Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

the Murdoch spin machine back at work

After Hannity himself warned his viewers to be careful that Obama might "stage" or "plan" some kind of war act before the election to scare people into voting for him...he is now asking if the Iranians attack on our Drone wasnt covered up until after the election to avoid controversy.

which is it?
    Or are you (and all of fox) just going to continue with this contarian approach where no matter what happens or what the president says you will advise your Viewers to think the opposite?

The state dept. spokesperson when asked (once again thanx for getting national security and classified subject matter splashed across the internet Fox, well done) if and when the Prz knew about this, the spokesman said
    We donot disclose the nature of classified intel with the public.

vCash
    Well, its his job. My brother is into all this stuff, listening to talk radio or whatever, I don't know man, its all the same. NBC kept repeating something about someone saying if a woman gets pregnant when raped she must've wanted it, or some bs like that. I swear, 3 days later, same effin story over and over, about stuff that just really makes no difference. Its all the same crap, its what media is paid to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well, its his job. My brother is into all this stuff, listening to talk radio or whatever, I don't know man, its all the same. NBC kept repeating something about someone saying if a woman gets pregnant when raped she must've wanted it, or some bs like that. I swear, 3 days later, same effin story over and over, about stuff that just really makes no difference. Its all the same crap, its what media is paid to do.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

vCash
    So we have people who hate Fox because they're liberal, so they mock it and go watch MSNBC which just reinforces their own position with other extreme farcical ideas.

Then there's people who hate and mock the "liberal media" so they go and watch Fox News to reinforce their own position with the other side's farcical ideas.

Maybe we should all just give them ALL up and watch BBC.

Go take a look at every electoral map prior to the cable news generation and then look at the ones after it. There's more to it than just slanted news, but its a factor and we've lost meaningful discourse and opinions.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So we have people who hate Fox because they're liberal, so they mock it and go watch MSNBC which just reinforces their own position with other extreme farcical ideas.

Then there's people who hate and mock the "liberal media" so they go and watch Fox News to reinforce their own position with the other side's farcical ideas.

Maybe we should all just give them ALL up and watch the newshour.

Go take a look at every electoral map prior to the cable news generation and then look at the ones after it. There's more to it than just slanted news, but its a factor and we've lost meaningful discourse and opinions.
    BBC is more slanted than you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    yea, but compared to the u.s. media its really good. But that's not really saying much, most other media outlets put u.s. media to shame

Al jazeera english is actually really good if you want to watch news about the u.s. RT.com is ok, it has a slight anti american flavor, but al jazeera is really solid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Maybe we should all just give them ALL up and watch BBC.

No. You just watch them all. Just listen to everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    If they are I haven't seen it. I stick to the BBC world news summary on their radio channel. It's nice coverage of world events (rather than focusing on silly pandering headlines on US networks).

Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post

There never has been a liberal bias in the main stream media that is nonsense.
    Let's just go with this statement. You brought up Murdoch and Hannity. That's one network.

You're telling me MSNBC and Maddow aren't the equivalent on the other side? You jumped to extremes with the "liberal media" which I don't buy into a grand liberal media, but there ARE liberal slanted outlets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Tried that approach. Used to drive home listening to Hannity or Mark Levine and switching over to Air America Radio (when it existed) in between and watch both Fox News and MSNBC......I think its best to avoid the bull **** rather than taste both flavors.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    1. who the hell has the time to do that. Jesus christ.

2. Why should I listen to anyone who is obviously not a journalist.

3. From Cognitive psychology the Propaganda effect. You, me, anybody are going to more likely to believe something if you hear it first.... Even if you are told ahead of time it's a lie.

this is a bad idea. No one should be listening to Fox or MSNBC, unless they have no interest in knowing and understanding the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    My basic point being that its all propoganda, its all the same. My personal thoughts and ideas are much more in line with democrat than republican, but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the same tactics used by pro democratic media as pro republican media.

At the end of the day, like gmen said, they really just want to cater to their audience. I'm not hating on it, i'm just pointing it out

but foxnews is a little more off the edge

vCash
    There is a false equivilancy at work behind that suggestion GGGmen.

There never has been a liberal bias in the main stream media that is nonsense.
    We have had a combining of news sources for fifty years now but the effect is still the same as when it was 200 seperate sources.

Every other media source(other the Fox) followed stories.
    The stories that brought the most viewership and as such more advertisng revenue has always been salacious or horrifying in nature.
    Who killed who, who got run over, who forgot their kid was in the car and left them to bake in the hot sun...I mean its not news...it a horror movie without the screams , right?

That is story #1
    story #2 is who is breaking the law.
    now when your neigbor larry breaks the law, only people who know larry care, your not going to sell much Palmolive with that story.
    So they looked for stories with broad appeal and impact.That was only going to come from large corporation, politicians, and celebrities.

Its just the nature of the beast that Big Buissness was often a target,and Rs by association.It hads nothing to do with Ideology.It waS about ratings.

which is oddly enough the exact same thing Fox is doing. Only they dont have a storyline to follow, so they make sh up. all day long.
    then they foster hate and anger and offer up Obama as the patsy for everyones problems.
    the worst part about it is that they dont REALLY care.
    Bill Oriely said it himself,they are full of sh,, they are just selling a story that appeals to a lot of angry hateful people.The rest are pulled along by Ideology, faith or socio/ethnic affiliation, but the driving force is anger through lies.

vCash
    Let's all do ourselves a favor and quit paying attention to these entertainment programs.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    foxnews next agenda is CLEARY to try to get Obama impeached. With the Benghazi stuff, calling Sandy Obama's Katrina and now the Drone stuff its clear where they are headed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast