Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Two year deal for Dickey?

But it may not be as bleak as it sounds. The presumptive Cy Young Award favorite is “actively engaged in talks” with the Mets, according to the New York Daily News.

The team could strike an agreement “by offering two years and significantly fewer dollars” than the three-year, $36 million deal signed by Oliver Perez, thought by many to be the barometer in talks with Dickey, the Daily News reported.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/...a-possibility/

Full disclaimer, this media report could be as FoS as FoC is at times and the value of this report is roughly that of a small piece of toilet paper that would be used to wipe our collective butts, metaphorically speaking of course.

But the idea that the Mets are going to offer Robert Allen less money than what they paid Oliver Twist just sticks in the craw of the Bishop.

Sticks in the craw.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Mets Blog is saying there are 3 different reports out there. Also I don't think the Mets are really releasing any info on contract talks with Wright or Dickey.

vCash
    If he comes back for less than 3/36, I wouldn't mind keeping him.

But if not, we really need to deal him.

vCash
    3 -36 for me would be fair for Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Fair, sure, but he might be able to command more on the open market. It's a roll of the dice by both parties but 3/36 is a fair extension.

If the Mets fail to extend him and he comes close to repeating his 2012 numbers, 3/36 will be a bargain.

On the other hand, if he relapses (not likely in the Bishop's opinion, but speaking purely hypothetically) he'll be fortunate to get half that for 2014 and beyond.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

Agree.. tear up 2013 and give him 3 for 36.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I know old guy, not going to debate it with anyone. That said, tear up 2013 and give him 3 years for 36 mill. He'll out pitch the other starters and help rest the bullpen. So he's pulling double duty. Also in a pinch we can short rest him. That's gotta be worth something. Oh.. not a bad hitter either!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Sign the man
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Sign the man
    You know how I feel about the Mets needing to spend like a big market team instead of acting like the A's, but lets face it with these owners, they are the A's, so is time the GM do what that GM does. Is time he trades a vet who can bring back 3 pieces that could help this team win in the future.

Wright is in the same boat, but he is unique because of who he is.

vCash
    Yep agreed. I would love to live in a fantasy world with ****ing unicorns and rainbows where we have perfect owners willing to empty their pockets into the team, but we don't. It's time to live in the real world and make the right decisions. Keeping Dickey imo in our situation isn't right.

vCash

Two year deal for Dickey?

Ugh

Depressing but you guys are right.

Just show me a winner. They've taken everything else away.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yep agreed. I would love to live in a fantasy world with ****ing unicorns and rainbows where we have perfect owners willing to empty their pockets into the team, but we don't. It's time to live in the real world and make the right decisions. Keeping Dickey imo in our situation isn't right.
    Again, if you can't pay the Robert Allens of the world to play for you, who then are you paying?

Letting him go would be an example of being penny wise and pound foolish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Again, if you can't pay the Robert Allens of the world to play for you, who then are you paying?

Younger players in 2014 and beyond. Win-now is not an option, only a luxury unfortunately.

We need to accumulate young quality pieces to form our new core. Our old core(Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Delgado) is 3/4 gone. Time to make another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

^^^ Winner. Trading Dickey is foolish period. If you can't keep guys like him you might as well just fold up shop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    ^^^ Winner. Trading Dickey is foolish period. If you can't keep guys like him you might as well just fold up shop.
    You need to post again lol.

It's foolish under normal, win-now circumstances. Otherwise, no it's not foolish.

vCash
    It's foolish under any circumstances.

If you can't keep a guy like Dickey, you might as well fold up, sell the team, and rent Citifield out to Barnum & Bailey.

A 74 win team in the MLB is NEVER more than one offseason away from becoming a 90+ win playoff contender. Trading Dickey for future prospects would be the height of stupidity and the team would deserve <10,000 attendence for every game in 2013. I'm just glad you're not GM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast