Guys, need some help here.

I have just been notified that I have the opportunity to get season tickets this year for the first time and I know some people on here have been through this process before, so I figured I would ask a couple of questions.

They say they cannot guarantee tickets will be available when my appointment takes place on Jan 13- anyone know how likely it is there will be tickets available?

Any suggestion whether to get bleacher seats vs reserved seats? I live out of state, so would probably be selling a large portion for the first few years, do one of those typically sell better than others?

I remember reading how the Cubs were one of a few teams that weren’t agreeing to some new Stubhub arrangement, how does that affect the reselling of tickets- does it change the difficulty, ability to get a decent price?

Thanks for the help in advance everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    You saw it here first
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q9...layer_embedded

I'm sure it'll hit a million views by the weekend
    Well...it's up to 5 million views in less than 24 hours. It had 311 views when I found it.

And...it is a fake video

vCash
    croce, answer the man's question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    croce, answer the man's question
    I didn't even see it.
    I will read..now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Hey Guys, need some help here.

I have just been notified that I have the opportunity to get season tickets this year for the first time and I know some people on here have been through this process before, so I figured I would ask a couple of questions.

They say they cannot guarantee tickets will be available when my appointment takes place on Jan 13- anyone know how likely it is there will be tickets available?

Any suggestion whether to get bleacher seats vs reserved seats? I live out of state, so would probably be selling a large portion for the first few years, do one of those typically sell better than others?

I remember reading how the Cubs were one of a few teams that weren’t agreeing to some new Stubhub arrangement, how does that affect the reselling of tickets- does it change the difficulty, ability to get a decent price?

Thanks for the help in advance everyone.
    If you plan on selling nearly all the games, make sure you understand you WILL lose upwards of $500-$1000. Think of it as an investment. There's absolutely no way to break even this year. However, consider yourself lucky you didn't get selected last year!

There will be tickets available for you. However, it might not be in sections that you like. I upgraded my seats this year (just did it like 2 weeks ago) and there were a lot of seats remaining in the lower 200 level. A. Lot. I was in the last group that had the opportunity to change their seats.

Here is an example. Here is the view from my seats. You will see seats with pieces of paper taped to it. These are the seats available:

The best value for your money are the infield 500 level seats(even outfield isn't terrible). They are obviously the least expensive, so it's tough to lose TOO much. Last year, the only seats available to me were the 400 level or bleachers. The 400 level have the worst resale value out there. They are very expensive and don't sell at all. So whatever you do, do NOT take those.
    If you have the opportunity to grab 500 level, I would be all over that. Next, if you can get the 200 level, I would grab those next. Don't buy terrace box seats though. Awesome seats, but not worth the money. They are expensive.
    Finally, bleachers is another option. If you have the option to get a nights/weekends package, definitely jump all over it. (for infield seats or bleachers). That way you don't have to worry about the 1:20 games in April/May/August/September. Those will be nearly free this season.

So in order, this is what I would grab if I was doing it all over again:
    1) 500 level infield
    2) 500 level outfield
    3) 200 level infield/outfield (not box seats)
    4) bleachers

Get the nights and weekends package if it's offered.

But keep in mind, you're going to lose on nearly every game this year. Make sure you sell your tickets at LEAST 3 weeks before the game date. Sooner if you can. The longer you wait to sell, the less money you'll get.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

vCash
    Also, here are the ticket prices (includes the 12% taxes). Buying 1 season ticket is pointless. You will lose probably 70% of what you pay. So you have to buy 2. Odd numbers are terrible, so don't buy 3. 2 or 4 is what I suggest. Here are the prices per ticket:

2013 Full Season Ticket Prices - 81 games

Terrace Box Infield - $4,814.88
    Terrace Box outfield -$3,856.16
    Upper Deck Box Infield - $4,757.76
    Upper Deck Box Outfield - $3,416.00
    Terrace Reserved Infield - $2,914.24
    Terrace Reserved Outfield - $2,437.12
    Upper Deck Reserved Infield - $1,841.28
    Upper Deck Reserved Outfield - $1,631.84
    Bleachers - $3,075.52

2013 Nights/Weekends Ticket Prices - 57 games

Terrace Box Infield - $3,371.20
    Terrace Box Outfield- $2,696.96
    Upper Deck Box Infield - $3,328.64
    Upper Deck Box Outfield - $2,388.96
    Terrace Reserved Infield - $2,045.12
    Terrace Reserved Outfield - $1,705.76
    Upper Deck Reserved Infield - $1,291.36
    Upper Deck Reserved Outfield - $1,144.64
    Bleachers - $2,138.08

You will have to pay 10% when you pick your seats. Then the remainder will be due likely by February.

vCash
    Thank you- a million times over.

Understood- that has been my understanding all along.

I hover a little on the game day boards, and I believe you sell your tickets on StubHub which is what I have used many times in the past. Is this the best way or do you use the Cubs provided reselling site?

I do have availability for the Combo Plan- however only for the bleachers. Would you suggested the Combo Plan in Bleachers over the 500’s or 200’s? For the full season?

Thanks again for your help Croce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Thank you- a million times over.

Understood- that has been my understanding all along.

I hover a little on the game day boards, and I believe you sell your tickets on StubHub which is what I have used many times in the past. Is this the best way or do you use the Cubs provided reselling site?

I do have availability for the Combo Plan- however only for the bleachers. Would you suggested the Combo Plan in Bleachers over the 500’s or 200’s? For the full season?

Thanks again for your help Croce
    I lost $600 on my combo bleachers last year. However, as a season ticket holder, you get access to presales for concerts at Wrigley. So I recovered about $400 of that on profits I made from the concerts. (no idea if they have any great concerts lined up next year or not)

If the option is combo bleachers or full season seats....that's a tough one.
    Take a look at the prices.
    Combo Bleachers - $4,276 for a pair
    Full season 500 outfield - $3,263(pair)
    Full season 500 infield - $3,682(pair)
    Full season 200 outfield - $4,874(pair)
    Full season 200 infield - $5,828(pair)

Average ticket cost per game:
    Combo Bleachers - $37
    Full season 500 infield - $22
    Full season 500 outfield - $20
    Full season 200 infield - $35
    Full season 200 outfield - $30

When you look at the prices, I would do this:
    1) 500 level infield - Full Season
    2) 500 level outfield - Full Season
    3) Combo Bleachers - 57 games
    4) 200 level outfield - Full Season
    5) 200 level infield - Full Season

Keep in mind with the bleachers, you get early access to your seats. So you are guaranteed front row everytime (if you take advantage of the early access). However, when you sell on Stubhub, your season ticket bleachers turn into general admission. So when you sell on stubhub, your bleachers tickets are just like everyone else.

If you sell on eBay and mail the tickets to the buyer, you can emphasize that you get access to your seats 15 minutes before the public, so you can secure front row. That pushes the resale value up a bit. (Think about it...would you pay a few more bucks to get front row? absolutely).

Stubhub and the Cubs aren't affiliated with each other as I type. However, you can still sell Cubs tickets on Stubhub. Only difference is that you will mail your tickets to the buyer instead of emailing them the tickets. The Cubs are expected to launch their own "resale" service for season ticket holders.

There are plenty of ways to sell your tickets. Stubhub is the most popular, but eBay is another option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    I lost $600 on my combo bleachers last year. However, as a season ticket holder, you get access to presales for concerts at Wrigley. So I recovered about $400 of that on profits I made from the concerts. (no idea if they have any great concerts lined up next year or not)

If the option is combo bleachers or full season seats....that's a tough one.
    Take a look at the prices.
    Combo Bleachers - $4,276 for a pair
    Full season 500 outfield - $3,263(pair)
    Full season 500 infield - $3,682(pair)
    Full season 200 outfield - $4,874(pair)
    Full season 200 infield - $5,828(pair)

Average ticket cost per game:
    Combo Bleachers - $37
    Full season 500 infield - $22
    Full season 500 outfield - $20
    Full season 200 infield - $35
    Full season 200 outfield - $30

When you look at the prices, I would do this:
    1) 500 level infield - Full Season
    2) 500 level outfield - Full Season
    3) Combo Bleachers - 57 games
    4) 200 level outfield - Full Season
    5) 200 level infield - Full Season

Keep in mind with the bleachers, you get early access to your seats. So you are guaranteed front row everytime (if you take advantage of the early access). However, when you sell on Stubhub, your season ticket bleachers turn into general admission. So when you sell on stubhub, your bleachers tickets are just like everyone else.

If you sell on eBay and mail the tickets to the buyer, you can emphasize that you get access to your seats 15 minutes before the public, so you can secure front row. That pushes the resale value up a bit. (Think about it...would you pay a few more bucks to get front row? absolutely).

Stubhub and the Cubs aren't affiliated with each other as I type. However, you can still sell Cubs tickets on Stubhub. Only difference is that you will mail your tickets to the buyer instead of emailing them the tickets. The Cubs are expected to launch their own "resale" service for season ticket holders.

There are plenty of ways to sell your tickets. Stubhub is the most popular, but eBay is another option.
    Excellent, thanks again. I may have some more questions as we get closer.

You know Croce, regardless of what everyone else says, you aren't that much of a douchebag...

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast