Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The coaching rumors are heating up....

If you buy what is going around its looking very likely that Gene Chizik is gonna be out at Auburn after December 1st and that Bobby Petrino is gonna be their new head coach.

The President at Auburn has already talked to the Board of Trustees about firing Gene Chizik at the conclusion of the season. His buyout drops after December 1st.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...eplace-chizik/

The same day that comes out you have Bobby Petrino's dad doing an interview saying that he wants back into the SEC so bad that he would take the first job offered and that he is very interested in the job at Kentucky and that he has already have discussions with one team. But he refused to say which team but that he had yet to talk to Kentucky. Well that pretty much only leaves Tennessee and Auburn. Its Auburn.... And I would bet this whole situation with Kentucky is an effort to get Auburn to make a move. Because Kentucky's AD has already said they have no interest in Bobby Petrino.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ada...mystery-visit/

Then this bit of news makes it seem very unlikely that Chizik gets retained by the university. Auburn has hired a security firm to provide security and enforce curfew on the Auburn players. Apparently the school felt that he had lost control over his team.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...w-for-players/

Also the word is that Derek Dooley is likely out at Tennessee. They had over 40,000 empty seats for the game against Troy which amounts to a $1.5-2 million loss for the program.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Gene Chizik should be fired. his record with newon and without him is insanely staggered
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Gene Chizik should be fired. his record with newon and without him is insanely staggered
    His record without Newton and Gus Malzahn is pretty horrible. He hit a home run with Gus but he's done an awful job otherwise of putting good coordinators around him.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    If USC doesn't make the Pac-12 title game and they lose to Notre Dame, then it is possible. Haden did not hire Kiffin, and Haden is not a fan of his antics. I hope USC keeps Kiffin though. USC has another year of scholarship restrictions and their depth will suffer even more over the next few years, but I still think USC is the type of job that can get just about any coach to jump on the offer.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    lol we are so bad on 3rd down
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Derek Dooley is gone at Tennessee. They just lost 51-48 to a Missouri team that has averaged 17 points a game in their last 8 games. They have to beat Vanderbilt and Kentucky just to get to 6-6 and will be underdogs against Vanderbilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    His record without Newton and Gus Malzahn is pretty horrible. He hit a home run with Gus but he's done an awful job otherwise of putting good coordinators around him.
    thats my point. his only good year was the antional title year with newton. he's trash outside of that basically

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    If USC doesn't make the Pac-12 title game and they lose to Notre Dame, then it is possible. Haden did not hire Kiffin, and Haden is not a fan of his antics. I hope USC keeps Kiffin though. USC has another year of scholarship restrictions and their depth will suffer even more over the next few years, but I still think USC is the type of job that can get just about any coach to jump on the offer.
    i think what saves his job is the fact that they have been under sanctions since he has been there for something he had nothing to do with. any other situation he'd probally be gone, but he's had scholarship restrictions and was bowl ineligible his first 2 years. i think he gets a pass this year and honeslty probally one more barring a huge drop off next year (im tlaking like 4 wins or less)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i think what saves his job is the fact that they have been under sanctions since he has been there for something he had nothing to do with. any other situation he'd probally be gone, but he's had scholarship restrictions and was bowl ineligible his first 2 years. i think he gets a pass this year and honeslty probally one more barring a huge drop off next year (im tlaking like 4 wins or less)
    This is a good point, and I can definitely see that keeping Kiffin around. He may need to force his Dad to retire though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    According to local radio Derek Dooley is having a meeting with the big dogs in Knoxville tomorrow where he is expected to be informed that this will be his last season as the teams head coach.

vCash
    The mad scientist could be in trouble again

The statement issued by Marquess Wilson:

Dear Cougar Nation:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce my decision to forgo playing football for Washington State University. I realize the school is saying that I am suspended for violating team policies and may return next week, but this is a lie. This is an attempt by the athletic department to cover up what is really happening in that locker room.

It has been a privilege to be a Cougar, to perform on your field and wear the Crimson and Gray. I would like to thank Washington State University for giving me the opportunity to do what I love most, to play football and receive a quality education for the past three years. I'm grateful to the athletic department for the coaching, care and encouragement I have received prior to this season.

This was going to be our year. My teammates and I were aspiring to be the winning team you deserve. Unfortunately for all, the new coaching staff has destroyed that endeavor. I believe coaches have a chance to mold players, to shape men, to create greatness. However, the new regime of coaches has preferred to belittle, intimidate and humiliate us. This approach has obviously not been successful and has put a dark shadow on this program.

My teammates and I have endured this treatment all season long. It is not 'tough love.' It is abuse. This abuse cannot be allowed to continue. I feel it is my duty to stand up and shed light on this situation by sacrificing my dreams, my education and my pride. I resign from this team. I am deeply sorry to those I am letting down. I am not a quitter. I was raised by my family, and many previous coaches, to exhibit dedication and embrace sacrifice, but there comes a time when one has to draw a line in the sand.

Lastly, I thank my fellow teammates, those who also have left the program this year and those we are leaving behind. I hope our departure will bring awareness to the physical, emotional and verbal abuse being allowed in the locker room and on the field. I pray for healing and recovery for all those who have been hurt by this treatment.

vCash
    Uh oh

vCash
    Just Wilson throwing a tantrum because has coaches who don't kiss his ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Just Wilson throwing a tantrum because has coaches who don't kiss his ***.
    Yeah it could be sour grapes we will have to wait til it plays out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast