Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Do You want as The new Manager?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Acta, former Indians, Nationals manager

    18 27.69%
  • Don Wakamatsu, former Mariners manager, Jays bench coach

    13 20.00%
  • Jim Tracy, former Rockies manager

    8 12.31%
  • Ozzie Guillen, former White Sox, Marlins manager

    5 7.69%
  • Ernie Whitt, Team Canada manager

    9 13.85%
  • Matt Williams, Diamondbacks third base coach

    7 10.77%
  • Art Howe, former Athletics manager, could be related to Gordie Howe

    5 7.69%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,923
    vCash
    1500
    Apparently Tracy and Riggleman are the finalists for the job.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    1500
    I think its going to be Manny Acta ... Especially with all the latin talent we are bringing in

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,431
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    I think its going to be Manny Acta ... Especially with all the latin talent we are bringing in
    I'm with you. I see him as the best fit personally.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    phil jackson
    Agreed. The Yankees would never see the triangle offense coming....

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    vCash
    1500
    I voted for Jim Tracy. Don't want a manager like Ozzie as it was a circus with 5 of this group last year. Wanted a manager with experience and a bit of hard liner.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,978
    vCash
    1500
    i hope its jim tracy over Riggleman. Although Riggleman isn't bad either.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,413
    vCash
    1500
    Tracy is awful guys...****ing brutal

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Tracy is awful guys...****ing brutal
    I dont like him either but Im certainly willing to give him a chance if that's who gets the job.

    I really hope it's Manny Acta though and it's just not leaked out yet... He'd be a really nice choice.

    I don't mind Riggleman either - he seems like a very good manager. Not fond of Tracy but I can't pretend to know as much about these guys as Alex does. Tracy did bring the Rox to the world series, didn't he? Or was that someone else?

    Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,413
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I dont like him either but Im certainly willing to give him a chance if that's who gets the job.

    I really hope it's Manny Acta though and it's just not leaked out yet... He'd be a really nice choice.

    I don't mind Riggleman either - he seems like a very good manager. Not fond of Tracy but I can't pretend to know as much about these guys as Alex does. Tracy did bring the Rox to the world series, didn't he? Or was that someone else?
    Tracy should not be the top candidate IMO. Too old school for me. I like Acta, he's a saber guy and wouldn't make Miguel Cabrera bunt with a man on first or second, which, has happened a few times with another old school manager. You could do worse than Tracy but you could also do better. Why Acta isn't getting more love is crazy to me. IMO, he's the best manager available with experience.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,062
    vCash
    1500
    I'm on-board the Acta train. Didn't know much about him till a few days ago when I decided to do some digging. He seems to be tailor made for AA to hire.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,431
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    I'm on-board the Acta train. Didn't know much about him till a few days ago when I decided to do some digging. He seems to be tailor made for AA to hire.
    I agree. It's just not AA's style to let names leak to the press like Tracy's and Riggleman's did. I think there is at least one more finalist and I hope it's Acta.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I don't mind Riggleman either - he seems like a very good manager. Not fond of Tracy but I can't pretend to know as much about these guys as Alex does. Tracy did bring the Rox to the world series, didn't he? Or was that someone else?
    Riggleman's got a solid record. Does anyone know what his style is?

    And no, it was Clint Hurdle who took the Rox to the World Series... currently managing the Pirates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Tracy should not be the top candidate IMO. Too old school for me. I like Acta, he's a saber guy and wouldn't make Miguel Cabrera bunt with a man on first or second, which, has happened a few times with another old school manager. You could do worse than Tracy but you could also do better. Why Acta isn't getting more love is crazy to me. IMO, he's the best manager available with experience.
    Acta's record is scary bad though. What's got you convinced that he's a solid manager?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    2,004
    vCash
    1500
    I voted for Acta but I would be pretty happy with Dave Martinez as well.

    What a horrible list to choose from.

    Is AA holding up all of baseball with this manager business, considering that an outside hire would be bringing in at least some of his own coaches. Not sure if I would like being a rival GM having to fill a few coaching vacancies in December because AA took his time.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    311
    vCash
    1500
    Definitely Acta. He has a good résumé, speaks Spanish, knows Reyes, etc., etc.
    I wouldn't mind "Wok", but I don't think he speaks Spanish.

    I hope they introduce the new players and manager together early next week.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,882
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post



    Acta's record is scary bad though. What's got you convinced that he's a solid manager?
    You shouldnt judge a manager on his record.He hasnt had any toys to play with

    Acta is a saber guy, right there should show that hes not a dummy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •