Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Fans still think Lawrie at second could happen? are you kidding me? get over it, Lawrie at second isn't happening.

vCash
    u know....just in case....maybe...just maybe if this deal doesn't go through...whats next....is it possible that the next deal is with the indians?....their farm system is pretty weak...and we have the assets...say for example, a.cabrera, choo, jimenez, masterson, and kipnis....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    u know....just in case....maybe...just maybe if this deal doesn't go through...whats next....is it possible that the next deal is with the indians?....their farm system is pretty weak...and we have the assets...say for example, a.cabrera, choo, jimenez, masterson, and kipnis....
    No thanks.

vCash
    I'd definitely buy low on Masterson.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    I was doing a bit of 1B research and looking if there were any good bats we could swap salary with.

I of course came to Votto. Firstly, I think his 1 of the top 3 hitters in the game and will be for the next 5 years. He's lead the NL in OBP 3 years in a row. Great. I was hoping we could get him but, once he signed the extension...that was it.

However, I thought in light of the new...swap for big contracts...maybe we could figure something out. I actually looked at the contract in detail and stopped there. Holy crap...what were the Reds thinking?! That's worse than Arods or Albert's and way worse than Wells.

They basically gave him a 14/283M contract. Plus they back loaded it. The next 5 years are sweet, up til he's 33. Then they pay him 25M at 34. 6 years at 25M. I think he'd be ok but, they are the decline years. Then to add insult to injury they pay him 20M at 40 with a 7M BO...which they'll take. Which adds another mil to the last 7 years.

Did anyone in the Reds think what happens if he gets hurt for a few years in his prime? A least with Arod and Albert you can make some money back in marketing with the HR records they'll both break. Joey won't come close to any HR or hit records.

Just the worst contract ever and I'm a big fan of Votto too. I'm ashamed to say I was actually putting a trade idea together. That contact could destroy the club or at least put it at the bottom of the division for years.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I was doing a bit of 1B research and looking if there were any good bats we could swap salary with.

I of course came to Votto. Firstly, I think his 1 of the top 3 hitters in the game and will be for the next 5 years. He's lead the NL in OBP 3 years in a row. Great. I was hoping we could get him but, once he signed the extension...that was it.

However, I thought in light of the new...swap for big contracts...maybe we could figure something out. I actually looked at the contract in detail and stopped there. Holy crap...what were the Reds thinking?! That's worse than Arods or Albert's and way worse than Wells.

They basically gave him a 14/283M contract. Plus they back loaded it. The next 5 years are sweet, up til he's 33. Then they pay him 25M at 34. 6 years at 25M. I think he'd be ok but, they are the decline years. Then to add insult to injury they pay him 20M at 40 with a 7M BO...which they'll take. Which adds another mil to the last 7 years.

Did anyone in the Reds think what happens if he gets hurt for a few years in his prime? A least with Arod and Albert you can make some money back in marketing with the HR records they'll both break. Joey won't come close to any HR or hit records.

Just the worst contract ever and I'm a big fan of Votto too. I'm ashamed to say I was actually putting a trade idea together. That contact could destroy the club or at least put it at the bottom of the division for years.
    Billy Butler would be an awesome addition. Makes peanuts, is only 26, can mash as well as get on-base. He's due for a big contract in a few years and will only get better so it's unlikely he's dealt but he'd be a name I'd look at.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Halladay;24365339]Billy Butler would be an awesome addition. Makes peanuts, is only 26, can mash as well as get on-base. He's due for a big contract in a few years and will only get better so it's unlikely he's dealt but he'd be a name I'd look at.[/QUOT
    that would be an amazing addition...but i think the royals are trying to be on the same page as the jays....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    No thanks.
    theres not much of a difference between miami and cleveland....thats very similar to miami's offer if u think about it....but prolly lacking in speed...

vCash
    The Royals can try and be on the same page as the Jays but they'll never spend. They'll deal Gordon as well as Butler at some point. They always deal their young talent that they can't afford. Just another farm team for the big boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    With Marisnick traded our future corner OF looks foggy. If he's available next offseason I wouldnt be surprised if AA made a push for him and Bautista moving to 1B.

If we could land him for mostly specs you do it. We'd be a legit contender for the foreseeable future.
    I think we are ok at of for awhile
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    I don't think most people realize how easy it is to fill the OF positions. Probably the easiest position in baseball to fill besides the bullpen.

vCash
    No kidding. Trade Rasmus and sign swisher
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    No kidding. Trade Rasmus and sign swisher
    Outfield defense wouldn't be good at all.

With Ramsus there he covers a lot of ground that will hide Bautista's lack of range.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Ya productive CFers are basically falling of other teams rosters...

Cabrera-Swisher-Bautista may be the worst fielding group in the MLB. But who cares about defence right?

vCash
    How about Zach Greinke? but 20+ mil a year is a lot. Maybe bring back Marcum
    Last edited by SLS80; 11-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast