Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtisox41 View Post
    I think you all overrate Luck and underrate Brady. Luck has a 79 rating 10 TD's and 9 INT's. Hardly lighting it up. RGIII has actually been much better than Luck has been this year.
    Come back in 12 years when RGIII is a dim memory and Luck turns out to be the next Brady or Peyton Manning.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjamin View Post
    I don't recall refuting the fact that Luck is more valuable than Brady. Of course he is, that's pretty evident to anyone. Football players don't get more valuable as they get older. And yes obviously the price to obtain him even now would be insane, again I don't recall stating otherwise. I simply stated that at this given moment I would not pull the trigger. I'm sorry you opted to over analyze my post. This tread after all, is a fantasy.
    You said you wouldn't deal him. Stand behind what you write, or don't write it if you don't want people to respond in some way you don't like...

So you spent 5x more time to write this, then what I took to write mine.... LOL. Chill.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I dunno why anyone would laugh at Kurt Warner being HOF. He was the best QB in the league for 4 years in his career (unless you're a huge Favre homer), 2 time MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and took another dead-*** franchise to the Super Bowl. I think he was the best in the league in the late 90s (Favre included). I think most people take it as a given that he's in.
    He is in my book, but he's not even in the top 280 all time players per AV due to longevity. Lots of people don't buy in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Come back in 12 years when RGIII is a dim memory and Luck turns out to be the next Brady or Peyton Manning.
    Agreed. I think RGIII is pretty good but I don't like him long-term. Luck is going to get better and better, and RGIII's skill will be diminished with age and hits.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Agreed. I think RGIII is pretty good but I don't like him long-term. Luck is going to get better and better, and RGIII's skill will be diminished with age and hits.
    Yup and I said this before the draft and season started. RGIII will look like the better QB right away but his style of play won't be able to last in the NFL for very long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I dunno why anyone would laugh at Kurt Warner being HOF. He was the best QB in the league for 4 years in his career (unless you're a huge Favre homer), 2 time MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and took another dead-*** franchise to the Super Bowl. I think he was the best in the league in the late 90s (Favre included). I think most people take it as a given that he's in.
    I think you have your dates mixed up. Warner only played the 1999 season. Yes, he was great that year, but it was only one year.

As for the topic, I love Brady, but I'd take Luck without hesitation, due to the age factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    I think you have your dates mixed up. Warner only played the 1999 season. Yes, he was great that year, but it was only one year.
    One year? Warner was without a doubt the best QB in the NFL in 1999, 2000, 2001 inclusive. In 2007-2009 he was probably in the #6 to #8 range in the NFL.

vCash
    One year? Warner was without a doubt the best QB in the NFL in 1999, 2000, 2001 inclusive. In 2007-2009 he was probably in the #6 to #8 range in the NFL.
    The post I responded to mentioned Warner as one of the best in the late 90's. I said he only played in 99 (referring to the 90's). I'm well aware he played after that too. Thanks for jumping down my throat. Are we married?

vCash
    He also ALWAYS had elite weapons in a dome...Greatly padded his stats..Made a good QB look HOF worthy.

Outside (77 games)- 255.9 Yrds/game, 75 TD's/69 Picks (1.09 Ratio), 84.4 QB Rating

Inside (58 games)- 261.2 Yrds/game, 133 TD's/59 Picks (2.25 Ratio), 102.8 QB Rating.

His splits are night/day..He was meh during outside games.

He started in stl from '99-03 and started in ARI from '05-'09...He went from having Bruce/Holt for all 4 yrs to Bolden/Fitz for all 4 of his yrs in ARI.

IMO the most overrated QB I have ever seen, Good QB that looked great due to weapns/dome.

IMO his stats wouldn't have been HOF caliber (or even close) If put in an average situation (average-slight above average weapons/outside).
    Last edited by Bos_Sports4Life; 11-14-2012 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    He also ALWAYS had elite weapons in a dome...Greatly padded his stats..Made a good QB look HOF worthy.

Outside (77 games)- 255.9 Yrds/game, 75 TD's/69 Picks (1.09 Ratio), 84.4 QB Rating

Inside (58 games)- 261.2 Yrds/game, 133 TD's/59 Picks (2.25 Ratio), 102.8 QB Rating.

His splits are night/day..He was meh during outside games.

He started in stl from '99-03 and started in ARI from '05-'09...He went from having Bruce/Holt for all 4 yrs to Bolden/Fitz for all 4 of his yrs in ARI.

IMO the most overrated QB I have ever seen, Good QB that looked great due to weapns/dome.

IMO his stats wouldn't have been HOF caliber (or even close) If put in an average situation (average-slight above average weapons/outside).
    You forgot to mention that he was hurt much/most of the time when he played for outdoor teams.

Warner is nowhere near the most overrated QB of his era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    Thanks for jumping down my throat. Are we married?
    That's jumping down your throat? Ya, OK...

vCash
    Agreed 100%. Has anyone seen Cam Newton. Takes a year, NFL will figure out RGIII.

Not saying he won't be good, but no way he's better than Luck, period.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    No way I trade Brady for anyone period...

I may be wrong but i'll take my chances long term. Brady's got 3-4 years left. I think Brady get's one more ring, that makes 4! Come on.....that's clutch

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Parillo says he thinks Brady is done in NE after his deal is done (2014 is the end).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    No way I trade Brady for anyone period...

I may be wrong but i'll take my chances long term. Brady's got 3-4 years left. I think Brady get's one more ring, that makes 4! Come on.....that's clutch
    Brady doesn't have "long term". He has 2-4 years, and only two will be elite IMO. Parillo said today two years in New England, and then probably gone.

There was a time when the Celts were offered Schremph for Bird (after his injury), and about the same time Pippen for McHale. I'd have done both deals then and now.

I love history, but I love winning more, and that builds more history, not that garbage post Bird - pre KG stuff....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast