Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    ^^Well yeah, but they're so close to being something special. As amazing as that trade was, I can't say I wouldn't be a little bit disappointed if they can't upgrade at the DH spot with 3 months left before spring training. We're not talking about a spot that needs a lot of dollars thrown at it either, not if you can get creative.
    I don't disagree with you at all - I should have been a bit more clear in that, given my expectations going INTO this offseason I didn't expect what has happened and I'm certainly pleased with how our team has been constructed.

That said, you are absolutely right... I'll also be very disappointed if Adam Lind is our everyday DH as he has no business being in the starting lineup.

Also your second quote on JPA is absolutely awesome! LOL! Classic.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Jim Bowden says the Nats are looking for relief pitching in exchange for Morse. If true, Jays need to be all over that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Jim Bowden says the Nats are looking for relief pitching in exchange for Morse. If true, Jays need to be all over that.
    Oh **** - the Jays better be over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

Morse would be the perfect DH to replace Adam Lind - and if it's only going to cost a guy like Rogers + a prospect, Toronto should get that done. Even if Lind is an expensive bench option (or incase of injury/days off) I'd be perfectly ok with that....

I'm still laughing at that JP/AA tweet where Arencibia is so convinced he'll be a Jay next year.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    That said, you are absolutely right... I'll also be very disappointed if Adam Lind is our everyday DH as he has no business being in the starting lineup.
    After putting so much effort into creating a high caliber offense, it would seem backwards to depend on such a question mark at a position like DH.

vCash
    Morse for BP arms? Would Lincoln + Stilson get it done? Hope so... AA should overpay if he has to.

Edit: LOL at JPA, that cocky *** son of a *****

vCash
    +1 on morse.

as for starting depth, i hope the jays are one of the teams in the mix for jeremy bonderman. maybe they can convince players like zach miner to come in on a minor league deal, or sign someone like kevin correia, joe blanton or even joe saunders to compete for the 5th spot and be the 6th/7th starter.

vCash
    Morse seems like a competent DH option for the Jays.

Hopefully it will cost a pen arm + a prospect.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    The problem with Morse is that we're not exactly short of RH power bats. And there seem to be other teams out there trying way harder than us to add offense (Mariners and Orioles come to mind). I wouldn't put too much stock in the Jays going after Morse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    The problem with Morse is that we're not exactly short of RH power bats. And there seem to be other teams out there trying way harder than us to add offense (Mariners and Orioles come to mind). I wouldn't put too much stock in the Jays going after Morse.
    Agreed

vCash
    Morse career .860 OPS vs LHP .830 vs. RHP

career .371 wOBA vs. LHP .360 vs. RHP

splits aren't bad enough to not go after him on the account of "we have enough RH power bats"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Morse career .860 OPS vs LHP .830 vs. RHP

career .371 wOBA vs. LHP .360 vs. RHP

splits aren't bad enough to not go after him on the account of "we have enough RH power bats"
    Oh I agree you go after him. However based on how desperate some teams are I doubt we offer the best package.

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Source: #RedSox, Victorino talking about three-year, $37.5M deal. Progress fIrst reported by @nickcafardo .

cherington has got to be the dumbest gm in the league....first farrel, then napoli and now this....bostons looking like a lock for last place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Source: #RedSox, Victorino talking about three-year, $37.5M deal. Progress fIrst reported by @nickcafardo .

cherington has got to be the dumbest gm in the league....first farrel, then napoli and now this....bostons looking like a lock for last place
    Obviously these aren't the huge Crawford/Gonzalez-type commitments but isn't this the type of thing that just got them into trouble? These look more like short term solutions and I think they'd be better advised to put that money towards scouting and building from the ground up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    Obviously these aren't the huge Crawford/Gonzalez-type commitments but isn't this the type of thing that just got them into trouble? These look more like short term solutions and I think they'd be better advised to put that money towards scouting and building from the ground up.
    napoli may turn out to be useful for them (even though i still think they overpaid) but the victorino signing is a little bizarre. 12.5 mil annually for this guy who's only real strength nowadays is his speed and defense, coming off a down season and who's onbase skills are diminishing.

vCash
    yea i agree. that much money for victorino is kinda insane. shows how desperate they are really

Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast