Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    When I said not going to happen I was refering to Jurjens not getting a minor league contract with Boras as his agent.

He will get him a major league deal somewhere ...
    Totally agree, was more so talking in general with other players he may represent.

vCash
    So the mets are looking for a catch and OF help in a deal for Dickey..

I would do JPA plus Rasmus/Gose... That will gives us a stellar rotation with guys that can go out and get you wins every single day

JPA is very expandable to us and so are one of Rasmus/Gose.. yeah it probably makes us week in CF but we are gonna be weak there anyways if Rasmus has a similar season to last

vCash
    yeah Jurrjens had a 2.92 ERA 2 years ago.. if Guthrie is getting paid, so will Jurrjens

vCash
    My god, did several people on this forum just say Cooper is a good hitter and a good option? I don't even know how to respond. It's like people don't even pay attention to the numbers and fall in love with comparisons with guys from twenty years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post

I would do JPA plus Rasmus/Gose... That will gives us a stellar rotation with guys that can go out and get you wins every single day

JPA is very expandable to us and so are one of Rasmus/Gose.. yeah it probably makes us week in CF but we are gonna be weak there anyways if Rasmus has a similar season to last
    If we're trading with Mets I'd rather try and get Niese. He's signed for longer at a team friendly deal, signed through to 2016 for $24M with options for $10M and $11M in the following years.

Mets should be wanting to keep hold of him so they might not want to part easily but the bones of a deal may be there if AA offers Gose & JPA.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Jays will never bring Boras client unless they are focused up against the wall with an AK47 to their head. Beeston hates the fact he uses Toronto as a pawn to jack up other players contracts and not negotiate in good faith. Some other teams have also started to boycott Boras. He can get the big dough but with a shrinking pool of teams, he may not as good as he once was...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    My god, did several people on this forum just say Cooper is a good hitter and a good option? I don't even know how to respond. It's like people don't even pay attention to the numbers and fall in love with comparisons with guys from twenty years ago.
    Yeah I don't get this either. He's done NOTHING to prove he's capable of playing in the majors. People tend to fall in love with his AAA stats which means jack squat.

Cooper won't be on the Jays in 2013. Bank on it.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post

The only way I see the Jays dealing Rasmus in a trade for Dickey is if AA has a plan to sign Bourn or Hamilton. Otherwise why would he risk losing a starting CF in hopes of getting a 36 year old starting pitcher.

I like that trade but I would rather add Gose and Arencibia for Dickey. I would also like Niese like someone else mentioned... not in the same deal of course.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Wade Davis, Ogando , Derek Holland, or Brett Anderson, Trevor Bauer? Yankees talent for Brett Gardner for Arencibia? Rasmus plus Sierra plus for Dickey?

vCash
    A lot of you are low balling what it is going to take to get Dickey IMO. Its going to take a lot more than a package deal of JPA and Gose. I think itll be wayyyy more than that considering you are getting a Cy young winner regardless of age or contract. If he gets traded youll be surprised how much they get for him.

Also, i dont see us going after Brian Wilson, but he is my favourite player in the MLB. If we get him ill lose my mind. Funniest athlete in sports right now, not to mention he's awesome and a buy low candidate after his surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Yeah I don't get this either. He's done NOTHING to prove he's capable of playing in the majors. People tend to fall in love with his AAA stats which means jack squat.

Cooper won't be on the Jays in 2013. Bank on it.
    I like the kid. Very good LD mechanics and a pretty decent eye.

He isn't your typical 1B/DH powerwise but so what, he's a high obp candidate. 'Give him some major AB's please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post

He isn't your typical 1B/DH powerwise but so what, he's a high obp candidate. 'Give him some major AB's please.
    This. He has done nothing to prove he shouldnt be in the majors either. He wasnt very good when he first came up but who is? Its deflating his major league numbers that already dont have much depth to them and he is WAY better than a ****** Lind. He could sustain a .350 OBP if given a full season if he could learn to walk a little more but either way he makes contact very well. Say what you want but he deserves a shot.

vCash
    I wonder how good of a pinch hitter Cooper can be? He may not be good enough to start but we were seriously lacking a bat that could get on last season off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jensan View Post
    Wade Davis, Ogando , Derek Holland, or Brett Anderson, Trevor Bauer? Yankees talent for Brett Gardner for Arencibia? Rasmus plus Sierra plus for Dickey?

Maybe I just missed it, but I can't tell what you're trying to say with this comment. There are many names but no real context. Could you clarify it for me please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    This. He has done nothing to prove he shouldnt be in the majors either. He wasnt very good when he first came up but who is? Its deflating his major league numbers that already dont have much depth to them and he is WAY better than a ****** Lind. He could sustain a .350 OBP if given a full season if he could learn to walk a little more but either way he makes contact very well. Say what you want but he deserves a shot.
    24/25 year old putting up numbers in Vegas=high OBP candidate? I disagree, and as much as I dislike Lind's, well, Lind's everything, he's still a better hitter than Coop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    I wonder how good of a pinch hitter Cooper can be? He may not be good enough to start but we were seriously lacking a bat that could get on last season off the bench.
    You wanna burn a roster spot on a guy who might be a league average-ish hitter with no position defensively? No thanks.

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast