Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mobile apps

vCash
    Is there anyway they can remove the ads on the mobile app? It slows it down a lot in my phone.

vCash
    I doubt it, but I'll look into it for you.

vCash
    lol
    I'm In.

vCash
    Oooookay thanks
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Screw the adds i just want to be able to look at my vms

First Sim League Title!

vCash

2013 NC STATE FOOTBALL: 2-0
    The Dave Doeren Era

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    Screw the adds i just want to be able to look at my vms
    Droid or iPhone?

I can look at mine on the iPhone as well as PMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Is there anyway they can remove the ads on the mobile app? It slows it down a lot in my phone.
    Not going to happen at this time.

The ads are part of the VBulletin template. The speed will improve once the upgrades are done.

vCash
    Acquire mobile skin and profit. The app is awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

The mobile skin is the way they should have went in the first place.

vCash
    I cant view VMs for my android phone nor my ipad fix that first before skins, free tappatalk etc etc

The app aint pretty to look at but to me its effective enough where i can see other peoples posts and make my own

I just want to be able 2 look at vms like i used to before the updates

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

vCash
    We don't have the resources or want to use a third party plug in, guys.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    We don't have the resources or want to use a third party plug in, guys.
    and they don't have the funds for the free download.

but what really annoys me is how PSD keeps making the apps problems out to be vBullitin's problems when it isn't. if it's really that bad, it never should have been used and since it apparently is that bad, they should be looking elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    OK, not the answer everyone (including myself) is looking for...but here it is.

The mobile app is not an SDI product. The PSD Forum app that many of you use is actually a V-Bulletin product. Yes, it is buggy.

Like most of the issues around here, it comes down to the forum upgrade to version 4.0. We can not run an update to the app until we complete the upgrade. The forum is actually a few upgrades behind and, when the project begins, the upgrades will all have to be completed chronologically.

The next question everyone will ask is, "when are these upgrades going to be completed?"

The upgrade project has been entered into the project list. There are several IT projects ahead of the forum upgrade on the list, including another PSD project that is currently in development (main site upgrade and article admin). There are several other projects involving other SDI properties and initiatives.

What I was told yesterday afternoon is that the PSD forum upgrade will, most likely, be ready by late December/early January. The IT lead informed me that it is a much larger initiative than originally thought and involves many moving parts and much more than just the forum itself. He doesn't want to tackle this until after the main PSD site gets it's upgrade because many of the pages on the main site contain forum pieces that could impact the current project they are working on.

Instead of removing the current mobile app entirely, it will remain because some users are able to use it without issue. Those that are experiencing problems with the current V-Bulletin app will, unfortunately, have to use a mobile browser in the mean-time.

I was told that mobile skins (such as Tap-a-Talk) are not an option until the upgrade is completed. Even then they will hesitate to use external code within their product.

That's all that I have for now. Any updates will be relayed.
    Most people aren't here for the main page! Especially since they're all just articles copied from another site, so if we really wanted to read them we would just go to the site that published them. The IT should focus on the product that actually bring users to the site which is the discussion aspect. Absolutely NOTHING has changed since the big blow up thread. Just more false promises.
    -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast