Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    It would deplete the whole farm....
    It'd be worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B BURKE View Post
    If that pipe dream does come true, put Jose Bautista at 3rd, play Brett Lowrie at 2nd

vCash
    yah id be offering just about anything for stanton...

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    why the facepalm? if you can get a franchise right fielder, then i'd be more than okay with Joey B at 3rd and Lawrie at 2nd. I may be the only one, but I definately think Lawrie would be a better fielder at second base.
    Last edited by DeRozan10; 11-17-2012 at 11:27 PM.

vCash
    And as far as Stanton ... If you can get him, then you get him. I dont give a **** if it depletes the farm. I want to see the Toronto Blue Jays winning championships not the Dunedin Blue Jays

vCash
    I'm sure AA broached the Giancarlo possibility. If there was any chance of it happening, it would've happened.

The starting price was probably Lawrie, Gose, d'Arnaud, and Sanchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    why the facepalm? if you can get a franchise right fielder, then i'd be more than okay with this move. I may be the only one, but I definately think Lawrie would be a better fielder at second base.
    Why the facepalm?

Lawrie is not just succeeding at third-base, he's excelling there.

Bautista is a below-average fielder at third, so why would you move an excelling third-baseman to second-base, only to replace him with someone who, defensively, has not succeeded there? I would much rather just keep Lawrie at third, and move Bautista to first if, by some miracle, the Jays were to acquire Stanton.

vCash
    You think the Rays would have drafted David Price first overall in 2007 if they knew Stanton was lurking in the 2nd round somewhere? or JP Arencibia for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    Why the facepalm?

Lawrie is not just succeeding at third-base, he's excelling there.

Bautista is a below-average fielder at third, so why would you move an excelling third-baseman to second-base, only to replace him with someone who, defensively, has not succeeded there? I would much rather just keep Lawrie at third, and move Bautista to first if, by some miracle, the Jays were to acquire Stanton.
    Alright fair enough. All great points.

Im more than happy to have Lawrie at 3B but I still do believe though that he could also be an elite second baseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I'm sure AA broached the Giancarlo possibility. If there was any chance of it happening, it would've happened.

The starting price was probably Lawrie, Gose, d'Arnaud, and Sanchez.
    I bet AA Was fine until lawrie's name came up then he couldn't / wouldn't pull the deal and then put together the finishing touches on the reyes deal.

a

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    It would deplete the whole farm....
    No it wouldn't! Why does everyone keep saying that. We have 10-12 solid trade chips right now.

Ramsus, Syd and another good spec gets it done.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    No it wouldn't! Why does everyone keep saying that. We have 10-12 solid trade chips right now.

Ramsus, Syd and another good spec gets it done.
    Not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    why the facepalm? if you can get a franchise right fielder, then i'd be more than okay with Joey B at 3rd and Lawrie at 2nd. I may be the only one, but I definately think Lawrie would be a better fielder at second base.
    Lawrie at second base is not happening....people need to stop with this idea that Lawrie at second base is plausible and even Bautista at 3B as plausible. Please everyone stop it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Lawrie at second base is not happening....people need to stop with this idea that Lawrie at second base is plausible and even Bautista at 3B as plausible. Please everyone stop it!
    Amen.

vCash
    haha believe me I agree ... I wasnt saying yo lets go do it. I was just trying to say its not the worst move in the world if you can get a franchise right fielder.

moving on .....

let's go get stanton

Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast