Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Small Ball and Signing Melky

The Yankees need to get way better at small ball. A starting outfield of Ichiro in Right, Gardner in Center and Grandy in Left (yes, you read that right) seems to be the easiest way to get Jeter into the three hole, followed by Cano and Tex. I think this top of the line up makes the most sense for next year.

Also, if NY can sign Melky back that would work out really well. Nobody is talking about this, but it could be an awesome move and he could really help the team plus provide insurance for when Gardner inevitably gets hurt as usual.

vCash
    As long as Melky shares his PED's with A-Rod, sure.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    yea a known steriod user who had his career year during the year is tested postive is just what we need...............

melky is going ti fizzle out into nothing
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Melky is never playing in a Yankees uniform again.

One, because he is a team distraction. Him and Cano together is a nightmare (notice how Cano's numbers went up once Melky left).

Two, the Yankees don't let admitted roid users play for them. Giambi and Arod were already on the team when the news came out on them, and Pettitte is a fan favorite and a Yankee legend so it's kind of hard to say no to him. Over the years, guys like Bonds, Clemens, Manny, and other roid users have begged for the Yankees to sign them, but the front office stays away.

Melky is never playing here again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Melky is never playing in a Yankees uniform again.

One, because he is a team distraction. Him and Cano together is a nightmare (notice how Cano's numbers went up once Melky left).

Two, the Yankees don't let admitted roid users play for them. Giambi and Arod were already on the team when the news came out on them, and Pettitte is a fan favorite and a Yankee legend so it's kind of hard to say no to him. Over the years, guys like Bonds, Clemens, Manny, and other roid users have begged for the Yankees to sign them, but the front office stays away.

Melky is never playing here again.
    For the record, I absolutely despise the argument "look at Cano's numbers after Melky left!!!"

His numbers did improve. He was also entering (and is still in) his prime, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with increased production

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    For the record, I absolutely despise the argument "look at Cano's numbers after Melky left!!!"

His numbers did improve. He was also entering (and is still in) his prime, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with increased production
    look at his attitude and the way he carried himself. melky and cano together was certianly a problem

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    look at his attitude and the way he carried himself. melky and cano together was certianly a problem
    Again, all a part of growing up. They were kids (with a ton of money) when they came up. In fact, Melky couldn't even legally drink he was so young. Now that Cano is 30, I would suspect he would/should be acting differently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Again, all a part of growing up. They were kids (with a ton of money) when they came up. In fact, Melky couldn't even legally drink he was so young. Now that Cano is 30, I would suspect he would/should be acting differently.
    melky sucked most of his career, just tested positive for PEDs and has those past issues in New York. What reason is tehre exactly tos ign him or take the risks associated with that? he could have matured, he aslo might niot have. its not like he;s an elite player, he was barely a servicable one befor ethis season, which is a question mark since he tested positive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatskillKid View Post
    The Yankees need to get way better at small ball. A starting outfield of Ichiro in Right, Gardner in Center and Grandy in Left (yes, you read that right) seems to be the easiest way to get Jeter into the three hole, followed by Cano and Tex. I think this top of the line up makes the most sense for next year.

Also, if NY can sign Melky back that would work out really well. Nobody is talking about this, but it could be an awesome move and he could really help the team plus provide insurance for when Gardner inevitably gets hurt as usual.

Melky? You got to be joking. If we get Melky we should get rid of Girardi and get Bobby Valentine. This would have us eliminated by the All-Star break and we could start planning for 2014 early. Sounds like a pretty savy plan to me. Run it by Cashman.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatskillKid View Post

Sign Melky? That has got to be the dumbest thing imaginable. Let's look at some facts shall we.

1. After leaving, he played one season in Atlanta, where he was horrible. I am not talking bad stats horrible, I am talking Little Leaguers played better horrible. He actually made the trade for Javier Vazquez look pretty good (and he was pretty damn bad in his own right) because he was so bad. So bad that he was unconditionally released.

2. Signed by the royals for 2011, played pretty good. Seems odd, went from being a solid 4th outfielder type for the Yanks, to being "Has no business playing pro ball" in atlanta, to All Star.

3 Traded to San Fran. Played out of this world for ~120 games.. until caught doing PEDs. Went so far as to set up a fake website to make his PED usage seem legit.

So explain to me, which is the real Melky Cabrera? The guy who should have been out of baseball in 2010? Or the All-Star caught using PEDs? I can pretty confidently say that his 2011 & 2012 seasons were a product of his PED usage, not him being a good player. So, once the PEDs are gone, what do you have left?

the 2010 version of Melky Cabrera. Do you really want that guy on a team you like?

vCash
    I hate to say this about another human being and hope for them to break the law and to hurt themselves in the long run, but half of me is hoping that A_Rod goes to the Dominican Republic this winter and takes steroids for about a month and then hopes to beat the random testing next season. This way, if he is not caught, he has a monster season and if he is caught, the Yankees don't have to pay his salary for 50 games or more.

vCash
    melky sucked most of his career, just tested positive for PEDs and has those past issues in New York. What reason is tehre exactly tos ign him or take the risks associated with that? he could have matured, he aslo might niot have. its not like he;s an elite player, he was barely a servicable one befor ethis season, which is a question mark since he tested positive
    No he didn't, his last year in NY he was only 24 and put up .274 with 13 HR and 68 rbi along with solid defense. And he only struck out 59 times. Thats far from sucking. It would be nice to have a fairly high average guy who actually puts the ball in play and doesn't strike out 195 times!

I'd gladly take back Melky on a small 1 or 2 year deal.

The Melky/Cano thing is silly and ridiculous, Cano hit .342 playing with Melky. His power numbers of course went up when they moved into the new Stadium and Cano matured, that had nothing to do with Melky leaving.

vCash
    The yankees need more players to play small ball. I 100 percent agree but melky isn't the answer. The last thing we need is the distraction that melky would bring to this team. We have enough of that with the media and arod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No he didn't, his last year in NY he was only 24 and put up .274 with 13 HR and 68 rbi along with solid defense. And he only struck out 59 times. Thats far from sucking. It would be nice to have a fairly high average guy who actually puts the ball in play and doesn't strike out 195 times!

I'd gladly take back Melky on a small 1 or 2 year deal.

The Melky/Cano thing is silly and ridiculous, Cano hit .342 playing with Melky. His power numbers of course went up when they moved into the new Stadium and Cano matured, that had nothing to do with Melky leaving.
    OPS+ in his 4 years with the Yankees was 95, 88, 68, and 93. Melky was not even a league average hitter in any of his years with the Yankees.

vCash
    Not sure what the point of this even was, I wasn't advocating bringing him back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast