Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hiroki Kuroda is a free agent. The guy know how to pitch in the AL east. Maybe on a two year deal, i think we should go after him. What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    this is Rajai (most likely)= a starter, (unless something comes up).
    Well, thats an upgrade over...ah Davis So I guess our 4th Of';er is McCoy

And you can bank on Lind being our upgraded DH/1st.

vCash
    Hiroki Kuroda is a free agent. The guy know how to pitch in the AL east. Maybe on a two year deal, i think we should go after him. What do you guys think?
    Absolutely. The thing is both teams that have ties to him are the Dodgers and Yankees and obviously they are can offer far better.

vCash
    Yes for sure, I think others will be interested in him as well including the Yankees and Dodgers.

Edit: Didn't read the next post before replying lol.

vCash
    Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos said that rather than looking on the free agent market, he expects to fill his left field vacancy with an in-house option such as Rajai Davis or Anthony Gose.
    While he has been utilized as more of a platoon option in the past, Davis has blazing speed and has swiped 171 bases in the last four seasons. Unless Gose shows in spring training that he's ready to man the position full-time, look for Davis to fill the role.
    This ****ing enrages me. It's not even mid-November AA and you're already settling on Rajai ****ing Davis.

My good lord, our rotation better be absolutely stunning come opening day or sharpen the pitchforks.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Again, rotoworld's interpretation (or even Davidi's, for that matter) =/= what AA said. I didn't think anything he actually said implied that the in-house guys were capable starters. I took it as him simply prioritizing starting pitching over all else right now, which shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Last edited by 2009mvp; 11-10-2012 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    I could tolerate an in-house LF option IF they manage to grab 2 or 3 good starters. I'll take that tradeoff. We did have the second best offense last year prior to Bautista going down. As much as I dislike Davis, that's a pill I can swallow.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    I was just going to post the same thing. The guys a great pitcher. I can't believe he's not talked about more. Obviously, the age is the risk but, screw it. I'd offer 24M/2 with a 12M TO and a 2M BO. That gives him 26M locked in.

If anybody cab be effective in their 40's...it's him. I've never seen 3 years of stats that looked the same as his do.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    There's no way the Yankees let us outbid them for him...no way.

vCash
    I think the lack of talk about Kuroda likely stems from prior years and him wanting to remain on the West Coast. After all he did invoke his no trade clause in 2011.
    Last year he surprised the baseball world when he took the Yankees offer. I guess it was just a matter of the power and allure of it being the Yankees.
    It wouldn't shock me to see the new Mega Money Dodgers throw a 2 year with option deal at him to return out west.
    That being said landing him would be huge. Last year Jays fans were excited at the cross culture appeal that landing a high profile Japanese hurler might generate. It's not the same buzz but this man is a proven top of the rotation pitcher. Pay him to say Yes and then grab a McCarthy and a Baker ( I like a healthy Baker) and the Jays would have a nice rotation without spending the money on a Sanchez or a Lee. Or - God helps us-a Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You'd be surprised. Yankees are pushed right up against the ML payroll limits. Depending on what else they do, they may lose interest in Kuroda.

I don't want to give up the draft pick for him. He's old and wouldn't be with the team long, maybe 2 years. If you're going to give up a draft pick, do it for a guy like Upton on a 5 year deal, if you like Upton. Remember, under the new CBA giving up a top draft pick is a lot more significant as it could sting your draft. That's why i've promoted Sanchez and Jackson, for example, who come comp free.

I don't know that Kuroda is going to have many takers. That's the one guy i thought should have accepted the deal from the Yankees. Just don't think many team, if any?, will give up a draft pick for him, so i look for him to end up back in NY, but probably not the deal he is looking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    You'd be surprised. Yankees are pushed right up against the ML payroll limits. Depending on what else they do, they may lose interest in Kuroda.

I don't want to give up the draft pick for him. He's old and wouldn't be with the team long, maybe 2 years. If you're going to give up a draft pick, do it for a guy like Upton on a 5 year deal, if you like Upton. Remember, under the new CBA giving up a top draft pick is a lot more significant as it could sting your draft. That's why i've promoted Sanchez and Jackson, for example, who come comp free.

I don't know that Kuroda is going to have many takers. That's the one guy i thought should have accepted the deal from the Yankees. Just don't think many team, if any?, will give up a draft pick for him, so i look for him to end up back in NY, but probably not the deal he is looking for.
    Yankees currently have $157M committed to 2013 with no catcher, right fielder, DH or closer and 2 holes in the rotation.

While there isn't a hard cap I believe they want to get under the $189M luxury tax by 2014 so anybody they sign has to be either a one year deal or fit into that number. They also have to re-sign Granderson and Cano after 2013 and there are some big arbitration numbers coming so the committed number is only going higher.

I expect them to get Kuroda and Pettite for one year at a combined $20M and maybe a $25M 2 year deal for Rivera but no long-term big money contracts at all.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Great post.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    Yankees currently have $157M committed to 2013 with no catcher, right fielder, DH or closer and 2 holes in the rotation.

While there isn't a hard cap I believe they want to get under the $189M luxury tax by 2014 so anybody they sign has to be either a one year deal or fit into that number. They also have to re-sign Granderson and Cano after 2013 and there are some big arbitration numbers coming so the committed number is only going higher.
    Love it. You can only run for so long from bad contracts...even if your the Yankees.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post

I believe our 1st rnd pick is protected since we finished in the bottom 10.

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast