Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtisox41 View Post
    Brady had a bad game with 4 picks last year, everyone is entitled to one. What I'm not getting is that this guy can be average/below average for 8 games and be the second coming of Unitas, I understand he is talented but his stats are not amazing like everyone thinks. And griffin was better in college, and he's been better so far, and I fully expect him to be better in the future. Luck can get better, but you're acting like RGIII won't. Sanchize is talented too, it takes more than that to be great
    Tebow had some good stats in college, Steve Spurrier too. Big deal.

Let's get this clear. I have an opinion, I have a lot of basis for it. You can like it or not. You seem to have no respect for my opinion. Good for you, but please do yourself a favor and don't think I am going to adopt your opinion in favor of mine until a few more years pass by and you actually turn out to be right - which I doubt.

Funny earlier I looked up and saw your guy throw one into the turf on the run to his left, so he can't throw across his body going left..... Strike

Only 5 posts in PSD sports groups the past 3 weeks all in this thread, all defending a Redskins rookie QB..... Hmmm... interesting...

What's that 50's song? ...and they call it puppy love....
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Tebow had some good stats in college, Steve Spurrier too. Big deal.

Let's get this clear. I have an opinion, I have a lot of basis for it. You can like it or not. You seem to have no respect for my opinion. Good for you, but please do yourself a favor and don't think I am going to adopt your opinion in favor of mine until a few more years pass by and you actually turn out to be right - which I doubt.

Funny earlier I looked up and saw your guy throw one into the turf on the run to his left, so he can't throw across his body going left..... Strike

Only 5 posts in PSD sports groups the past 3 weeks all in this thread, all defending a Redskins rookie QB..... Hmmm... interesting...

What's that 50's song? ...and they call it puppy love....
    All ive been saying is you can believe in Lucks potential, but that doesnt mean he's played well so far. You're allowed to have your opinion, I happen to disagree. And you could have 1,000,000 posts, doesn't mean your opinion is more justified than mine.
    Proud to be PSD's Danny Woodhead

vCash
    And you could have 1,000,000 posts, doesn't mean your opinion is more justified than mine.
    As if that's what the basis of my knowledge is....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Wow I was expecting 123 answers.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    As if that's what the basis of my knowledge is....
    I understand you have facts to back up your opinion, but that doesn't change what it is. If you could admit that your side of the argument isn't the be all end all and that there are arguments both ways maybe we'd get somewhere

vCash
    I understand you have facts to back up your opinion, but that doesn't change what it is. If you could admit that your side of the argument isn't the be all end all and that there are arguments both ways maybe we'd get somewhere
    I'm bored by writing "IMO". Everything I say unless it's a stat is my opinion.

My basis for judging Luck is not just stat based. Clearly so far III is doing better, but that doesn't mean he'll have a better career. Quick out of the box is just that, and does not assure anything else on it's own.

vCash
    RGIII isn't a cam newton/ mike Vick type QB. He can run and chooses to often but he is still a pass first QB. He may play less games than Luck in his career, but the games he plays in he will be better. Teams need to worry more about what he can do than what Luck can do
    RGIII and cam newton aren't like Vick, they can actually throw the football everyone just wants to compare them because they're black its sad but true
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustlenomics View Post
    RGIII and cam newton aren't like Vick, they can actually throw the football everyone just wants to compare them because they're black its sad but true
    Exactly. This is why I'm so high on RGIII, because he can run and throw, not just run to set up his throws. He is already a better passer than Vick and Newton, and It seems like he has his head on straight, unlike those two. I think he'll reach his full potential

vCash
    All ive been saying is you can believe in Lucks potential, but that doesnt mean he's played well so far. You're allowed to have your opinion, I happen to disagree. And you could have 1,000,000 posts, doesn't mean your opinion is more justified than mine.
    And what about the advanced stats? I've seen you conveniently left it out....Luck has been amazing on 3rd down this year and his team consistently scores points. That's more important than throwing for a bunch of meaningless yards while your team is getting spanked.

Let me ask you this, you think Sanchez had a great game against the Pats on Thursday? Cause his QB rating was 94....

BTW, I do agree with you that RG3 is different than these other african american athletes that he's compared to. He's already way better than Cam will ever be. He's actually pretty damn accurate and he's been pretty damn amazing for a rookie. I do think he's going to need to cut down on his rushing attempts though- 99 is just too much and he won't last if he continues to do that- but he appears to be a smart guy so I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually.

I think he does have an offense thats suited to him and Shanny has definitely put in a system that inflates his #'s compared to Luck but there is no doubt that if you watch RG3, he's pretty damn accurate and isn't like these other african american QBs that have reps of being running QBs that aren't very accurate. There's also the fact that he's among the leaders in PFF' accuracy % (which takes into account drops and throw aways). So he's def not some low accurate QB who only can throw deep as I've seen others insinuate he is.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 11-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    And what about the advanced stats? I've seen you conveniently left it out....Luck has been amazing on 3rd down this year and his team consistently scores points. That's more important than throwing for a bunch of meaningless yards while your team is getting spanked.

Let me ask you this, you think Sanchez had a great game against the Pats on Thursday? Cause his QB rating was 94....

BTW, I do agree with you that RG3 is different than these other african american athletes that he's compared to. He's already way better than Cam will ever be. He's actually pretty damn accurate and he's been pretty damn amazing for a rookie. I do think he's going to need to cut down on his rushing attempts though- 99 is just too much and he won't last if he continues to do that- but he appears to be a smart guy so I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually.

I think he does have an offense thats suited to him and Shanny has definitely put in a system that inflates his #'s compared to Luck but there is no doubt that if you watch RG3, he's pretty damn accurate and isn't like these other african american QBs that have reps of being running QBs that aren't very accurate. There's also the fact that he's among the leaders in PFF' accuracy % (which takes into account drops and throw aways). So he's def not some low accurate QB who only can throw deep as I've seen others insinuate he is.
    I agree RGIII needs to cut down on his rushing attempts, as he develops I feel like he'll read defenses better and some of the plays he's rushing on now he'll be able to throw on. They'll both be interesting to watch once their teams have a few more drafts to build around them

vCash
    Right now it shouldn't even be considered imo. Brady knows how to command this offense
    Two years down the road when Brady starts to get older it would be great, but by then Luck wont be making anymore rookie mistakes so indy wouldn't do it

vCash
    Exactly. This is why I'm so high on RGIII, because he can run and throw, not just run to set up his throws. He is already a better passer than Vick and Newton, and It seems like he has his head on straight, unlike those two. I think he'll reach his full potential
    You do realize that Luck can also run and throw, right? I was very impressed with RG3 in the Thanksgiving game, but did you see the shots he took? That is not sustainable for a QB of his size, and Luck just is a more certain product.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    Right now it shouldn't even be considered imo. Brady knows how to command this offense
    Two years down the road when Brady starts to get older it would be great, but by then Luck wont be making anymore rookie mistakes so indy wouldn't do it
    Please. Indy wouldn't do it if we tossed in our #1 and #3 pick this year and #2 and #4 next year too boot.

vCash
    Luck is primed for a strong 15 yr career, RG3 will last 8..maybe.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789