Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1039
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    9,076
    vCash
    1500
    Post season experience is hardly relevant. We have pinch running in Davis and Izturis/Bonifacio. Yes, Figgins can technically play 6 positions but that doesn't mean you want him to. He has been so incredibly brutal. He managed to post cost his team two wins over the past two seasons despite only getting 507 total PAs.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Post season experience is hardly relevant. We have pinch running in Davis and Izturis/Bonifacio. Yes, Figgins can technically play 6 positions but that doesn't mean you want him to. He has been so incredibly brutal. He managed to post cost his team two wins over the past two seasons despite only getting 507 total PAs.
    Exactly. You could plug in almost anybody and get better results. We're talking about a -2.4 utility player. Just because you can play a few positions doesn't make you valuable.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    9,076
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Exactly. You could plug in almost anybody and get better results. We're talking about a -2.4 utility player. Just because you can play a few positions doesn't make you valuable.
    Especially since we are already a pretty flexible team positionally. Melky can play LF and RF capably, and CF in a pinch. Bonifacio can play all over the infield and outfield. Izturis plays 2B, SS and 3B. Bautista can play the OF and IF corners. Davis plays all over the OF. We're really not desperate for a crappy utility guy.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Especially since we are already a pretty flexible team positionally. Melky can play LF and RF capably, and CF in a pinch. Bonifacio can play all over the infield and outfield. Izturis plays 2B, SS and 3B. Bautista can play the OF and IF corners. Davis plays all over the OF. We're really not desperate for a crappy utility guy.
    Not to mention McCoy got DFA'd. McCoy being much more valuable even being a .500 OPS hitter.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    In all the excitement we overlooked Kyuji Fujikawa.

    What a closer! Better stats than Pap and Kimbrel. He's young too. Complete FA...He'll get 50M+
    So now you're comparing Japanese stats to major league stats? And come to conclusion that he's better than some of the most successful closers in the majors in the last few years? And how is 32 young for a rookie? Great insight

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    9,076
    vCash
    1500
    Red Sox just DFA'd Zach Stewart (the guy we got from the Reds with EE for Rolen; who we then traded to the White Sox for Edwin Jackson aka. Colby Rasmus; who was then traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox for Youkilis).

    They also DFA'd David Carpenter (the guy we got from the Astros with Happ and Lyon, who we then traded with John Farrell to the Red Sox for Mike Aviles).

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,582
    vCash
    1500
    ^ LOL....somehow maybe the Jays get back Zach Stewart for pennies on the dollar.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,535
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Red Sox just DFA'd Zach Stewart (the guy we got from the Reds with EE for Rolen; who we then traded to the White Sox for Edwin Jackson aka. Colby Rasmus; who was then traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox for Youkilis).

    They also DFA'd David Carpenter (the guy we got from the Astros with Happ and Lyon, who we then traded with John Farrell to the Red Sox for Mike Aviles).
    I could see AA bring either or both back for pitching depth.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Red Sox just DFA'd Zach Stewart (the guy we got from the Reds with EE for Rolen; who we then traded to the White Sox for Edwin Jackson aka. Colby Rasmus; who was then traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox for Youkilis).

    They also DFA'd David Carpenter (the guy we got from the Astros with Happ and Lyon, who we then traded with John Farrell to the Red Sox for Mike Aviles).
    That can't be right - didn't Cherington go on and on about how awesome Zach Stewart was when he traded Youkilis?

    Boy he's sure a terrible trading GM, isn't he?

    Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,827
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Red Sox just DFA'd Zach Stewart (the guy we got from the Reds with EE for Rolen; who we then traded to the White Sox for Edwin Jackson aka. Colby Rasmus; who was then traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox for Youkilis).
    Say that 3 times real fast.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Say that 3 times real fast.
    Will do!

    Stewart is a bust!
    Stewart is a bust!
    Stewart is a bust!

    Easy as pie.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    28,827
    vCash
    1500
    looks like Gomes is off the market

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    T-dot
    Posts
    10,866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    looks like Gomes is off the market
    bummer

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    True North Strong and Free
    Posts
    1,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    looks like Gomes is off the market
    Dang...woulda been a great fit.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,582
    vCash
    1500
    Where was Gomes going to play anyways? No biggie, Jays will bash the living daylights out of the Sox.

Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •