Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Josh Hamilton isn't coming to the Jays.... where the hell would he play?? Clearly AA has no intention in pushing hard for him.

Cabrera in LF, Rasmus in CF, Bautista in RF. Only way it miraculously happens is if Rasmus is traded which I doubt very much.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash

I miss baseball

Nice video of Lawrie's defense last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mDTk6tULo&list=UL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Josh Hamilton isn't coming to the Jays.... where the hell would he play?? Clearly AA has no intention in pushing hard for him.

Cabrera in LF, Rasmus in CF, Bautista in RF. Only way it miraculously happens is if Rasmus is traded which I doubt very much.
    I disagree about him having nowhere to play. Hamilton has a good enough bat that you find him playing time.

It actually makes sense to me because you could rotate players in the field and use the DH spot as a semi off day.

Having said all this I doubt AA goes after Hamilton but I wouldn't complain if he was added.

Reyes
    Cabrera
    Bautista
    Hamilton
    Encarnacion
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    Arencibia
    Izturis/Bonifacio

Bench:
    Davis
    Lind
    Izturis/Bonifacio
    Buck

That would be an amazing lineup.

But I see us adding pitching depth before a move like Hamilton.

vCash

I dont think hes coming to Toronto at all, but if they signed josh hamilton his position in the field wouldnt be a issue whatsoever

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Hamilton would be great on a 5 year deal. But it likely won't happen. If he were brought in, he'd start in LF and get plenty of days DHing to keep him healthy.

Now depending on minor injuries the below numbers could be reworked, but if each player were to stay healthy enough to take the field regularly and have scheduled days of DHing, perhaps we could keep all 4 guys healthy and going strong.

My use of players, if all remained perfectly healthy haha

RF Jose starts 130 games, DHs 30 games
    LF Josh starts 110 games, DHs 50 games
    CF Colby starts 120 games, DHs 40 games
    Cabrera starts 30 games in RF, 50 games in LF and 40 games in CF, DHs 40 games

Imagine the run scoring ability of this line-up!!!

SS Reyes S
    LF Cabrera S
    RF Bautista R
    DH Hamilton L
    1B Encarnacion R
    3B Lawrie R
    CF Rasmus L
    C Arencibia R
    2B Bonifacio/Izturis S

WOW. We could throw Josh Towers every fifth day and have a legitimate chance at winning!!

vCash

That's right! Rasmus is blocking Hamilton. Heaven and earth would have to be moved before Hamilton takes CF away from Colby friggin' Rasmus!!

vCash
    Read this on MLB trade rumours got me thinking would 75 million over 3 years get us Hamilton? If he was to sign we'd be the clear favourite to win it all you have to think?

Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, Hamilton, E5, Lind, Lawrie, JPA/TDA, Izturis would be lethal. Cabrera would play CF unless Hamilton prefers it.

Olney On Josh Hamilton
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 26, 2012 at 12:02pm CST]
    MLB officials don’t have a clear sense of where Josh Hamilton will sign, ESPN.com’s Buster Olney writes. Hamilton, who is said to be looking for Prince Fielder money, could end up with the Brewers, Rangers, Red Sox, Mariners or Orioles in the view of Olney’s sources. Here are some details from the ESPN.com column:

The Brewers could end up signing Hamilton, but probably not if the bidding escalates toward $214MM, the amount Fielder obtained a year ago.
    Some agents think offering four years could help get a deal done. "Nobody is giving him more than four years," one agent told Olney.
    Though some within the Rangers organization grew frustrated with Hamilton this past season, he could return to Texas. They’ll offer him a high annual salary, but probably won’t commit long term, Olney reports. Some speculate Hamilton could cost more than $25MM per season on a relatively short-term deal.
    Rival executives view the Mariners as desperate this winter, Olney writes. Hamilton would be a good fit in Seattle’s lineup, but the Mariners might have to outbid others to complete a deal.
    Olney doubts the Orioles will get seriously involved in the Hamilton sweepstakes and guesses that the outfielder will ultimately return to the Rangers.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltim...WyWb7Fh389m.99

Dreaming I know but AA keeps saying money is there for right player if one player is out there to put us over top it's Hamilton. Says no one is offering him more then 4 years so maybe we do get him lol. K back to reality.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-29-2012 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    This city would blow up if we signed Hamilton!

Long shot, but ill never put anything past AA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    This city would blow up if we signed Hamilton!

Long shot, but ill never put anything past AA
    Well let's blow Hogtown up lol I think we'd have a shot at him for 3/75 but he'd definitely sign here for 3/81 to win rather then go to Orioles or Mariners. Texas is really only other option for him but they seem more interested in pitching. Jays should strike before Greinke signs because if Rangers don't get him in all likely hood Hamilton returns to them.

vCash

Blue Jays 2012-13 free agency and off-season thread 2.0

With Span going to Nats, looks like they're less likely to resign LaRoche. They apparently are offering him 2 years while he wants 3. Not sure of dollar value. Might be a nice looking bat in the middle of our order...

vCash
    Don't mind LaRoche for 3 years at a decent salary, not sure how much he wants. The guy has power, other than 2011 when he was hurt he's hit 25 or more hrs each of the last 4 years and a decent OBP. If the price is right, I'd give him the same term as EE. Good left/righty combo for next 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Well let's blow Hogtown up lol I think we'd have a shot at him for 3/75 but he'd definitely sign here for 3/81 to win rather then go to Orioles or Mariners. Texas is really only other option for him but they seem more interested in pitching. Jays should strike before Greinke signs because if Rangers don't get him in all likely hood Hamilton returns to them.
    Won't mind Hamilton on a 3 year deal, but 27m a year is just way too much for my tastes, but I don't write the cheques!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Won't mind Hamilton on a 3 year deal, but 27m a year is just way too much for my tastes, but I don't write the cheques!
    Ya it is high but to get him to bite on a 3 year deal it would have to be. I'm sure Orioles or Mariners will offer him 5 years though at a lower per year salary. However were in it to win it mode now and he fills a huge need a power lefty to protect Bautista. I'd take him at 27 per for 3 we'd be one stacked team.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-29-2012 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lorneg34 View Post
    They weren't "going" for a 12 player trade either lol.
    Probably wont get Hamilton. My point was just it makes more sense if he gets a 5 year deal. And becomes more of a realistic target then before
    Except with the 12 player trade, the GM didn't publicly announce they weren't doing it. He has though with regards to free agent position players.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Winter meetings!!!!

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast