Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wait Drabek's coming back next year? Well what the hell are they after pitching for then, this changes everything!

vCash
    He's asking for less than AJ Burnett, I don't see what is wrong with that.

Fielder's contract was in line with Tex and Agone's.
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    salary caps is just a bunch of BS for millionaire owners to save money, what did the nhl salary cap do for the maple leafs? what did the nba salary cap do for the raptors?. I love baseball because there is no salary cap. Boston, new york and the phillies won't be Boston, new york and phillies if there is a salary cap. look at tampa bay, you don't need to spend 200 million in order to have a good team and make the payoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Wait Drabek's coming back next year? Well what the hell are they after pitching for then, this changes everything!
    Yeah cause that's what I said.

vCash
    any want to sign melky to play lf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Agreed it's become a joke. Sanchez is good #2 and a great #3 but I guarantee someone will pay him as a #1. My guess is 6/90 is pretty damn close to what he signs for when all said and done. Who honestly thought Fielder and Pujols would have got those monster deals last year?? There is always some idiot ready to pay hence salaries keep going up. Hard cap is needed bad.
    Everyone.... what is the name of that rock you're living under?

As for the salary cap thing, it's been hashed to death but long story short baseball certainly doesn't need a salary cap, as it would do far more harm than good.

If you want reasons WHY that's the case read the 100+ page thread about it on the MLB forums to understand why (hopefully people do this before replying - though I know no one actually will).

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I wanna sign another minor leaguer - its something I feel the Jays need to pursue more! Screw the rotation and LF and 2B, more washed up relievers please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    everyone did.
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    He's asking for less than AJ Burnett, I don't see what is wrong with that.

Fielder's contract was in line with Tex and Agone's.
    Sorry I didn't think it was prudent or possible to hand a 275 lbs man whose 5'11" 209 million for 9 years?? Pujols contract is even stupider hence St. Louis said bye bye.

Tex contract 8/180
    Agone 7/154
    Fielder 9/214

Fielder contract worse then those two but Pujols takes cake.

Pujols 10/240 with another possible 20 million in bonuses and personal services contract.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-09-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Everyone.... what is the name of that rock you're living under?

As for the salary cap thing, it's been hashed to death but long story short baseball certainly doesn't need a salary cap, as it would do far more harm than good.

If you want reasons WHY that's the case read the 100+ page thread about it on the MLB forums to understand why (hopefully people do this before replying - though I know no one actually will).
    I'm a little baffled how it would do more bad then good unless you feel it would make the bottom feeders lose more money by trying to hit a floor like the NHL. However if there was no floor and just a max you would see some parity in the league. Don't wanna turn this into a cap thread was just agreeing with some other poster. As for the rock yes I heard stupid contracts being mentioned but was still baffled when Fielder and Pujols got them. Hell I remember Griffey maybe and Andrew Jones being the first potential 200 million dollar contracts but never happened. Talk is one thing but when it happens a little shocking at least to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    any want to sign melky to play lf?
    Probably take a 1/9 or a 1/10 but I'm in. Wonder how Jose would answer this question?

vCash
    What do you guys think about this?

1) Sign Shane Victorino for LF/CF. 2 years $17M (+9M)
    2) Sign Kevin Youkilis for 1B/DH. 2 years $14M (+7M)
    3) Trade JPA, Rasmus, and Nicolino for RA Dickey and Mets #10 spec (+1.5M)
    4) Sign Roy Oswalt at 1 year $3M (+3M)
    6) Trade Daniel Norris and Moises Sierra for Alfonso Soriano and $24M in cash (+7M)
    5) Trade Adam Lind +$1M for whatever we can get. (-4M)

Payroll: ~101.5M

Lineup:

Victorino CF
    Youkilis 1B
    Bautista RF
    EE DH
    Soriano LF
    Lawrie 3B
    Escobar SS
    D'Arnaud C
    Izturis 2B

Bench:

Davis OF
    Cooper 1B/DH
    Mathis C
    Hech UTIL

Rotation:

Dickey (R)
    Morrow (R)
    Romero (L)
    Oswalt (R)
    Happ (L)

Minors:
    SP Alvarez
    OF Gose
    Last edited by jaysfan4ever; 11-09-2012 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    I'm not sold on Sanchez for that price...committing $90MM to a mid rotation starter just doesn't seem like a good investment.
    It's a little high, but I think he actually gets more than that. I can see 5 years at 81M, or 6 years 92M. Look at the teams that want a top starter:

Red Sox
    Angels (their only starters under contract are Weaver and Wilson)
    Yankees
    Rangers
    Dodgers (in on everybody)
    Tigers (looking to re-sign)

Then keep in mind that Greinke probably won't go to the Sox or Yanks cuz normal pitchers get anxiety problems going into Boston and New York (Lackey, Pavano, Vazquez, etc.). I see a bidding war opening up between the Sox, Yanks, and the 2 teams above that lose out on Greinke. Who knows, maybe there are teams out there that love Kyle Lohse, Dan Haren and Hiroki Kuroda. But it's more than likely that things will get ugly with Sanchez.
    Last edited by jaysfan4ever; 11-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    Sorry I didn't think it was prudent or possible to hand a 275 lbs man whose 5'11" 209 million for 9 years?? Pujols contract is even stupider hence St. Louis said bye bye.

Tex contract 8/180
    Agone 7/154
    Fielder 9/214

Fielder contract worse then those two but Pujols takes cake.

Pujols 10/240 with another possible 20 million in bonuses and personal services contract.
    so is your queston : "who honestly thought Fielder and Pujols would have got those monster deals last year??"

or

"who thinks the fielder and pujols were worth the contracts they got"?
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    I'm a little baffled how it would do more bad then good unless you feel it would make the bottom feeders lose more money by trying to hit a floor like the NHL. However if there was no floor and just a max you would see some parity in the league. Don't wanna turn this into a cap thread was just agreeing with some other poster. As for the rock yes I heard stupid contracts being mentioned but was still baffled when Fielder and Pujols got them. Hell I remember Griffey maybe and Andrew Jones being the first potential 200 million dollar contracts but never happened. Talk is one thing but when it happens a little shocking at least to me.
    Dude, how many years ago were the ajones and griff contracts? I remember being shocked when ryno was the first 7M player as well, times a changin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

1) Sign Shane Victorino for LF/CF. 2 years $17M (+9M)
    2) Sign Kevin Youkilis for 1B/DH. 2 years $14M (+7M)
    3) Trade JPA, Rasmus, and Nicolino for RA Dickey and Mets #10 spec (+1.5M)
    4) Sign Roy Oswalt at 1 year $3M (+3M)
    6) Trade Daniel Norris and Moises Sierra for Alfonso Soriano and $24M in cash (+7M)
    5) Trade Adam Lind +$1M for whatever we can get. (-4M)

Payroll: ~101.5M

Lineup:

Victorino CF
    Youkilis 1B
    Bautista RF
    EE DH
    Soriano LF
    Lawrie 3B
    Escobar SS
    D'Arnaud C
    Izturis 2B

Bench:

Davis OF
    Cooper 1B/DH
    Mathis C
    Hech UTIL

Rotation:

Dickey (R)
    Morrow (R)
    Romero (L)
    Oswalt (R)
    Happ (L)

Minors:
    SP Alvarez
    OF Gose
    Just a note on the batting order, you have a switch hitter at 1 and 9 and everyone in between are RH . I think we need some lefties in there.

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast