Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: Mobile apps

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    45,124
    vCash
    1500

    Mobile apps

    Mobile app issues id hope to see fix and I don't think I'm hoping for anything unreasonable:

    1) I want to be able to look at my wall and other posters walls we used to be able to look at our VMs through the app and then an update came for the app and the update was for the ads. I'm not asking for the removal of ads on the app keep them they don't interfere with the performance of the app I just want to be able to look at my VMs and post on other peoples wall through the app

    2) iPad app I can't view sub forums I'm an active member of Psd nba redrafts psd sim league and wrestling forum and both of there sub forums. Through the iPad app I cannot access any sub forum on any part of Psd through the ipad app. I had to download the iPhone app of psd for my ipad because there isnt an app for the iPad which is fine because iphone apps are compatible with the iPad

    Keep adds I don't care about skins or making it look better I just want to be able to view every part of psd and access my VMs

    The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,414
    vCash
    2267
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    Mobile app issues id hope to see fix and I don't think I'm hoping for anything unreasonable:

    1) I want to be able to look at my wall and other posters walls we used to be able to look at our VMs through the app and then an update came for the app and the update was for the ads. I'm not asking for the removal of ads on the app keep them they don't interfere with the performance of the app I just want to be able to look at my VMs and post on other peoples wall through the app

    2) iPad app I can't view sub forums I'm an active member of Psd nba redrafts psd sim league and wrestling forum and both of there sub forums. Through the iPad app I cannot access any sub forum on any part of Psd through the ipad app. I had to download the iPhone app of psd for my ipad because there isnt an app for the iPad which is fine because iphone apps are compatible with the iPad

    Keep adds I don't care about skins or making it look better I just want to be able to view every part of psd and access my VMs
    A mobile skin fixes this all. There is no reason to have an app especially if it is widely known that even vBulletin knows there's issues with their own product. A skin just takes EVERYTHING and turns it into a mobile format on ANY mobile device. It's just limited to Apple iOS and Android devices. The skin only has one point of failure at that's what SDI does. If something don't work it's in their hands to fix it. They can't point the finger at vBulletin or anyone else. The greatest thing about a mobile skin is if you want to view the full site like you're on a computer, you can do that. Everyone needs to stop clamoring and focusing on an app when the skin is and always has been the best way to go. VM's/PM's/the mod CP and everything else works just like you're on the computer.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,778
    vCash
    1500
    I said from the beginning a mobile skin would be best. I know androids and iphones are popular, however, Microsoft phones and blackberry's are also popular, and they can't get the app. and like i said earlier, if vBulletins app is that bad, it shouldn't have been used. and since we now know it is, they should scrap it and go elsewhere. whenever there is a problem they just blame vBulletin and it's really SDI's fault, not vBulletin. they have no excuses for not using tap-a-talk or a mobile skin
    **********

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,325
    vCash
    1500
    Updates?
    I'm In.



  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,778
    vCash
    1500
    SDI... Y u no updates?

    Y u no make good mobile app?
    **********

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Update please?
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    I posted an update on Page 2 of this thread. Nothing has changed at this point. I'm a bit worried about the holidays delaying this a bit, but other than that there are no changes.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,778
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sorry I'm going to sound like an *** here, but how does is take more than 3 weeks to upgrade to 4.0?

    I know PSD bought it in the past, because they tested it out and they didn't like the way it looked, so they went with 3.8.7 instead. there is youtube video's of people doing it in like 5 minutes. I'm not mad at you psd-team, I'm mad at SDI's IT team.
    **********

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    The upgrade is tied in with a bigger project...and the upgrade of the forum also entails changes to the other pages of the main site. There are forum pieces all over the main PSD pages.

    The PSD re-design, article admin changes, and forum upgrade (now 4.2) will all be released together to ensure proper testing of all pieces can be completed by our testing department at the same time.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Most people aren't here for the main page! Especially since they're all just articles copied from another site, so if we really wanted to read them we would just go to the site that published them. The IT should focus on the product that actually bring users to the site which is the discussion aspect.
    This is absolutely false. I'm not sure where the facts are coming from in this post, but 75% of the traffic on ProSportsDaily.com is on the main pages.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    This is absolutely false. I'm not sure where the facts are coming from in this post, but 75% of the traffic on ProSportsDaily.com is on the main pages.
    When you say main page, do you mean what you look at on the forums or the blogs etc?
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,414
    vCash
    2267
    75% of traffic? Who the hell comes here to read copied and pasted articles from other news sources along with a few poorly written or plagiarized articles from SDI staff? I don't know anyone I post with on the forums that regularly reads what's posted on the main page.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,325
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    75% of traffic? Who the hell comes here to read copied and pasted articles from other news sources along with a few poorly written or plagiarized articles from SDI staff? I don't know anyone I post with on the forums that regularly reads what's posted on the main page.
    Probably new or unique visitors.

    I found this site by looking at MLB rumors.
    I'm In.



  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,778
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    75% of traffic? Who the hell comes here to read copied and pasted articles from other news sources along with a few poorly written or plagiarized articles from SDI staff? I don't know anyone I post with on the forums that regularly reads what's posted on the main page.
    I found the forum looking up Reds rumors, but ever since I've found the forum, I haven't looked at it since.
    **********

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    75% of traffic? Who the hell comes here to read copied and pasted articles from other news sources along with a few poorly written or plagiarized articles from SDI staff? I don't know anyone I post with on the forums that regularly reads what's posted on the main page.
    Most people in the world don't want to visit the Times, Daily News, Post, and the Bergen Record (not to mention all of the blogs). The reason why PSD was originally created was to bring all of the articles from all of the publications together in one place. We're a one-stop shop. We have publications begging us to add them to our daily list.

    The traffic on the main (non-forum) pages is huge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •