Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chapman, Cespedes, Montero, Darvish, Where have you gone George??

I think if George was still around we might have Chapman, Cespedes, Montero and possibly Darvish but I'm interested to hear some of you baseball minds analyze if the team would be any better if these guys were Yankees. Each time the Yankees dropped out of the chase (or gave up on in Montero's case) I was kind of stunned, like this new Hal approach signals the slow death of the Yankee's and the way his dad forged.

I know one thing, this team is getting harder to watch and gone are the days of signing big name international talent. Hal is creating a very boring team. Seems like having the group mentioned above would be interesting though. Would the team be any better?? Also, the cost would be very high given that the Yanks have a lot of big name duds on the payroll currently so obviously, under penny pinching Hal, NY could never afford these guys, but what if George was still around and he signed these guys, would the team be any better? I have visions of Cespe and Montero with those quick bats making this team a little better than having to watch Swisher and Aroid whiff away in the post season. Obviously, what's done is done, but what if?

vCash
    No Darvish, Champman and Cespedes would make our team worse.............

Hindsight.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    um out of all the national talent the yankees signed el duke and hideki worked out. all the rest sucked

irabu
    igawa
    contreas
    off the top of my head
    MLB Stadiums: 12-30
    Sorry everyone i am a POOR SPELLER

Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

vCash
    To be honest, George probably would have traded Montero for some worthless role player like he almost did with Jeter, Bernie, and Mo.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    I don't think the problem is our roster make-up per se. It's more the byproduct of a well-built roster that, because of their talent, forced long-term deals.

Don't hesitate to think that in 5 years Prince and Miggy will not be killing the Tiger's contract decisions. The same problem is going to happen in Anaheim, as it did in Philly.

Boston, to their credit saw the writing on the wall and got rid of a ton of salary, again forced by long-term contracts.

It's really something to think about when the Yanks evaluate Cano, Granderson or any other players after next season.

vCash
    Montero certianly would have been traded if george were alive
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    No Darvish, Champman and Cespedes would make our team worse.............

Hindsight.

You Crazy, With those guys we are Champions

vCash
    With Chapman, Soriano, Robertson we are the best staff relievers in baseball.
    CC, Kuroda, Pettitte, Darvish, Hughes, this is a great staff starting pitchers.
    Cespedes, Granderson, Ichiro and Swisher. We are great.
    Line up.
    1. Ichiro
    2. Jeter
    3. Cano
    4. Texeira
    5. Cespedes
    6. Granderson
    7. A-Rod
    8. Ibaņez
    9. Martin

vCash
    um....how many championships did we win since 2001, when we really started signing the huge stars with crazy deals, starting with giambi?

crazy big stars do not equal championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Montero certianly would have been traded if george were alive
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee blod View Post
    You Crazy, With those guys we are Champions
    Cespedes .292/.356/.505 23 hr 82 rbi would have replaced Swisher .272/.364/.473 24 hr 93 rbi. Slightly better for Cespedes but not by much.

Darvish would have slotted as a #4 starter ahead of Hughes so that means one start in the ALCS. Hardly the difference between ALCS loser and WS champion.

Chapman would have done what? Closed games better than Soriano did? Set up better than Robertson? And how would that have helped us in the ALCS? You don't need a closer or set up guy when you're behind.

vCash
    Cashman's done a really good job as GM. Blame the players for ******** the bed in the postseason.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Cespedes .292/.356/.505 23 hr 82 rbi would have replaced Swisher .272/.364/.473 24 hr 93 rbi. Slightly better for Cespedes but not by much.

Darvish would have slotted as a #4 starter ahead of Hughes so that means one start in the ALCS. Hardly the difference between ALCS loser and WS champion.

Chapman would have done what? Closed games better than Soriano did? Set up better than Robertson? And how would that have helped us in the ALCS? You don't need a closer or set up guy when you're behind.
    I actually think Cespedes would slot in much better over Swisher on both sides of the ball. Unless I am mis-remembering he has a cannon of an arm and I think playing in our band-box of a stadium would inflate the back end of that triple slash line by quite a bit.

As far as Chapman I believe that man is a stud SP waiting to happen. Dusty Baker is the only thing holding that man back since he looked like an absolute stud in spring training as a SP only to be moved back into the bullpen. I am fully confident that this coming year he will not only be a SP on their squad but a bonafide ACE for them.

Darvish I admit I was a little overly optimistic for his year one expectations, but given his age and repetoire I think he has plenty of room to grow into his potential as well.

All that said, I'd blame A-Rod and Tex's long term dead weight (and to a lesser extent Soriano's vastly overpaid envisioned setup role) contracts towards contributing to them not being able to take chances on these Int'l FA's.

The one I was still hoping they would take a shot at was Soler, but I can't even off the top of my head remember what the AAV of his deal ended up being.

vCash
    We should sign everyone, every year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy247 View Post
    um out of all the national talent the yankees signed el duke and hideki worked out. all the rest sucked

irabu
    igawa
    contreas
    off the top of my head
    Wang was good for like 3 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast