Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 447
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,768
    vCash
    1500

    Why does the coach think so highly of stucky

    Honeslty y does the coach play stucky so much esp the last 2 games and not gordon or bynum.
    stucky is the reason y we loose games and bynum is the reason y we win games...but yet he still plays stucky more minutes

    stucky just keeps jackin up shots and missing and he cant pass or shoot a 3 on top of it all.

    will bynum can create his own shot and pass the ball
    y dont we play bynum more

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,017
    vCash
    1500
    Stuckey was a high draft pick and makes alot more money than Bynum. Sometimes those stipulations result in what a coach does.

    Plus, Bynum is a perfect bench player.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    7,413
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ what this guy said. lol
    $9.99

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    1500
    I think also we have seen flashes of what Stuck could be - sometimes flirting with numbers close to 20 points and 10 assists with a few rebounds... thats what we need consistently.

    I think Joe D has made it clear he wants stuck to have the first crack at being that regular guy. Yes he also was picked in the first round and gets paid a lot more (for now).
    Sometimes The Path Of Least Resistance Just Makes The Road Longer...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,114
    vCash
    1500
    ...numbers close to 20 points and 10 assists with a few rebounds... thats what we need consistently.
    I see your point and I don't mean to belittle your opinion, but I think that statement is indicative of the expectations we have for Stuckey. To expect 20 points and 10 assists out of your point guard is ridicuous. Those are superstar numbers. Chris Paul type numbers.

    I think part of the reason that Q is sticking with Stuckey is his age. He's only 23, and that leaves a lot of time for improvement. I love Bynum's game, but at 27, he is what he is.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Dr. Johnson

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GP, MI
    Posts
    6,224
    vCash
    1500
    And so this debate begins again......

    We all know Dumars has high expectations for Stuckey, and with all the criticism of Stuckey thus far, you would think he's been having a terrible year when in reality he's actually had a good start to the season. I think Bynum would struggle as a starter simply because of his size. I said it before and I'll say it again, if Stuckey andf Bynum are comfortable in their roles, why the hell mix it up when they both have been playing very well.


    "Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DETriot
    Posts
    1,270
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I see your point and I don't mean to belittle your opinion, but I think that statement is indicative of the expectations we have for Stuckey. To expect 20 points and 10 assists out of your point guard is ridicuous. Those are superstar numbers. Chris Paul type numbers.

    I think part of the reason that Q is sticking with Stuckey is his age. He's only 23, and that leaves a lot of time for improvement. I love Bynum's game, but at 27, he is what he is.
    i dont think anyone really expects stuckey to have many 20/10 games, even through out his career. but something like 22pts 7/8ast 5reb, fury said numbers CLOSE to 20/10.

    q played stuckey so much last night over bynum because hes our biggest pg. we had a lineup of bigs (6'8" or taller except for stuckey) that got us back into the game (a little late) but i dont even think q was expecting it. bynum was probably gonna get the bulk of the mins in the 4th if they didnt end up rallying back.

    what you mean that at 27, bynum is what he is? 27 is that age when someone should be or soon to be at the peak of their game.
    Chris_Iott-
    Richard Hamilton and John Kuester fist bump as Rip leaves the court. #Pistons

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,114
    vCash
    1500
    I'm saying that because of Stuckey's age, he is more likely to improve by leaps and bounds than Bynum is.

    Right now, they're pretty even, and they're both lacking as pure point guards. But, I'm guessing that by the time Stuckey is 27, he will be better than Bynum is right now.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Dr. Johnson

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,748
    vCash
    1500
    Stuckey has size that cannot get exploited by other point guards in the league, he should actually look to build a post game because he can take advantage of his size.

    However,

    Billups in his 3rd season:
    2.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.3 steals, 13.9 points 38.6% fg, 91.3% ft 36.2% 3pt (85-235) 2.18 TO

    Stuckey in his 3rd season (so far):
    5.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.2 steals, 17.1 points 38.7 fg%, 83.9%ft 23.8% 3pt (5-21) 2.42 TO

    Bynum in his 3rd season (so far):
    3.3 rebounds, 4.2 assists, .8 steals, 14.3 points, 50.7 fg%, 84.6 ft%, 30.8% 3pt (4-13), 2.17 TO

    Numbers are all pretty close. I think size wins out Stuckey 6'5 205 vs. Bynum (listed at) 6'0 185. Both have proven they can provide a run in the 4th, so cannot go wrong)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DETriot
    Posts
    1,270
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by streetballa View Post
    Billups in his 3rd season:
    2.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.3 steals, 13.9 points 38.6% fg, 91.3% ft 36.2% 3pt (85-235) 2.18 TO

    Stuckey in his 3rd season (so far):
    5.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.2 steals, 17.1 points 38.7 fg%, 83.9%ft 23.8% 3pt (5-21) 2.42 TO
    never compared their numbers, but this actually gives me some hope that stuckey can develop into a pg.

    wow, thanks for shedding some light on my stubborn ***.
    Chris_Iott-
    Richard Hamilton and John Kuester fist bump as Rip leaves the court. #Pistons

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,017
    vCash
    1500
    What?

    Are you aware of the unorthodox career that is that of Chauncey Billups? The beginning of the guys career was abnormally HORRIBLE. He was about to be toast. And then he had a bizarre coming out party.

    And you are using his 3rd season stats when he was HORRIBLE as a comparison tool? Ridiculous.

    More ridiculous that the guy who responded to it took it for face value.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionBryan View Post
    What?

    Are you aware of the unorthodox career that is that of Chauncey Billups? The beginning of the guys career was abnormally HORRIBLE. He was about to be toast. And then he had a bizarre coming out party.

    And you are using his 3rd season stats when he was HORRIBLE as a comparison tool? Ridiculous.

    More ridiculous that the guy who responded to it took it for face value.
    So whats your point Stuck could break out by next year I don't think Bynums stats should be thrown in there though cause he's always been a backup and I much rather have Stuck for his size he can defend pretty much any PG because of it we just need someone to come in and teach him about being a team player more thats all the kid has skill he just needs it to show more often

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    3,609
    vCash
    1500
    stuckey is 3 years younger and can do what bynum does

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,017
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by politiczombie View Post
    So whats your point Stuck could break out by next year I don't think Bynums stats should be thrown in there though cause he's always been a backup and I much rather have Stuck for his size he can defend pretty much any PG because of it we just need someone to come in and teach him about being a team player more thats all the kid has skill he just needs it to show more often
    My point was using Billups early career stats for a comparison is skewed at best.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DETriot
    Posts
    1,270
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionBryan View Post
    What?

    Are you aware of the unorthodox career that is that of Chauncey Billups? The beginning of the guys career was abnormally HORRIBLE. He was about to be toast. And then he had a bizarre coming out party.

    And you are using his 3rd season stats when he was HORRIBLE as a comparison tool? Ridiculous.

    More ridiculous that the guy who responded to it took it for face value.
    let me guess, you think channing fryes season is a bizarre coming out party too right?

    why wouldnt he compare 3rd years?

    *edit* ok i was late with that one. but i still dont get why you wouldnt compare the stats from billups early career. if stuckey ends up blowing up in the same way billups did, would you say his early career stats are skewed at best also?
    Last edited by PBG; 11-19-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    Chris_Iott-
    Richard Hamilton and John Kuester fist bump as Rip leaves the court. #Pistons

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •