Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Yes, right now, getting a Top 5 center fielder entering his prime on a reasonable contract should be a priority on AAs list over a prospect who may or may not turn out well.
    If Sanchez, Syndrgaard, and Osuna are not involved... I'm all for it. Although Arizona trading for D'Arnaud is redundant, I would much rather keep him and trade JPA for more pitching.

vCash
    Its gotta feel great being a Jays fan these days.

Adding Reyes, Bonifacio and now Cabrera is just sick. Rotation looks good with the addition of Johnson and Buehrle. IMO, easy favorites to win the AL East. Good luck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell39 View Post
    Its gotta feel great being a Jays fan these days.

Adding Reyes, Bonifacio and now Cabrera is just sick. Rotation looks good with the addition of Johnson and Buehrle. IMO, easy favorites to win the AL East. Good luck!
    Last year the Angels and Marlins had great off seasons...where did it get them? It is fun, but I don't get over hyped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Last year the Angels and Marlins had great off seasons...where did it get them? It is fun, but I don't get over hyped.
    Well the Angels just flat out underperformed, they should be better this year.

The Marlins just banked that getting the biggest free agents = success

Even though I know AA isn't done this offseason right now I am confident to say on paper this Blue Jays team is better than the Marlins team on paper last year.

vCash
    Is anyone else a little concerned about the fact that Johnson, Buehrle and Reyes seemed really pissed off about coming to Toronto?

Ken Rosenthal just tweeted a link to an article about the fact that Reyes and Buehrle are upset because they believed they had verbal no-trade agreements with Miami.

We know the pit-bull issue for Buehrle.

Johnson and his agent are publicly complaining about it.

That's a lot of negative attitude to be bringing into a new season. Can we trust these guys to really put their best efforts on the field if they don't want to be here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_mooney View Post
    Is anyone else a little concerned about the fact that Johnson, Buehrle and Reyes seemed really pissed off about coming to Toronto?

Ken Rosenthal just tweeted a link to an article about the fact that Reyes and Buehrle are upset because they believed they had verbal no-trade agreements with Miami.

That's a lot of negative attitude to be bringing into a new season. Can we trust these guys to really put their best efforts on the field if they don't want to be here?
    It's not Toronto that they are pissed at, it's how they we're led on false promises by a scam artist that is the owner of the Miami Marlins.

If Toronto contends, they will like playing here, plain and simple.

vCash

They're pissed off about being betrayed by the Marlins, not pissed off about coming to Toronto. Rightfully so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    They're pissed off about being betrayed by the Marlins, not pissed off about coming to Toronto. Rightfully so.
    I bet every player on the Marlins or was involved with the Marlins are pissed off right now.

vCash
    Yes, right now, getting a Top 5 center fielder entering his prime on a reasonable contract should be a priority on AAs list over a prospect who may or may not turn out well.
    No, I disagree. Right now the priority is finding another starter and dumping Lind for a better 1B/DH. I think Rasmus will play better because there is a better team around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    No, I disagree. Right now the priority is finding another starter and dumping Lind for a better 1B/DH. I think Rasmus will play better because there is a better team around him.
    Exactly what is that starter going to cost though, and how old/good is this starter you want to get?

vCash

I'm confident winning will help that. Reyes will probably love getting driven home by Bats and EE.

And JJ is in a contract year...he better play his *** off if he wants big $$$.

vCash
    Exactly what is that starter going to cost though, and how old/good is this starter you want to get?
    Sign Sanchez or or Jackson...Jays are pretty much all in now, they be silly to just stop spending and not address those two glarring needs. At this point, what another 15 million to the annual payroll? Maybe the Jays won't have that bonified ace by sending out five 2nd in the rotation types starters with the Jays offense will win some games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Sign Sanchez or or Jackson...Jays are pretty much all in now, they be silly to just stop spending and not address those two glarring needs. At this point, what another 15 million to the annual payroll? Maybe the Jays won't have that bonified ace by sending out five 2nd in the rotation types starters with the Jays offense will win some games.
    Well hypothetically why not get Upton and an ace Pitcher. Hey stranger stuff has happened.

vCash
    Look at teams that might or need CF and see what pitchers they have to trade -- right now Bourn may leave ATL leaving them with a need.

Rasmus or Gose would be good maybe for Randall Delgado? Or somehow go after Mike Minor and add someone else with the deal.

vCash
    Johnsons agent said he was really excited about getting a new start here ?? i dont think hes too upset

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast