Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    For all of Ike's power, and his prolific 2nd half. It didn't translate into wins.
    Meaning, Ike is no Delgado.
    Well Wright and Thole tanked in the second half. They also lost Baxters production and the league adjusted to Kirk and he failed. Would have been nice to see What the Mets could have done with Ike and Wright hot at the same time.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Well Wright and Thole tanked in the second half. They also lost Baxters production and the league adjusted to Kirk and he failed. Would have been nice to see What the Mets could have done with Ike and Wright hot at the same time.
    They won in spite of Ike's struggles in the 1st half.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    They won in spite of Ike's struggles in the 1st half.
    Are you saying you expected Davis's 2nd half to equal Wright's forst half? Because that is not fair
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Are you saying you expected Davis's 2nd half to equal Wright's forst half? Because that is not fair
    No, not at all, just saying he can't carry a team right now.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    When wright carried the team though Thole was hitting well as was Kirk and tejata had a very good first half before injury.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Delgado was a huge player in carrying the team, but he wasn't the sole reason that the Mets won. You also had the following stat lines following the break:

Carlos Beltran: .307/.395/.534, 12 HR, 46 RBI, 17 2B
    Jose Reyes: .289/.345/.459, 6 HR, 25 RBI, 14 2B, 9 3B, 24 SB
    David Wright: .330/.406/.582, 16 HR, 54 RBI, 18 2B

It was an entirely different ballgame. If you throw those lines in, including David's, you have a team above .500. No questions asked.

That's not even counting the terrible pitching that pitched to an ERA over 6 for the first few weeks following the ASB.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    When wright carried the team though Thole was hitting well as was Kirk and tejata had a very good first half before injury.
    Yeah, but it all comes down to starting pitching. During the first half of the season, the Mets pitched to a 3.96 ERA WITH the worst bullpen in baseball. That shows you how well the starting pitching performed.

During the second half, the collective staff ERA ballooned to 4.23, with the starting pitchers crapping the bed coming out of the break and the pen slightly improving (only because it really wasn't possible for them to continue at the horrific rate they had been).

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/sandy-d...ty-josh-thole/
    This afternoon at the GM Meetings, Sandy Alderson spoke with reporters and, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post, said they need to be realistic about the kinds of players they can acquire this winter, and suggested they could be looking at the “bottom” of the free agent market.

Alderson also said while they have a little more payroll flexibility than he originally projected, although it’s unrealistic for the payroll to escalate towards the levels of prior years.

“[Alderson] chuckled when I asked if the Mets’ payroll would go back to $140 million,” Puma said.

Lastly, Alderson also said they will likely be keeping Josh Thole, as it’s hard enough to find one catcher, let alone two.

Thole earned $498,000 in 2012, but is “Super Two” eligible this winter, meaning he will go to arbitration for the first time.

A player is classified as a “Super Two” and is eligible for salary arbitration who has at least two but less than three years of Major League service if he has at least 86 days of service during the immediately preceding season, and he ranks in the top 22 percent in total service in the class of Players who have at least two but less than three years of Major League service, however accumulated.

The cutoff this year is two years and 139 days of Major League service time.

vCash
    He's never says anything worth listening to or worth reading.

vCash
    I am so happy we have another season of self aware zingers about the team's liabilities.

If we can't get players in FA, we might as well have humor

vCash

Which Met has carried a team?

vCash
    Reading Alderson making light of this teams bottom feeder status makes me puke. I cannot wait to see the back of this creep.

vCash
    For all of Ike's power, and his prolific 2nd half. It didn't translate into wins.
    Meaning, Ike is no Delgado.

Delgado also had Reyes, Beltran and DW in his very best years...Ike has only 1 of those 3 star players in support (and not at his very best either), no catcher and no OF whatsoever.

vCash

I Sure Hope Not

They just bought out Bay.

And it looks like they are going trade either, Dickey, Niese or Gee.

And now they might sign Hairston back.
    Dickey is a Cy Young candidate and Neise might be hitting his stride. It takes lefties a little longer and to give up on Neise right now would throw me into a deep depression. I do not trust Alderson to get back equal or better return. The guy is just doing a shell game with us fans. Move pieces around and get some new ones in hopefully no one will know. Hairston is not the answer and he will cost more than he is worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Delgado also had Reyes, Beltran and DW in his very best years...Ike has only 1 of those 3 star players in support (and not at his very best either), no catcher and no OF whatsoever.
    Ike is nothing close to Delgado with or without Reyes, Beltran ect. Delgado is close to if not a Hall of Fame player. Honestly do not think that Ike scares many pitchers. Ike is a young player who has proved little so far. His numbers are close to Mike Jacobs in his first 2-3 years. Kinda remember Jacobs hit 30+ Hrs with low BA in year 2 or 3. Mets fans irrationally love Ike. He is basically a .230 hitter with 30 Hr potential. His defense is grossly overrated by most Mets fans...he is nothing close to being a gold glove.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast