Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sox signed Napoli to a three year deal.
    Rays signed James Loney.

Nothing big. I hope Napoli ***** the bed in Beantown.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    Did the Yanks really expect A-Rod to be a big contributor next year though? Don't get me wrong, I think they're trending in the wrong direction but they still have that prestige factor that will lure FAs in.

The Sox are about to go buckwild signing FAs in an attempt to solve their problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get Ross and Laroche. But I think these are band-aid solutions and they're gonna end up overpaying for guys who are gonna underperform.

The Orioles, much like Jose Bautista after his first huge season, have to prove themselves to be legit contenders. We can't dismiss their past success but I have my doubts about them repeating it.

And they Rays seem to be at the centre of everything so far. They have a lot of trade chips and a smart GM, so they always have me worried.
    My point with the Yankees is that they can't afford to plug holes with Free Agent signings any more.

The huge amount of money committed to 2014 already precludes and large signings outside of extending Cano and Granderson - if these guys extend for $20 per season each then Yankees only have $30M left to plug a lot of holes.

Having old expensive players is finally catching up with them now.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Sox signed Napoli to a three year deal.
    Rays signed James Loney.

Nothing big. I hope Napoli ***** the bed in Beantown.
    Not likely, he rakes there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by con_artist View Post
    Did the Yanks really expect A-Rod to be a big contributor next year though? Don't get me wrong, I think they're trending in the wrong direction but they still have that prestige factor that will lure FAs in.

The Sox are about to go buckwild signing FAs in an attempt to solve their problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get Ross and Laroche. But I think these are band-aid solutions and they're gonna end up overpaying for guys who are gonna underperform.

The Orioles, much like Jose Bautista after his first huge season, have to prove themselves to be legit contenders. We can't dismiss their past success but I have my doubts about them repeating it.

And they Rays seem to be at the centre of everything so far. They have a lot of trade chips and a smart GM, so they always have me worried.
    I agree with absolutely everything you said, just an interesting facts that Buster Onley retweeted that caught my attention, "Yankees were 73-46 when A-Rod started in 2012 reg season, 22-21 when he didn't"

vCash
    Hamilton in Toronto would be very cool, but not needed...

I really don't think AA will do anything major...a long man for the bullpen maybe

I love our primary line-up...especially if Lind plays like he did 09 his last contract year...

If Happ, can't do it I wonder if McGowan will ever be healthy enough, the little we saw of him this was impressive for guy who barely pitched the previous 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Jays claim Eli Whiteside
    Adding catcher depth makes me suspect that either JP or TDA or on there way out. You guys think its possible to ship out Buck? Isn't his contract unattractive?
    " Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6....."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackSnackWrap View Post
    Adding catcher depth makes me suspect that either JP or TDA or on there way out. You guys think its possible to ship out Buck? Isn't his contract unattractive?
    I thought he had one year remaining at 6mil, which is probably attractive for a team like the mets...although I don't really think we could get much for him without something else of significant value added in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Drivers View Post
    I thought he had one year remaining at 6mil, which is probably attractive for a team like the mets...although I don't really think we could get much for him without something else of significant value added in
    Well our payroll is high so if we are trying to make another significant move he could be a good player to move. That would take of 6 mil of our payroll.
    " Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6....."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    My point with the Yankees is that they can't afford to plug holes with Free Agent signings any more.

The huge amount of money committed to 2014 already precludes and large signings outside of extending Cano and Granderson - if these guys extend for $20 per season each then Yankees only have $30M left to plug a lot of holes.

Having old expensive players is finally catching up with them now.
    For sure, but they do have trade chips and have had a lot of recent success on 1 year reclamation projects. For next year at least, the Yanks still have to be considered a serious threat. A few years down the road, that could be a very different story.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    I agree with absolutely everything you said, just an interesting facts that Buster Onley retweeted that caught my attention, "Yankees were 73-46 when A-Rod started in 2012 reg season, 22-21 when he didn't"
    Man that's pretty surprising. I don't even really know how to adress those stats except, let's hope they continue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Not likely, he rakes there.
    Ya of Red Sox pitchers. He didn't rake there facing our rotation, yankees, rays and Orioles rotation.

Those numbers don't mean a thing.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Ya of Red Sox pitchers. He didn't rake there facing our rotation, yankees, rays and Orioles rotation.

I don't follow... When did texas and toronto play at fenway park?

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

Exactly. And we all know the nightmare the BoSox rotation has been the last two years.

vCash
    @SNBarryDavis
    AA says the plan, as of now, is to give Lind a chance to hit vs lefties rather than go to a platoon with him. #bluejays
    I guess he can't answer that Lind sucks and he wants someone else, but still, discouraging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I guess he can't answer that Lind sucks and he wants someone else, but still, discouraging.
    Honestly I think that's exactly what hes saying lol. If he said "the dh role would not be a platoon" fans would lose their **** ill believe lind is the primary dh if hes still pencilled in come spring training.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post

@SNBarryDavis
    AA says the plan, as of now, is to give Lind a chance to hit vs lefties rather than go to a platoon with him. #bluejays

3 most important words in that tweet

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast