Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtisox41 View Post
    And what is that based on? Opinion? It's a fact that RGIII has been better than Luck, and until he proves otherwise I'll take RGIII
    I hope if I ever become a GM you also do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I hope if I ever become a GM you also do.
    I honestly don't understand all the love. He played great today didnt he? He throws for a lot of yards but he throws way too many picks and takes too many chances. He's more likely to end up like Favre then Brady. But you all can keep ignoring the stats if you want to
    Proud to be PSD's Danny Woodhead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    It's based on watching NFL QB's since the Fall of 1966. Pocket passers - in particular ones that can move and run a little but choose not to except in dire circumstances outlast and outplay the RG III variety - in general.

In terms of these two guys. Luck is getting to his 3rd and 4th reads with regularity. RG III is simply winning games on pure athleticism. He has NO touch pass worthy of the name, everything is 90 MPH, even 8 yards to his left in the backfield.

Feel free to take RG III all you like, come back in 10 years, and Luck will have played more games, at higher QB rating - that's my bet.
    RGIII isn't a cam newton/ mike Vick type QB. He can run and chooses to often but he is still a pass first QB. He may play less games than Luck in his career, but the games he plays in he will be better. Teams need to worry more about what he can do than what Luck can do
    Proud to be PSD's Danny Woodhead

vCash
    I honestly don't understand all the love. He played great today didnt he? He throws for a lot of yards but he throws way too many picks and takes too many chances. He's more likely to end up like Favre then Brady. But you all can keep ignoring the stats if you want to
    He's a rookie. INTs are going to happen. He's going to get better, a lot better.

The first interception was AWFUL...the last two were when he was just slinging down the field because his team was down big. He had to force the issue.

I was impressed with a ton of the throws he made. Yeah, there were some bad throws, but the talent he has is undeniably palpable.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Brady threw 4 picks against the Bills last year, what was your excuse for that?

Ever see Manning's stats as a rookie, or Steve Young's? or Tom Brady's?

Watch the man play. Experts that know this ground much better than I are unified on Luck as the best QB to enter the league since Rogers. Many experts. RG III has nowhere near the support even with his crazy good stats of today.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    RGIII isn't a cam newton/ mike Vick type QB. He can run and chooses to often but he is still a pass first QB. He may play less games than Luck in his career, but the games he plays in he will be better. Teams need to worry more about what he can do than what Luck can do
    Hahhahahahhaaa

OK. We'll see hot shot.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    It's based on watching NFL QB's since the Fall of 1966. Pocket passers - in particular ones that can move and run a little but choose not to except in dire circumstances outlast and outplay the RG III variety - in general.

In terms of these two guys. Luck is getting to his 3rd and 4th reads with regularity. RG III is simply winning games on pure athleticism. He has NO touch pass worthy of the name, everything is 90 MPH, even 8 yards to his left in the backfield.

Feel free to take RG III all you like, come back in 10 years, and Luck will have played more games, at higher QB rating - that's my bet.
    You're just wrong. Look at his eight yard toss to his FB today. Look at the sweet 30+ plus yard toss right into Santana's basket. Talk when you've actually watched the games man.

vCash
    I think RGIII has the potential to be better than the other african american QBs we're always so inclined to compare him to, but he's being "babied" a bit more than Luck. Luck is out there slinging...throwing deep passes after deep passes. He's doing a lot more in terms of passing, and they rely on him a lot more in that regard.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    the fact is if RGIII got any defensive play, like he got today. The Redskins would be 7-3. You can say this and that. But luck has thrown what? 13 picks? To 13 td's? Something around there. RGIII is just as smart as Luck, he's just in a different system.

vCash
    Luck was a much more polished passer. RGIII is still playing for Mike Shanahan's job, to some degree, so he's not going to let him just throw it all over the field. Luck is playing with house money since everyone knows the Colts aren't good enough to truly compete. Anything over 5 wins was always going to be icing.

vCash
    Where? I see no such proof. Elite help? Maybe he helped make them elite, ever think of that?

* Isaac Bruce

'95- 119 catches/1781 yrds
    '96- 84 catches/1338 yrds (Led league in yrds)
    '97- 56 catches/815 yrds (only 12 games)
    '98- only 5 games

He was ALREADY a star..

* Torry Holt played with kurt warner his first 5 seasons ('99-03)

'04- 94 catches/1372 yrds
    '05- 102 catches/1331 yrds
    '06- 93 catches/1188 yrds
    '07- 93 catches/1189 yrds
    (Probowl selection 4 straight yrs after warner)

* Fitzgerald (With warner 2005-2009)

2004 -(Yr before Kurt/rookie yr)- 58 catches/780 yrds
    2010- 90 catches/1137 yrds
    2011- 80 catches/1411 yrds
    (Probowl in both '10 and '11)

* Aquan Boldin (Played for Warner '05-'09)

2003- 101 catches/1377 his rookie yr
    2004- 56 catches/623 yrds in 10 games
    05/06- He averaged 60 catches/850 yrds due to age (30/31 yrs old) and the fact he played for balt didn't help.

Fact is, all 4 guys were legit and proved so either before they played for warner or after the fact.

I see the opinion, I don't see the facts. You failed almost entirely to respond to post #82. You have no case worthy of response until you respond to that post. I don't expect you'll make the effort.
    Did I not give you the splits?? I took out '04 when he played for NYG (Where his splits were actually a bit better than they are career wise).

I'll break it down a bit further
    *Note- Yahoo doesn't show splits for his '99 season

2000-
    DOME- 17 TD's/8 Picks/119.9
    OUTSIDE (4 Games)- 4 TD's/10 Picks/66.2 QBR

DOME-26 TD's/15 Picks/102.5 QBR
    OUTSIDE (5 Games)- 10 TD's/7 Picks/98.8 QBR

DOME- 18 TD'S/8 picks/96.7 QBR
    Outside (5 games)- 9TD's/9 Picks/77.8 QBR

DOME-17 TD's/3 Picks/113.6 QBR
    Outside (9 Games)- 13 TD's/11 Picks/84.6 QBR

Dome- 16 TD's/10 Picks
    Outside (4 Games)- 10 TD's/4 Picks/100.4 QBR

OVERALL:

DOME- 94 TD's/44 Picks

OUTSIDE- 46 TD's/41 Picks

Now If thats not good enough evidence, Than I don't know what it...I did 5 yrs where he was at his healthiest and overall best.

I don't even really care about Warner that much, but someday he'll be in the HOF.
    A lot of guys go in HOF's without deserving it.

* Played a total of 7.81 seasons (16 game schedule)
    * Padded his stats due to dome
    * Always had 2 Star WR's

Hall of very good imo

The question i ask myself is, Is he more deserving than Esiason, Simms, Stabler and Ken anderson? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Bos_Sports4Life; 11-19-2012 at 02:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    * Isaac Bruce

'95- 119 catches/1781 yrds
    '96- 84 catches/1338 yrds (Led league in yrds)
    '97- 56 catches/815 yrds (only 12 games)
    '98- only 5 games

He was ALREADY a star..

* Torry Holt played with kurt warner his first 5 seasons ('99-03)

'04- 94 catches/1372 yrds
    '05- 102 catches/1331 yrds
    '06- 93 catches/1188 yrds
    '07- 93 catches/1189 yrds
    (Probowl selection 4 straight yrs after warner)

* Fitzgerald (With warner 2005-2009)

2004 -(Yr before Kurt/rookie yr)- 58 catches/780 yrds
    2010- 90 catches/1137 yrds
    2011- 80 catches/1411 yrds
    (Probowl in both '10 and '11)

* Aquan Boldin (Played for Warner '05-'09)

2003- 101 catches/1377 his rookie yr
    2004- 56 catches/623 yrds in 10 games
    05/06- He averaged 60 catches/850 yrds due to age (30/31 yrs old) and the fact he played for balt didn't help.

Fact is, all 4 guys were legit and proved so either before they played for warner or after the fact.
    Your comments are incomplete, the truth is:

Faulk - his BEST 3 years (by far) w/ Warner '99-01
    Bruce - his BEST 3 years (by far) w/ Warner '99-'01
    Holt - 2 of his 3 best years with Warner '99-'01
    Hakim - best 3 years in the NFL 1999-2001.
    Conwell - best year with Warner (2001)
    Fitzgerald - best two years with Warner
    Boldin - best two years '08 and '06 (Warner played 7 games that year - including a 10 catch game)
    Breaston - two best years by far under Warner

2000-
    DOME- 17 TD's/8 Picks/119.9
    OUTSIDE (4 Games)- 4 TD's/10 Picks/66.2 QBR

DOME-26 TD's/15 Picks/102.5 QBR
    OUTSIDE (5 Games)- 10 TD's/7 Picks/98.8 QBR

DOME- 18 TD'S/8 picks/96.7 QBR
    Outside (5 games)- 9TD's/9 Picks/77.8 QBR

DOME-17 TD's/3 Picks/113.6 QBR
    Outside (9 Games)- 13 TD's/11 Picks/84.6 QBR

Dome- 16 TD's/10 Picks
    Outside (4 Games)- 10 TD's/4 Picks/100.4 QBR

OVERALL:

DOME- 94 TD's/44 Picks

OUTSIDE- 46 TD's/41 Picks

Now If thats not good enough evidence, Than I don't know what it...I did 5 yrs where he was at his healthiest and overall best.
    Excuse me, but are you counting all Arizona games as Dome? Starting in 2006 they played in Sun Devil Stadium which has a retractable roof used early and late in the season primarily, break it and the other retractables Warner has played out of the "Dome" category when they are open.

Furthermore, what is the average QB's QBR drop off on the road compared to home? You have to factor that in as well.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-19-2012 at 08:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    You're just wrong. Look at his eight yard toss to his FB today. Look at the sweet 30+ plus yard toss right into Santana's basket. Talk when you've actually watched the games man.
    You are welcome to your opinion. Mine is that Luck possess much more of what it takes to be a great QB than your guy.

vCash
    You are welcome to your opinion. Mine is that Luck possess much more of what it takes to be a great QB than your guy.
    So Matt is entitled to his opinion without an underhanded comment or a reminder you've been watching football for half a century? Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjamin View Post
    So Matt is entitled to his opinion without an underhanded comment or a reminder you've been watching football for half a century? Interesting.
    Is this on topic to anything?

My commentary on the length of the time I have been watching the NFL was not aimed at "Matt". I was asked a question by ANOTHER poster and gave a reply. Agenda much?

Back on topic. I would trade Brady in a heartbeat for Luck.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-19-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast