Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Wasn't Reagan discussing amnesty back in the mid 1980s?

What they need to do is drop the social conservatism douchebaggery that has paugued them for the last 20 years. I think the party would at least get me back if they basically did the opposite of everythiung W did- treat the amercan taxpayer dollar as a precious resource, and not spend it on something that doesn't fulfill a critical need, or help an american citizen that can't, for whatever reason, help themselves. Get back to a "live and let live" mentality, where preaching morality could be reerved for the pulpit, and get it the **** out of government. That way, they can actually, honestly tell any american that they are welcome in the party with a straight face- no pun intended.

Until the GOP learns to actually place the idea of individual liberty over their own individual socially conservative principles, they will continue to struggle.
    Reagan didn't just discuss it he did it.

I wonder if this could lead to a three party system... With the social conservatives and libertarians caucusing on finicial issues, and libertarians and dems caucusing on social issues? But that split would lead. To a Dem president.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Over the weekend, Lindsey Graham made a comment that made me chuckle. He said, it is one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, it is another to reload and fire again. The practical politic side of the GOP recognizes that there are changes that have to occur, the ideologue side (from different areas, be it tax, social issues, immigration) have a different point of view. This looks so much to me like the Democratic Party looked like in the 70's (the fracturing and parochial views) that it is scary.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Well that does it, the debate is settled. The guy with the "buy silver" admonition has some weblinks about how libertarianism is good and popular.
    Childish insults... the refuge of people who have nothing left to argue.

Facts:
    -Ron Paul's primary numbers in 5 key states outweighed Romney's loss margin
    -Ron Paul's pac got almost 10X more people elected then Rove did with not even a fraction of the money.
    -Libertarian Republicans attract voters the mainsteam GOP doesn't have
    -The GOP Elite haven't won anything in 8 years

You want to try to refute any of that or do you and flips just want to keep circle jerking about how wrong all of that is without backing any of it up?
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post

Facts:
    -Ron Paul's pac got almost 10X more people elected then Rove did with not even a fraction of the money.

You want to try to refute any of that or do you and flips just want to keep circle jerking about how wrong all of that is without backing any of it up?
    First, looking forward, Ron Paul (the individual) is not the issue. He would be 81 at the Presidential cycle, which in my opinion, in and of itself, would make him unelectable. Not that I think that age should do that, I am just writing my opinion about it.

Second, self described Libertarians, are not a monolith in social views. For example, I know pro choice and pro life self described Libertarians and apply the function of law, based on their position. I am in no way arguing what the views should be, just what I have seen.

Third, all of that said, this might be the libertarians (small l on purpose) chance to take a meaningful position in the Republican party and take a position in mainstream politics.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post

Facts:

circle jerking is fun... You should try it.

If you think Paul would have won this election it's fine for you to think that... But it's all made up regardless, us saying he wouldn't have you saying he would have. It's all conjecture... Fact is Paul couldn't win a majority of republicans. End. Fineeeeto. Sayonara. You think he or Rand Paul can next time. Support them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Over the weekend, Lindsey Graham made a comment that made me chuckle. He said, it is one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, it is another to reload and fire again. The practical politic side of the GOP recognizes that there are changes that have to occur, the ideologue side (from different areas, be it tax, social issues, immigration) have a different point of view. This looks so much to me like the Democratic Party looked like in the 70's (the fracturing and parochial views) that it is scary.
    And again, and again.

vCash
    . . . This looks so much to me like the Democratic Party looked like in the 70's (the fracturing and parochial views) that it is scary.
    Being another old guy, in my case a democrat at the time, scary is not the word I would use. more like amusing in a schadenfreude [think that's the word] kind of way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Being another old guy, in my case a democrat at the time, scary is not the word I would use. more like amusing in a schadenfreude [think that's the word] kind of way.
    That would be a proper use of the word. That said, I think I am the older guy.

vCash
    That would be a proper use of the word. That said, I think I am the older guy.
    I think you are, but there aren't many of us that actually remember the cluster that was the Democratic Party during the end of the Viet Nam War. The GOP can take consolation from that at least. No matter how they mess things up right now, they have an example to prove that even really big messes can be fixed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123