Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Gonna be a ton of coaching changes this offseason because you have to consider that there will likely be 8-10 schools looking for coaches and then when they go out and try to get guys like Charlie Strong and Butch Jones then their former teams will be looking for coaches as well.

vCash
    According to Volquest.com Derek Dooley has been informed of his coming release by Tennessee and it will be announced on Monday.

vCash
    Should the Vols go after a former alumni or even Fullmer, it worked for KSU bringing back Synder.

This should be it for Tedford at CAL, 15-20 the last 3 seasons he has had big recruits choose Cal and still not produce. Even with Lynch, Best, Forsett, Jackson he never got his team to a BCS game now he did revise that program from before but his time should be up.
    Last edited by popo85; 11-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Should the Vols go after a former alumni or even Fullmer, it worked for KSU bringing back Synder.

This should be it for Tedford at CAL, 15-20 the last 3 seasons he has had big recruits choose Cal and still not produce. Even with Lynch, Best, Forsett, Jackson he never got his team to a BCS game now he did revise that program from before but his time should be up.
    Vastly different circumstances between Snyder's departure and Fullmer's departure. Fullmer was forced out, and Snyder was seen as a hero that decided to retire. I think Tennessee will go after a big name, but I'm not sure who they can realistically get. Lots of tradition and a great fanbase, but Tennessee has to work harder in recruiting than other SEC East schools...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Vastly different circumstances between Snyder's departure and Fullmer's departure. Fullmer was forced out, and Snyder was seen as a hero that decided to retire. I think Tennessee will go after a big name, but I'm not sure who they can realistically get. Lots of tradition and a great fanbase, but Tennessee has to work harder in recruiting than other SEC East schools...
    I posted it in one of the SEC threads. Most high-profile coaches are gonna look at this job and quickly change their mind after seeing the schedule for the next 3 years....

2013 - Oregon, @ Florida, Georgia, @ Alabama, South Carolina and Auburn
    2014 - @Oklahoma, Florida, @Georgia, Alabama and @South Carolina and LSU/Texas A&M
    2015 - Oklahoma, @Florida, Georgia, @Alabama and South Carolina and LSU/Texas A&M

Realistically looking at those matchups this team is gonna have a hard time doing any better than 6-6 for the next 3 years. What really sucks for them is having Alabama as their SEC West rival.

Now imagine those schedules and them losing Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12