Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Saute some bacon on the saute pan, cook till mostly done. When done, set them aside. You'll need them again later. Re-using the bacon fat, using it as oil, saute some onions, garlic, carrot's and peeled quartered golden potatoes.(medium bag of potatoes) Leave them on the go.

In the meantime, start making a bechamel sauce. Add in cubed cheddar cheese and stir continuously. Don't let the sauce burn, so don't blast the heat. By making a cheese sauce instead of actually just poring cheese in does two things. It acts as a thickening agent and two ensures even cheese distribution without lumps.

Back to the veggie mixture cooking away. When boiling, add in a bottle of beer!!! I used 312. Also add in some chicken broth. About a can or box. Make sure its low sodium broth. Also add in lemon and orange juice. Fresh juice please. Keep it cooking until it boils again.

When it boils and everything is almost fork tender, add in the cheese sauce and two small tomatoes. Then let it cook until completely fork tender. The soup mixture should be a tad thicker now. Right before its done, re-add that bacon. Using a food processor, just puree everything up. Leave it a bit chunky.

Before I forget, salt and pepper everything throughout the process. You can also add in some spicy ****. Use corn as a garnish.

My own recipe, from the dome.
    Last edited by Diehdcubsfan2; 12-17-2012 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    Hope you all enjoy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehdcubsfan2 View Post
    Like for real? Ya'll won't make fun of me.
    Not from me, I love cooking. I have a great spicy fried chicken recipe floating around here with northsider, that ***** probably still hasn't cooked it.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not from me, I love cooking. I have a great spicy fried chicken recipe floating around here with northsider, that ***** probably still hasn't cooked it.
    Cooking is da **** yo. Recipe posted a few posts up.

vCash
    That sound amazing!!!!
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Thanks, I'm still so full right now. The gym tomorrow should be a struggle.

vCash
    I want spicy fried chicken recipe. Cooking is the **** and for whatever reason girls have noooooo clue how to do it anymore.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    I've never been the best at frying food. Like I know exactly how to do it, but I still always mess up.

vCash
    Northsider, post it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehdcubsfan2 View Post
    I've never been the best at frying food. Like I know exactly how to do it, but I still always mess up.
    Same here for a dumb reason. Apparently I never use enough oil.

vCash
    I think I crowd the pan.

vCash
    Can't find it Dawk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Can't find it Dawk.
    You are sooooooo ****ing dead to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You are sooooooo ****ing dead to me.
    Tag team partner always has your back. Always.

Brother BDawk's Spicy Fried Chicken:

Ingredients:

Buttermilk Marinade:
    2 cup(s) buttermilk
    1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon(s) salt
    1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
    1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper

Fried Chicken:
    1 (3 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
    2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
    1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
    1/2 cup Magic Dust
    5 cup(s) vegetable shortening

Directions:

Marinate chicken in Frank's hot sauce for 6-8 hours in a gallon-sized sealed plastic bag, and then transfer to buttermilk marinade.

Buttermilk Marinade: In a gallon-sized sealed plastic bag or a large bowl with a tight-fitting lid, combine the buttermilk, mustard, salt, dry mustard, cayenne, and black pepper. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate overnight.

Frying the chicken: Whisk together flour, baking powder, dry garlic, and salt. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat thickly. Let the chicken stand 10 minutes, turning occasionally to re-coat with flour. Shake off excess flour before frying.

In a cast iron skillet (the only real way to do it), heat the vegetable shortening over medium-high heat, bringing it to 375 degrees F. In batches of four, fry the chicken pieces, turning once when the coating is sealed and begins to brown -- 3 to 4 minutes. At this point, sprinkle on a good coat of Magic Dust before finishing with the frying. The Magic Dust will absorb into the crust giving it a nice smoky hot flavoring.

Reduce the heat to medium to lower the temperature to 325 degrees F. Maintain temperature and continue to fry, turning the pieces halfway through cooking time until chicken is golden brown and cooked through -- about 20 more minutes.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Tag team partner always has your back. Always.

Brother BDawk's Spicy Fried Chicken:

Ingredients:

Buttermilk Marinade:
    2 cup(s) buttermilk
    1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon(s) salt
    1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
    1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper

Fried Chicken:
    1 (3 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
    2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
    1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
    1/2 cup Magic Dust
    5 cup(s) vegetable shortening

Directions:

Marinate chicken in Frank's hot sauce for 6-8 hours in a gallon-sized sealed plastic bag, and then transfer to buttermilk marinade.

Buttermilk Marinade: In a gallon-sized sealed plastic bag or a large bowl with a tight-fitting lid, combine the buttermilk, mustard, salt, dry mustard, cayenne, and black pepper. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate overnight.

Frying the chicken: Whisk together flour, baking powder, dry garlic, and salt. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat thickly. Let the chicken stand 10 minutes, turning occasionally to re-coat with flour. Shake off excess flour before frying.

In a cast iron skillet (the only real way to do it), heat the vegetable shortening over medium-high heat, bringing it to 375 degrees F. In batches of four, fry the chicken pieces, turning once when the coating is sealed and begins to brown -- 3 to 4 minutes. At this point, sprinkle on a good coat of Magic Dust before finishing with the frying. The Magic Dust will absorb into the crust giving it a nice smoky hot flavoring.

Reduce the heat to medium to lower the temperature to 325 degrees F. Maintain temperature and continue to fry, turning the pieces halfway through cooking time until chicken is golden brown and cooked through -- about 20 more minutes.
    I heart you.

Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast