8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons win

6 75.00%
  • Saints win

2 25.00%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    My point being you were basically acknowledging that RB was the #1 problem by suggesting they get someone like Ivory, or all those discussions about drafting a RB a few months ago. Cook wasn't even mentioned in here until those trade demands surfaced out of nowhere, yet for whatever reason TE suddenly becomes the top need this season? Also I never said I didn't have concerns about the O-Line, I've made plenty of threads and posts about it. But the lack of talent at RB hurts this offense more than the lack of pro-bowl linemen. You can have the best OL is the world but if you keep relying on a RB who is slow, can't cut, and has no vision because he's a straight line runner, your offense will suffer.
    For one i never said TE was our number 1 priority. Please find me the quote where i said that TE was the number 1 priority. I even said RB was the biggest need earlier in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279
    O yes like Matt Ryan didnt have any pressure on him. We have 2 weak lineman in Konz and Mclure, Clabo is not playing well this season, Baker has actually been pass blocking better then run blocking. You make it seem like just because they blocked formidable in the passing game that it means they blocked well in the running game. Its 2 different blocking styles.
    No I was focusing on the fact that Ryan had to throw that often because his RBs are basically worthless. Who on this team really grinds for tough yards on short yardage? Ryan on a sneak? Again, 15 yards in 13 carries for Turner against one of the worst run defenses in the league. How many tackles did you see him break/shake today? No one would put all the blame on the O-Line for that stat line. He limits what they can do, same with Quizz as a runner aside from the occasional big gainer.

vCash
    Looked like Roddy misjudged that long pass. Too bad, but Falcons are still in a pretty good position.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    No I was focusing on the fact that Ryan had to throw that often because his RBs are basically worthless. Who on this team really grinds for tough yards on short yardage? Ryan on a sneak? Again, 15 yards in 13 carries for Turner against one of the worst run defenses in the league. How many tackles did you see him break/shake today? No one would put all the blame on the O-Line for that stat line. He limits what they can do, same with Quizz as a runner aside from the occasional big gainer.
    Agreed. I said he sucks. But once again, let me ask again, what running back that was available to us, that would have made a difference? MJD? We would have probably had to give up a 1st for him and the Owner made it known that they wasnt trading him. Getting him would have took too many assets. Idk of any other running backs besides Ivory that could have possibly been had but not by us, a division rival of the Saints.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Looked like Roddy misjudged that long pass. Too bad, but Falcons are still in a pretty good position.
    Yes i am now hoping for a Bears loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279
    Agreed. I said he sucks. But once again, let me ask again, what running back that was available to us, that would have made a difference? MJD? We would have probably had to give up a 1st for him and the Owner made it known that they wasn't trading him. Getting him would have took too many assets. Idk of any other running backs besides Ivory that could have possibly been had but not by us, a division rival of the Saints.
    Put it this way: Right now, there are maybe a handful of RBs leaguewide who are actually worse than Turner. Some of these posters know me from other teams forums, I'm a believer in pushing all the chips on the table if I have a legit chance to win it all. Even if it means overpaying (via trade) for a player who fills a need, like RB.

vCash
    Good game guys. See you in the dome in week 13 (I think), should be good. We got the Raiders next week so we should be up to 5-5 at .500. I think you guys have the division locked up obviously, but we could see each other in the 1st round. Either way, it was a hard fought game, bitter rivals. Good luck the rest of the way. We needed that W a lot more then you guys did anyways.

vCash
    Put it this way: Right now, there are maybe a handful of RBs leaguewide who are actually worse than Turner. Some of these posters know me from other teams forums, I'm a believer in pushing all the chips on the table if I have a legit chance to win it all. Even if it means overpaying (via trade) for a player who fills a need, like RB.
    Ok i feel that. Well i actually like taking what is available and building on your stregnth if your big need aint available. I never said you was wrong for wanting a RB. I agree with you 100% because i knew from last season that Turner was done. All i was saying if we wasnt going to trade for a RB(which we didnt) We could have traded for something else that would make our strength that much stronger. Would i rather have a RB over a TE? Hell yeah! actually i would like another impact D Lineman, a middle linebacker, and even an O lineman over a TE but if a known impact player is available at any position(just so happened to a TE) I want my team to try and get him more especially when i know that not only will it help us now, it would also help is in the future. But yeah RB would be nice. I would love to have a RB. Maybe they will see they need one and try someone in free agency because TD and Smith i guess felt that the running game was enough bfo the deadline. After this horrible day, hopefully they see different.
    Last edited by dee279; 11-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Good game guys. See you in the dome in week 13 (I think), should be good. We got the Raiders next week so we should be up to 5-5 at .500. I think you guys have the division locked up obviously, but we could see each other in the 1st round. Either way, it was a hard fought game, bitter rivals. Good luck the rest of the way. We needed that W a lot more then you guys did anyways.
    True but that makes the loss feel no better lol. But good game to yall.

vCash
    Falcons missing goal-to-go back

Atlanta passed on nine of its 13 goal-to-go chances against the Saints, including its 4th-and-2 play with 1:46 remaining in the game. The Falcons turned to the pass because Michael Turner gained -2 yards on four goal-to-go rushes against the Saints. On the season, Turner has just three touchdowns on 17 goal-to-go rushes.
    Elias Sports Bureau

vCash
    Yeah, Turner is as powerful as a Prius. We should convert some bulky defensive player to HB. IMO Sidbury for HB. 6'3" 265 and ran a 4.64. He could totally do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Yeah, Turner is as powerful as a Prius. We should convert some bulky defensive player to HB. IMO Sidbury for HB. 6'3" 265 and ran a 4.64. He could totally do it.
    Mine as well. Aint getting no playing time on D,

vCash
    It seems almost impossible that a guy would only convert 3 of 17 goal line runs.

vCash
    Mark Bradley nails it in his postgame write-up:
    That the Falcons’ first play from the 1 was a Matt Ryan pass for Tony Gonzalez tells us they weren’t convinced they could push the Saints backward even three feet. (Malcolm Jenkins knocked the ball down in the end zone.) That the third-and-goal call was a handoff to Turner that became yet another damp squib — of his 13 carries, seven either gained nothing or lost yardage — drove home the point:

An 8-0 NFL team could not line up and gain a precious yard against the league’s worst rushing defense.

By losing a yard on third-and-goal, the Falcons had no choice but to pass on fourth down, and again Ryan’s pass was flicked away.
    Couldn't depend on Turner on 4th-and-short at home vs N.O. last year, nor in that playoff loss to NYG.

vCash
    They sent Douglas in to replace Franks at punt returner, so it wouldn't surprise me if 'Nique got cut (again) this week.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast