Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Aren't the Flyers still decent? Serious question btw. I know there's no hockey atm, but I thought they still had a decent team

Also I think after yesterday I'm at least open to the idea of a playoff for CFB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Aren't the Flyers still decent? Serious question btw
    Really good, in fact.

But the NHL lockout has totally ruined that. My only hope....squashed because the owners and the players are both too greedy to sit down and just ****ing make a simple compromise. So I'm stuck with the 2nd to worst MLB team, a 3-6 football team, and a 2-9 college football team.

Wheeeeeeeee!

I forgot what it was like to care about sports
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    This whole "big 10 doesn't ever compete" is bogus. Ohio State has the most BCS bowl appearances and wins of any team in college football. Yes, the SEC wins the championship very frequently, but i know that my school does compete at a high level every season.
    One school. Automatic berths. I was talking about the conference as whole anyway. OSU is for the most part legit, the others...
    Because Boise has been good for 5-6 years now, does that make the rest of the teams in their conference-whateverthehell conference they're in-good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    This whole "big 10 doesn't ever compete" is bogus. Ohio State has the most BCS bowl appearances and wins of any team in college football. Yes, the SEC wins the championship very frequently, but i know that my school does compete at a high level every season.
    One school. Automatic berths. I was talking about the conference as whole anyway. OSU is for the most part legit, the others...
    Because Boise has been good for 5-6 years now, does that make the rest of the teams in their conference-whateverthehell conference they're in-good?
    Yes, I tend to agree. But Michigan has 5 appearances and 2 wins; Wisconsin 4 appearances and 2 wins; Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska both with 2 appearances and a win each. I just think its written off too harshly without looking at the actual performance history. It's not nearly as bad as you're thinking. Most BCS appearances of any conference and a respectable (definitely not great like SEC) .480 win percentage..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Aren't the Flyers still decent? Serious question btw
    Really good, in fact.

But the NHL lockout has totally ruined that. My only hope....squashed because the owners and the players are both too greedy to sit down and just ****ing make a simple compromise. So I'm stuck with the 2nd to worst MLB team, a 3-6 football team, and a 2-9 college football team.

Wheeeeeeeee!

At this point I'm primarily blaming the players. They had by far the most lucrative labor deal of any of the four major sports and were spoiled by it

vCash
    Really good, in fact.

Wheeeeeeeee!

I got the Bears and that's pretty much it for me to look forward to after yesterday unless a lot of things go right, which rarely do. You have Kentucky basketball so there's that. Plus you can just be an SEC fan when they find their way into the title game again

vCash
    Yes, I tend to agree. But Michigan has 5 appearances and 2 wins; Wisconsin 4 appearances and 2 wins; Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska both with 2 appearances and a win each. I just think its written off too harshly without looking at the actual performance history. It's not nearly as bad as you're thinking. Most BCS appearances of any conference and a respectable (definitely not great like SEC) .480 win percentage..
    During Tressel's tenure, the Big Ten was almost exactly what the Pac10 was when Pete Carrol was at USC. One power, a couple pretenders that were supposed to give the powerhouse a run for their money but almost never did, and once in a while an upset. But in the end, everybody knew who the best was year in and year out.
    With Urban Meyer in place, it is going to the same way, except the gap will be even bigger.

vCash
    I got the Bears and that's pretty much it for me to look forward to after yesterday unless a lot of things go right, which rarely do. You have Kentucky basketball so there's that. Plus you can just be an SEC fan when they find their way into the title game again
    I'll be honest: basketball is nice and all but it doesn't really do it for me. I'm more a fan by proxy of everyone else, and not so much because I really love the sport.

Also we just lost to Duke, I really don't think our team is that great this year.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Nah, we couldn't beat ****ing Western Kentucky. Literally. We lost to Western Kentucky.

And yeah, Eagles suck. Blech. All of my teams suck. 2008 was fun. They were all good. Now...they all suck again.
    I still love you

vCash
    Have I mentioned that Mark Sanchez is an absolutely garbage QB? He's an absolutely garbage QB. The guy just stinks.

vCash
    I take it you're a Jets fan? I don't know very much about football, but why don't they just let Tebow start? I don't think he's very good either, but if they don't have anyone that can catch or run the ball anyway..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    I take it you're a Jets fan? I don't know very much about football, but why don't they just let Tebow start? I don't think he's very good either, but if they don't have anyone that can catch or run the ball anyway..
    It would just be worse.

The team has passable talent to the extent that even average QB play has this team amongst the best in the AFC, but they just can't get anything out of the QBs.

Sanchez just scored the team's first offensive touchdown in multiple weeks or something...It's just not a good situation.

I wouldn't mind Tebow throwing a pass or two.

vCash
    You know what's infuriating? How CBS blatantly ripped off Sherlock and changed a thing or two (a female Watson) to make it seems like they didn't. Their Holmes show is a f'n embarrassment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    It would just be worse.

The team has passable talent to the extent that even average QB play has this team amongst the best in the AFC, but they just can't get anything out of the QBs.

Sanchez just scored the team's first offensive touchdown in multiple weeks or something...It's just not a good situation.

I wouldn't mind Tebow throwing a pass or two.
    you must be high...as per usual

vCash
    The AFC sucks. Pittsburgh's down, the Ravens D is down, the Pats are still just Brady and Wilfork. It's really not out of the realm of possibility...Flacco is maaaaaaaybe a slightly above average QB but the Ravens are 7-2 with him despite their worst defense in years.

Houston's the only standout in the conference, after that it's a pretty crummy field. Sanchez just drags so many numbers down. Time of possession, offensive and defensive field position, points scored, points allowed (the Pick 6 Kiiiieed), turnover ratio...He's the worst.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast