Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    But, I had to love the game.

Jrue/Evan obviously were the obvious standouts. Dorell was invaluable too.
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuss View Post
    Our team has been struggling with shooting, but if anything I wouldn't use the words scary to describe any of the quarters tbh...

I mean..we won the 1st quarter 23-20

against the celtics, at boston, without bynum

Did u see the frist 8 minutes of the game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Did u see the frist 8 minutes of the game?
    Yeah but did you see the last 40?

Every team has bad stretches in a game. Be cool.

vCash
    Great win.

Everything that has been complained about was solved tonight. Particularly from ET as he and jrue turned in a strong performance.

Evan was 2-2 behind the 3pt line and got 7 FT attempts. Would love to see him at least getting to the line, the 3pt shots are a bonus. Seeing ET play like this from now on would be the best christmas present (2-2 from 3!!). 11 boards to go along with his 21 pts ain't bad at all.

Jrue with another 7 TO game, but he filled out the stat sheet in other ways. 14 ast, 2 blocks and steals, along with 6 FTs. 25 pt performance and he just seems like such a playmaker.

Dorrel, Thad, and Young also chipped in with good to okay games. Hopefully this starts a positive trend for the offense.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-10-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Jrue had a good game.. One thing I noticed is after he hit that one three in the corner (if anyone remembers) he started trying way to hard to score instead of just running the offense. He started missing bad shots and had a couple turnovers.. Almost let the Celtics get back into it.. usually Jrue is pretty under control so that surprised me.

Evan also had a decent game. After the first 4 games and a full preseason I bashed Evan because it seemed like he hadn't improved on anything at all in the offseason.. but after this game I am starting to think the 3 ball is going to be a part of his game.. which is good b/c a lot of the sets we run involve him sitting in the corner. If he can stay in his role and knock down some 3s + play some D I think he could finally be an efficient player.

vCash
    I think everyone understood that Jrue as the primary ball-handler would mean that TO's would increase. Obviously everyone would like to see them cut down some, considering in five games he's averaging a Russell Westbrook-like 5.4 per contest, but I can't be the only person astounded at how much of a better straight-forward passer he's become.

Look at his game log from last year. We know his AST per game numbers dipped from the 2010-11 season, but the reality of it was worse. He only had ONE GAME with double-digit assist totals, including the 13 games in the postseason.

He's now averaging 10.4 AST per game, which is more than double from last year. Comparatively, these are the net differences so far:

FG% (+) .026, PPG (+) 5.5, 3P%, (+) .029, AST (+) 5.9, TO (+) 3.3

Assuming those added TO's contribute to the other team's PPG, one could assume that teams are earning (roughly) between 6-9 extra points from the TO's. That is assuming that they're converting at more than 50% of the time off of those TO's.

He's still adding 5.5 points on his own, not including all the FG's he's creating from his passing, which is (roughly, again, this s**t isn't exact) 10-15 more points.

The point is, yes decreasing those TO's would be desirable, but Jrue is playing on a level we haven't ever seen him play.
    Last edited by Korman12; 11-10-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Union

vCash
    Also can someone tell me why Paul Pierce is still allowed to flop???

vCash
    Added caveat: Right now, Jrue is third in the league in AST per game behind Rondo and Paul.
    Union

vCash
    Evan please try to remain consistent...please erase my doubts...good game by both Jrue & Evan...if this duo can find a away to gel consistently...with the addition of healthy Bynum..we could make some noise....but I'm not overly optimistic...lets see...BIG WIN
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    ^^ Same

From what I said earlier, I'm pretty confident in Jrue - that's a given. But I'll just be optimistic about Evan and nothing more until he becomes consistent.

He was mediocre in the preseason, and just plain bad in the first three games. I would say he was just decent in the NOH game because, well, everyone looked like crap. So tonight was his first real good game in a long time.
    Union

vCash
    Sadly, I don't believe we are going to see an ideal amount of consistency from ET yet. A lot of his points early in each of these past two games came on the slow break against bad defense. That won't always be there for him. In the half court, the players and coach both still seem to be figuring out what ET is. And ET is struggling to be what Collins wants. These last two games have provided some hope for the future, though.

His shooting motion from the rookie season from the corner has returned. I don't know if it was an accident or intentional. But he started to show as the rookie season went on the ability to hit that corner 3 with this stroke. I want to see him attempting 2 of them per game. I'd much rather see him shoot that than the a long 2.

I have only watched 3 quarters thus far. But in a true half court set, ET has had only one 1-oon-1 opp in the game early in the shot clock. And it was a post up on the longer, stronger Pierce. That post up was doomed to failure. So, while ET hasn't figured it all out yet, neither has Collins.

Edit: ET had a 2nd 1 on 1 opp early in the clock. But it was only due to a switch where he was being defended by Bass on the perimeter. He drove and was fouled.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-10-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    My observations:

* DC actually did a terrific job of rotating players in and out of the game - he kept the players fresh and boston couldn't adjust with fresh legs as much...when KG came out of the game, they had nothing in the middle - hopefully this helps with tonight's game in the 2nd of a back-to-back

* I loved that ET had a few stretches where he played terrific...but, his 0-4 just made me think "my God, now ricky is going to have ammo"; once they got ET in the flow, then he did what he should, rebound,defend and score a little...of course, the 3rd quarter was NOT a good one for him, and then he came back in the 4th with a good run....consistency Evan, that's all we ask

* I may have imagined it, but it seemed like they tried to get to the basket a little more in this game that in recent memory; not enough, mind you, but a little more...the Celtics got some blocks in there, but at least they were trying to get in there

* Wright was very good; when he was under control, he played very well...but, it seemed like there were times where he got a little excited and tried to do too much

* oh my GOD did the Celtics get WAY too many calls in this game? That 5th foul on Hawes was enfuriating...it just seemed to me that they got EVERY home town call - were the refs trying to get Boston back in the game????

* once the team got the lead, every time that Boston made a run,the Sixers followed that with one of their own to maintain the lead - we would have lost this game in season's past....

vCash
    Boston got away with at least two would-be and-1s - Thad's finger roll on the break and a dorell wright drive.

The way jrue just produced buckets was great. I think the late turnovers, after Boston turned it up, were a product of good defense, situations he'll learn from.

Thad looks different...in a good way. He had a lot of nice takes.

I thought Moultrie looked like he belonged. I think he earned himself a regular 5 minute run a night, while Bynum and Brown are out.

Evan looked great. I think this is the Evan we are going to have to get used to. He'll have some big scoring nights but don't get used to them. He'll rebound always. He's going to get you iguodala type numbers. So long as he stays out of his own way, he'll help you win. He stepped up.

Hope we can get that from Young and Wright most nights

I agree that they did seem to be getting to the rim more.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Game 5 (11-9-12): Sixers (2-2) @ Celtics (2-2)

Thad has been mr consistency for us.

Looks like the size hasnt had any negative effects... Still hasnt played 1 second at the 3 yet this season.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789